Gay Pride day?

Cody

The day is listed on the back of the map as closed just like all other park buyout days. If this thread wasn't here, you never would have known. (Unless you drive by the park when the sign says "private event, GLBTQ")

No, I would have publicized it as the date got closer.

Check the history.

I list it every year.

<G>

Money goes to good causes.

'Pride Night' is a unique situation as far as "promoting" it on the site. Typically we don't allow private events to be promoted on the site because it turns into either confusion, or a "you're not invited to my party" situation. However, (and correct me if I'm wrong) anyone can attend Pride Night so long as they purchase tickets through several Cincinnati GBLT groups. So as a result of that, anyone who would be interested in that event can technically go.

Anyone can go to Pride Night and most of the profits go to charitable groups.

It's not a profit driven event.

Yes, there was a "pride night" type of thing in the past where the park was open to the general public. In order to disginguish themselves between regular parkgoers and the gay community, those who attended wore red shirts. Or sundresses with full beards......

So thats where the "dont wear red on this date" thing came from.

And now, SOB_TOM is going to do something mindless to get the picture of a full bearded man in a sundress and matching pumps out of his mind.

Tom, this may come as a shock to you but men wearing sun dresses has nothing to do with being gay or not.

Cross Dressers/Drag performers are not generally the crowd I hang with but there are quite a few that are straiight from what I'm told.

gay, straight, or whatever- any full-bearded man that puts a dress on... with pumps, and is serious about it... i feel has blown a few circuits in his bionic implants.

ALTHOUGH, I did go to a county fair when I was young and saw the bearded lady.... i think she was in a dress.

gay, straight, or whatever- any full-bearded man that puts a dress on... with pumps, and is serious about it... i feel has blown a few circuits in his bionic implants.

ALTHOUGH, I did go to a county fair when I was young and saw the bearded lady.... i think she was in a dress.

I have enough trouble walkin in my work boots let alone pumps. <G>

The positive thing about the gay community is the fact that they can't reproduce. Because of this, the only way the community can get larger is by recruiting more members. Thank God for that! I bet 10 years from now, they won't be able to sell enough tickets to take over the whole park. I pray for all people with this terrible sickness.

-adam12

^ I'm not even sure where to begin with that...nor would I waste my time.

Although, it doesn't really matter. That post was such a flagrant violation of the TOS (not to mention inflamatory hate speech) my guess is that the entire thread will be removed soon anyway.

The positive thing about the gay community is the fact that they can't reproduce. Because of this, the only way the community can get larger is by recruiting more members. Thank God for that! I bet 10 years from now, they won't be able to sell enough tickets to take over the whole park. I pray for all people with this terrible sickness.

-adam12

your right, we cant reproduce, but hey your forgeting straight people! they can reproduce and guess what :) gay/bi/lez people come from straight people! your born gay/lez/bi/ or straight. so i dont think we will get smaller anytime soon lol.

your born gay/lez/bi/ or straight

Actually, I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure your sexual orientation is based on various factors when you're being raised. I remember reading somewhere that identical twins were separated at birth and given to different parents and one turned out gay while the other was straight.

I've only been to the Private Pride Event Once.

I can pretty much tell you that it's a great event for straight or gay.

There are a variety of extra shows and entertainment in the various venues and it's a good time had by all.

Aside from Adam12's rather ill informed and ignorant comments, I think that the postings have been rather good on this topic.

^Yes, I feel it was. I can't just stand back and not let both sides be heard. There are two sides to every argument and I wanted to make sure the other was represented.

Look it up, why have gay pride parades gotten smaller every year? I feel bad for you all, you guys have become a product of society.

Oh, and by the way... How is what I said slandering anyone? Who says gay people should be treated as a minority group and be protected? This would so hold up in court! The law says noting about gay people having protection. I was sure there were more Christians on this site! If you are, please speak up and support my argument.

I have done nothing to warrant my post being removed, banned or changed in any way. I didn't use bad language, I simply voiced my opinion and that is what this site is all about.

Thank you for your replies.

-adam12

^ Wars have been started this way.

Opinion is one thing. Starting a flame war to induce your opinion is another.

It really is a matter of racism, which in this case, has nothing to do with black or white.

I also would really like to see the whole "hold up in court" thought proven. Everyone has protection from treating a group of people less than everyone else.

We all have rights.

I hesitate to get involved... but personally feel that orientation is determined by the same parts of our brain that decide which hand we write with... or which side we sleep on etc. I don't think it relates to factors of how a person is raised.

The philospohy that the job parents did with a child "caused" them to be gay has served no purpose but to cause countless parents to lay blame on themselves. It's also caused many children to fall victim to depressed lives and/or suicide at the thought of hurting their parents. It simply is not true. No one can "turn" you gay.

The example of seperated twins was given. Well, what about families that raise, say, 3 children and only one of which is gay. There's no difference in the parenting, or surroundings persay.

On the flip side, ignorance, narrowmindedness, and bigotry IS something that is generated by our surroundings, our religious connotation and/or how we are raised.

But my argument is, who says gay people have a group? I don't see it as if it were a bowling team or something, because bowling teams don't ask for the benefits the gay community wants! If they want to form an organization, fine. But they don't have to make everyone else accept them. I would rather see it as more of a secret society and never hear about it again. That is if I have to hear about it at all.

^ Wars have been started this way.

Opinion is one thing. Starting a flame war to induce your opinion is another.

It really is a matter of racism, which in this case, has nothing to do with black or white.

I also would really like to see the whole "hold up in court" thought proven. Everyone has protection from treating a group of people less than everyone else.

We all have rights.

There is a right and wrong! You make it sound like the sky is the limit when it comes to how sick people get with their sexual preferences.

In a family sometimes a child gets ignored or rebels and is uncontrollable. At that point, I think homosexuality becomes an option and is considered. I DO blame it on the parents at that point; it is their responsibility to raise hell and high water to ensure they stay on the right track.

I hesitate to get involved... but personally feel that orientation is determined by the same parts of our brain that decide which hand we write with... or which side we sleep on etc. I don't think it relates to factors of how a person is raised.

The philospohy that the job parents did with a child "caused" them to be gay has served no purpose but to cause countless parents to lay blame on themselves. It's also caused many children to fall victim to depressed lives and/or suicide at the thought of hurting their parents. It simply is not true. No one can "turn" you gay.

The example of seperated twins was given. Well, what about families that raise, say, 3 children and only one of which is gay. There's no difference in the parenting, or surroundings persay.

On the flip side, ignorance, narrowmindedness, and bigotry IS something that is generated by our surroundings and how we are raised.

But my argument is, who says gay people have a group? I don't see it as if it were a bowling team or something, because bowling teams don't ask for the benefits the gay community wants!

And what has the gay community asked for that is different than everyone else?

I believe that our small community here at KICentral has a benefit coming up on 8-4-07.

How is that different?

First...let's not pigeon hole all Christians as gay haters. I know many Christians (including several members of the clergy) who would be absolutely appalled at that generalization.

Secondly, Adam12, if this topic offends you so much, why did you read it to begin with? If a topic doesn't interest me, I simply don't read it.

Because I love all people and I want to see everyone have eternal life. You can't have eternal life if you don't have Christ Jesus in your life and you can't have Jesus in your life if you are gay.

I felt it was my responsibility to share the Word with you guys because I care about all KICentral members. I have been a member for a long time and there is a special place in my heart for this site and its members.

I wouldn't have said a word if I didn't care.

-adam12

First...let's not pigeon hole all Christians as gay haters. I know many Christians (including several members of the clergy) who would be absolutely appalled at that generalization.

Secondly, Adam12, if this topic offends you so much, why did you read it to begin with? If a topic doesn't interest me, I simply don't read it.

The devil will tempt you with such things and you must fight them! Please reconsider your thinking, forever in hell is a long time.

well im waiting =) and also, i was raised in a christian family and i went to church. I always knew i was gay. explain that?

NO ONE knows what happens after you die. You have faith you will go to a little gold place and live happy ever after blah blah blah. Also, I wanna live life and i dont fear whats happening to me after death. and guess what, I dont care what happens after death! I just wanna live life!

And, you say you love all people, then accept them for who they are.

Christians have a group, they enforce their beliefs on you. Whitch I dont think its fair. Why should we all be christians ?

How do Christians force their beliefs on other people? As a Christian, I can't even pray in school, at least out loud.

And no, not all Christians hate the (being politically correct) homosexual community. Sure, God says marriage is between a man and a women. But he also says to love your neighbor like yourself.

All rumor shasher wanted to know was when that date was. He didn't asked to be attacked by some people. I personally feel this topic should be left at that.

And going to Rumor Smashers last point, about just wanting to live life. For me, which is one of the things that lead my to be a Christian, just living life from day to day, at least for me, is pointless. I work my whole life, but for what? When I die, I loose all of my possessions. Being a Christian gives me a purpose, to wake up everyday.

All you guys should be ashamed... this was a topic with a general question and you ALL turned into a idiotic arguement of right-and-wrong!

This thread has gotten SO FAR off topic that it should be closed before someone's feelings really gets hurt.

Some people just need to grow up and leave other people alone! -Hauntguy