Gay Pride day?

Cody

Oh, Lord... where do we start....

I'm sure you know how conservative I am from pervious posts, but here's my take:

Actually, I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure your sexual orientation is based on various factors when you're being raised. I remember reading somewhere that identical twins were separated at birth and given to different parents and one turned out gay while the other was straight.

I guess it's one of those things where you couldn't really understand it unless you were gay. Being straight, I find it hard to believe that someone could be born gay. But hey -- I'm not living that lifestyle, so I really don't know for myself. I suppose it's kind of like a white person acting like they know what it's like to be discriminated against for their race. It's like, I'm sure they know what discrimation is, and can somehow imagine how it feels, but couldn't ever actually know what it's really like. Same goes for this -- who are us straight people to tell gay people why they're gay?

But my argument is, who says gay people have a group? I don't see it as if it were a bowling team or something, because bowling teams don't ask for the benefits the gay community wants! If they want to form an organization, fine. But they don't have to make everyone else accept them. I would rather see it as more of a secret society and never hear about it again. That is if I have to hear about it at all.

It's funny -- it seems as though gay people primarily just want to be left alone. You're the one who seems to be trying to push your beleifs onto them? Do they rally? Sure, but so do all religions, political groups, even sports fans. The Constitution of the United States guarentees the right of peaceful assembly under the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Because I love all people and I want to see everyone have eternal life. You can't have eternal life if you don't have Christ Jesus in your life and you can't have Jesus in your life if you are gay.

I felt it was my responsibility to share the Word with you guys because I care about all KICentral members. I have been a member for a long time and there is a special place in my heart for this site and its members.

I wouldn't have said a word if I didn't care.

-adam12

So.... you're saying that a guy who came to Earth to die for our sins, washed the feet of his apostles, ate with prostitutes, and passed on a message of love, compassion, empathy, and good will is going to darn you to hell for your orientation.

Oh, but you, who preaches a message of hate, will certainly go to Heaven.

I'd go ahead and crack open that New Testament again -- I think you missed a little bit of it when you read the Cliff's Notes.

And no, not all Christians hate the (being politically correct) homosexual community. Sure, God says marriage is between a man and a women. But he also says to love your neighbor like yourself.

Oh, did he now? I'm pretty sure that there are a million people who will say that, but that was never in the Bible. Oh, and don't give me that Sodom and Gomorrah crap, that was NOT the intention of that story.

All you guys should be ashamed... this was a topic with a general question and you ALL turned into a idiotic arguement of right-and-wrong!

This thread has gotten SO FAR off topic that it should be closed before someone's feelings really gets hurt.

Some people just need to grow up and leave other people alone! -Hauntguy

You're going to have it, so I figure I'll leave the thread until someone violates TOS, then we'll get ride of it. Agreed?

In conclusion, I say... screw it, we're all different.

• Like 1

OK, let me get this strait (no pun intended), Rumor Smasher and I are AGREEING on something?

My head hurts! :lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

Me and Rumor Smasher on the same side (let alone the same team!)

This may be a sign of the Apocalypse!

And by the way Adam, if ya want to go back and forth about scripture feel free to private me. I'm certain that I can answer you verse for verse.

Rumor_smasher, I am sorry that your simple question has come to what it has.

Maybe one of these days, all people will come together with the maturity to accept all groups and discrimination will come to an end.

• Like 1

I didn't want this thread to turn in a flame war, all I ask for, was a simple date and then adam put his 2 cents in that no one ask'd for.

and SOB_TOM I hope that day comes quick.

Rumor_smasher, I am sorry that your simple question has come to what it has.

Maybe one of these days, all people will come together with the maturity to accept all groups and discrimination will come to an end.

Ya know, when I saw that ya changed your pic to a Pentagram I just about fell out of my chair!

I'm sorry, I forgot about the event on Saturday! I won't be there but I didn't mean to cause any issues between you guys.

I hope it is a good time.

-adam12

Whatever your view is on the subject if you are coming on Saturday please leave ALL of your hate at home.

Because I love all people and I want to see everyone have eternal life. You can't have eternal life if you don't have Christ Jesus in your life and you can't have Jesus in your life if you are gay.

I felt it was my responsibility to share the Word with you guys because I care about all KICentral members. I have been a member for a long time and there is a special place in my heart for this site and its members.

I wouldn't have said a word if I didn't care.

-adam12

So are you saying that all Jewish people are not going to heaven because they don't have Jesus in their life?

As much as I hate to get involved I must at this point. Being a born again Christian(I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and asked Him to forgive me my sins and come into my heart and save me), some here is correct, much is wrong. For one, I do NOT believe in attacking others for their beliefs unless those beliefs are a threat to me, others, freedom ect. In that case have at it. Otherwise, Christ's command is to hate the sin, but love the sinner. To love all is a direct command from God Himself.

As for love thy neighbor as thyself: Leviticus 19:18 says "Thou salt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the Lord". Jesus Himself said in Mark 12:30-31 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." Sounds like it's pretty importent to Him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for homosexuality, I am standing up for Christ and His word.

Jesus said "No man cometh unto the Father but by Me". John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." My job is merly to give the message, the decision is yours.

Woofer,

I have been a proud pagan for going on 5 years now. And yes, I have ran into a lot of people with the same viewpoint as Adam.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. HOWEVER, I am opposed to those who force their opinion on others. Just because one person likes those of the same sex, or believes in a different religion than you do, is no reason to hate them, or to make them feel like a minority. No matter if its said in the Bible or not, Treat others as you want to be treated. How would you like someone treating you the way you are treating those dont think are "Undesirable"?

Honestly, who care what orientation/religion someone is?? How about we, as humans, stop being so technical about every little detail and just treat everyone with respect and love. I can not stand when "groups" (I put this in quotes because to me we are all the same..) of people are slandered. What gives others the thought that they are right and better, nothing, nothing at all.

Now on topic, I am glad this question was brought up. If I could go, I might do so, just to experience that type of community. I feel the best way to experience this world and mature is to be around as many different "groups" society has created.

-Chris

Thank you, I will see you in Heaven!

I showed love for my neighbor by telling them the good news...

As much as I hate to get involved I must at this point. Being a born again Christian(I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior and asked Him to forgive me my sins and come into my heart and save me), some here is correct, much is wrong. For one, I do NOT believe in attacking others for their beliefs unless those beliefs are a threat to me, others, freedom ect. In that case have at it. Otherwise, Christ's command is to hate the sin, but love the sinner. To love all is a direct command from God Himself.

As for love thy neighbor as thyself: Leviticus 19:18 says "Thou salt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the Lord". Jesus Himself said in Mark 12:30-31 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." Sounds like it's pretty importent to Him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for homosexuality, I am standing up for Christ and His word.

Jesus said "No man cometh unto the Father but by Me". John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." My job is merly to give the message, the decision is yours.

your the one who put it off topic in the first place,

so how many KICentral people are going? im tryin to get tickets lol

Well, I've not been back up to Cincy in almost a year.

My folks are givin me all kinds of grief about not being up to visit.

I'm not able to make the KICentral Fest due to Birthday/River Tubing Obligations. <G>

I have a bunch of buddies that would love to come up and ride the rides and see the park.

Soooooo..... I'm considering it strongly.

Otherwise, Christ's command is to hate the sin, but love the sinner. To love all is a direct command from God Himself.

And the sin in question is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord. So is having sex with an animal and "knowing" a woman when she is "unclean" (time of the month). Myself, I think the last couple things I listed are just common sense, who would want to do either? blechhh

My job is merly to give the message, the decision is yours.

And when we do people get offended and angry with us. Telling people what Jesus has done for you is called witnessing, and it is what we are supposed to do. We are not trying to force our religion on anyone, at least I'm not. I can only tell people what He has done for me, they are the ones that have to make the decision to follow Christ themselves.

Coasterfan, your entire post was very well said. :)

Rumor Smasher, I hope you have a good time at the event. :)

I'm excited about this year going to pride night. I always have a good time and the employees are always nice and I enjoy being myself going. I really don't understand what it is with people who go to church and think they are perfect in this world that cracks me up when they critize others around them when they can't take it themselves! Don't judge someone else before yourself because its not going to get you anywhere in life Adam you must live a life just like this because your young and immature and don't understand a lot its ok buddy someday you will understand maybe before your days are numbered! I would watch what you say to people or about people because your not so perfect now :D

I'm excited about this year going to pride night. I always have a good time and the employees are always nice and I enjoy being myself going. I really don't understand what it is with people who go to church and think they are perfect in this world that cracks me up when they critize others around them when they can't take it themselves! Don't judge someone else before yourself because its not going to get you anywhere in life Adam you must live a life just like this because your young and immature and don't understand a lot its ok buddy someday you will understand maybe before your days are numbered! I would watch what you say to people or about people because your not so perfect now :D

where do u uselly get your tickets? cause im thinking about ordering off the website

http://www.pki.com/pride2007 i hope thats right address

I worked 3 pride nights, 1999, 2000, and 2001. I went to pride night in 2002 as a guest, and it was a fun time. However even though the money goes to help a good cause, I just can't justify myself on spending over 40 dollars for 6 hours in the park when I have a season pass, and I when I go all the time. If someone wants to buy me a ticket sure I'll come. LOL :)

Ditto! Well put!

Otherwise, Christ's command is to hate the sin, but love the sinner. To love all is a direct command from God Himself.

And the sin in question is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord. So is having sex with an animal and "knowing" a woman when she is "unclean" (time of the month). Myself, I think the last couple things I listed are just common sense, who would want to do either? blechhh

My job is merly to give the message, the decision is yours.

And when we do people get offended and angry with us. Telling people what Jesus has done for you is called witnessing, and it is what we are supposed to do. We are not trying to force our religion on anyone, at least I'm not. I can only tell people what He has done for me, they are the ones that have to make the decision to follow Christ themselves.

Coasterfan, your entire post was very well said. :)

Rumor Smasher, I hope you have a good time at the event. :)