Move One Ride from Anywhere in the Country to KI

If you could take one ride from any park in the country and place it at Kings Island, what ride would you pick, and where would you place it?

As much as I love Millennium Force, I think that if you took it from its current setting next to the bay something would be missing from the ride. I don’t know what it is, just something about going up the lift and being able to look out over bay adds to the experience.

I personally would like to see Volcano from Kings Dominion at KI. This would only work if CF actually took care of the theming on this ride. I could see them taking out half of Action Theatre’s queue and using the current entrance as an entrance to a new area, maybe a Jungle themed area? This ride would fit perfectly in that type of area and they would be able to keep the trees like they have in Rivertown.

I personally would like to see Volcano from Kings Dominion at KI. This would only work if CF actually took care of the theming on this ride. I could see them taking out half of Action Theatre’s queue and using the current entrance as an entrance to a new area, maybe a Jungle themed area? This ride would fit perfectly in that type of area and they would be able to keep the trees like they have in Rivertown.

I have always been intrigued by Volcano, The Blast Coaster at KD. I've never rode it since I've never been to KD but I have always wanted to. It looks really awesome. But where would this new area go? Like this area?

itsabirditsaplane.jpg

Man this is a difficult question, As with Millennium Force, my favorite steel coaster is Phantoms Revenge but without the ravine it is built into, I believe it would loose much of it's pazazz. In addition Thunderhead on the side of the mountain and the Voyage out in the woods would not be the same in a different location. This will require some thinking.

I have always been intrigued by Volcano, The Blast Coaster at KD. I've never rode it since I've never been to KD but I have always wanted to. It looks really awesome. But where would this new area go? Like this area?

Exactly the area I was thinking. They would have to decide on if they are going to wind around the backwards racer (or recar) or build through the structure like they did for FOF and the entrance to AT. Another problem is that the land is on a slight grade toward the top of your picture, it's not severely sloped, but manageable

Exactly the area I was thinking. They would have to decide on if they are going to wind around the backwards racer (or recar) or build through the structure like they did for FOF and the entrance to AT. Another problem is that the land is on a slight grade toward the top of your picture, it's not severely sloped, but manageable

I think they could tear out the building for the Laser Tag and then build the entrance to the new area underneath The Racer right there where the two sides diverge. I think this sounds like a great idea if they theme up the new area.

I'd want Apollo's Chariot or Expedition Everest... On second thought, Apollo's Chariot. Cedar Fair would ruin Everest's theming. Not sure where I'd want it to go though, I don't know much about the area, and I don't know where it would fit inside the already developed part of the park.

Wow, I forgot about that lake. That would be a better spot.

The only way it would fit there is if they took out the picnic area because otherwise there's not really any room.

letsgoflyakite.jpg

You know, I just thought of something...

How about this. A coaster that has a tunnel, entering the lake by WWC, and then exiting out of the Swan Lake, after going underground that bit of land there. Technological nightmare, maybe. Fun, extremely.

Well technically KD is lacking a good B&M inverted coaster since Volcano (their only inverted) is Intamin.

I have still yet to decided which ride I would want... actually I think I just figured it out.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before but I would like to see KI get Stitch's Great Escape from the Magic Kingdom and change it back to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter and, of course, put it back in X-Base.