Bare area next to Action Theatre

Firehawk07

The fireworks used to be shot off right here:

itsabirditsaplanebm7.jpg

There was a little white booth at the left end of the concrete slab with a control board inside it that the fireworks would be queued from.

The booth was only about the size of a broom closet with I believe 100 buttons and 100 wires coming out of it for the fireworks.

No technically the location was moved at the beginning of the year, or more precisely the first day that the park closed at 10 since that would have been the first day we had fireworks. They have not ever launched the fireworks off from there while Firehawk has been here. They feel that by moving the fireworks next to Action Theater, it is an acceptable loss to have to close The Beast and The Racer early so that they can keep Firehawk open during the fireworks.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, didn't they move it because of one of the fireworks went off too close to the ground next to Hawk and FOF during the 3rd of July fireworks?

Come on, do we honestly need to abbreviate Firehawk to Hawk, that just sounds dumb. I mean Top Thrill Dragster to Dragster is one thing but seriously, Firehawk, the name is one word.

No technically the location was moved at the beginning of the year, or more precisely the first day that the park closed at 10 since that would have been the first day we had fireworks. They have not ever launched the fireworks off from there while Firehawk has been here. They feel that by moving the fireworks next to Action Theater, it is an acceptable loss to have to close The Beast and The Racer early so that they can keep Firehawk open during the fireworks.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, didn't they move it because of one of the fireworks went off too close to the ground next to Hawk and FOF during the 3rd of July fireworks?

Come on, do we honestly need to abbreviate Firehawk to Hawk, that just sounds dumb. I mean Top Thrill Dragster to Dragster is one thing but seriously, Firehawk, the name is one word.

i think its cool that they close it during fireworks, The Beast is great because you can ride it after them, and it makes it that much more scary.

i think its cool that they close it during fireworks, The Beast is great because you can ride it after them, and it makes it that much more scary.
Yes but you still have to get in line before 10. They stop operation at 9:50, then at 10:00 they close the line so no more riders may enter. Then at 10:10 or so, they will resume operation to cycle through everybody who is left in line.

Yes but you still have to get in line before 10. They stop operation at 9:50, then at 10:00 they close the line so no more riders may enter. Then at 10:10 or so, they will resume operation to cycle through everybody who is left in line.

yes, exactly. i got lucky, i was with a grop just yesterday, and we had to meet at fireworks at ten. we were the last train leaving about 9:48. after that the people had to wait till after fireworks, i was excited. it was great. the lights on the tunnel i heard people talk about were not on, it was pitch black. amazing ride...

• 1 month later...