Easy way to find coaster

Racerrider

FOR EVERYONE who wants to know if they are getting a rollercoaster next year the easy way to find out is by....

1pay attention while going up chain hills-you caan easily seeconstruction vehicles

2(the most effective way) after winterfest pay attention to the parking lot (last winter you would have seen the bright green track of what was X-Flight and is now FirehawkYou can see these photos in the KICentral photo gallery

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't put this guy down, he's absolutely right.

I think I recall Mr. CoasersRZ telling me about the land surveying equipment that he saw from The Racer on the last operating day last year. He said it was back by Flight of Fear, to the right. Being an architecture student, he knew that they wouldn't bring in that type of equipment unless it was a reasonabily sized project... I wonder whatever came of that... :o

Don't put this guy down, he's absolutely right.

I think I recall Mr. CoasersRZ telling me about the land surveying equipment that he saw from The Racer on the last operating day last year. He said it was back by Flight of Fear, to the right. Being an architecture student, he knew that they wouldn't bring in that type of equipment unless it was a reasonabily sized project... I wonder whatever came of that... :o

That is where firehawh was built

2(the most effective way) after winterfest pay attention to the parking lot (last winter you would have seen the bright green track of what was X-Flight and is now FirehawkYou can see these photos in the KICentral photo gallery

The park didn't have winterfest last year

Yea believe me... I would have know if they did... ;)

FOR EVERYONE who wants to know if they are getting a rollercoaster next year the easy way to find out is by....

1pay attention while going up chain hills-you caan easily seeconstruction vehicles

I made sure I copied this post and printed it out, I will be carrying it with me from now on when visiting the park. I saw a bunch of construction vehicles to the left when riding fairly odd coaster yesterday

I want to smack myself in the forehead after reading this thread.

On that note, if you REALLY want to know if they're getting a roller coaster, wait until they release a press statement that they're getting a roller coaster. This past off-season they released a statement that they were getting Firehawk. That's a good way of finding out.

*end sarcasm*

Thank you for the tips but I know all of that stuff. Every time i go up beast or raceer, or even Vortex i look around for area's possable and I will state this again. Rivertown is geting a Dive COaster!!

Thes is kind of a stupid question but

what is a dive coaster??????????????????????????????????????????????? :huh:

Thank you for the tips but I know all of that stuff. Every time i go up beast or raceer, or even Vortex i look around for area's possable and I will state this again. Rivertown is geting a Dive COaster!!

There is no need for that many question marks, even just one, yes one, would have shown that you were asking a question.

A dive coaster is a B&M coaster that is either 8 or 10 accross that goes vertical. They are very larg coasters. Most notable coasters are Sheikra at Busch Gardens Africa, Griffon at Busch Gardens Europe and Oblivion at Alton Towers.

Example:

p12485.jpg

p1192.jpg

p18677.jpg

There is a Vortex railing on the ground at the bottom of the first drop, does that mean they're going to make Vortex longer?

Yes, but only one rail.

(Monroe who only has one more day at BonBon-Land before he heads to Germany)

Along those same lines....

FOR EVERYONE who wants to know if you have to go pee in the next 15 minutes is....

1pay attention to the watermark below your waist. If there is one, you are too late.

2(the most effective, cleanest, and less embarrassing way) after you start to feel the urge, and sweat starts to bead up on your forehead, and the pee pee dance is getting faster and more exotic, head for the closest bathroom, or large bush.

If you refuse to follow #2, please refer to #1.

;)

There is a Vortex railing on the ground at the bottom of the first drop, does that mean they're going to make Vortex longer?

It is probably for repairs to replace old pieces

You're both wrong, they're going to put it beneath one of the footers to keep Vortex from sinking anymore.

You're both wrong, they're going to put it beneath one of the footers to keep Vortex from sinking anymore.

Paging Robbie

Paging Robbie

Man I'm glad someone cleared that up, that's been bugging me forever.

I would call Maverick a dive coaster. It is a 95 degree first drop and you are basically laying on your stomach.

On the subject of how can you tell if a new coaster is being built, I don't think it is always possible. It seems to depend upon what type of coaster they are building. Sometimes you will see more than a year ahead of time construction start on a new coaster, such as with Maverick, SOB and Top Thrill Dragster. Other times, they don't start construction until the fall before the next season, such as with Raptor, Italian Job, and Mantis.

Guest kwindshawne

Along those same lines....

FOR EVERYONE who wants to know if you have to go pee in the next 15 minutes is....

1pay attention to the watermark below your waist. If there is one, you are too late.

2(the most effective, cleanest, and less embarrassing way) after you start to feel the urge, and sweat starts to bead up on your forehead, and the pee pee dance is getting faster and more exotic, head for the closest bathroom, or large bush.

:lol:

If you refuse to follow #2, please refer to #1.

;)

I would call Maverick a dive coaster. It is a 95 degree first drop and you are basically laying on your stomach.

On the subject of how can you tell if a new coaster is being built, I don't think it is always possible. It seems to depend upon what type of coaster they are building. Sometimes you will see more than a year ahead of time construction start on a new coaster, such as with Maverick, SOB and Top Thrill Dragster. Other times, they don't start construction until the fall before the next season, such as with Raptor, Italian Job, and Mantis.

I agree that obviously maverick goes over 90° and all but I believe a dive coaster is restricted more to the type of coaster. Obviously trains that hold either 8 or 10 across is a major point aswell as the ever popular holding break before the vertical drop, and then garguantuan inversions [not to mention enormous track pieces]. I'm not sure what Maverick is classified as right now, but I would not consider it a dive coaster. I'm pretty sure B&M are holding onto the Dive Coaster market at the moment.

^agreed. Cedar Point calls Maverick a "Terra Coaster." No one really knows what that means, but it's assume that they refer to it by that name because the coaster is based on low-to-the-ground-maneuvers and quick turns. Just because a coaster goes vertical doesn't mean it's a dive coaster, i.e. Wicked Twister, TTD, Mystery Mine

• 2 weeks later...

There is no need for that many question marks, even just one, yes one, would have shown that you were asking a question.

A dive coaster is a B&M coaster that is either 8 or 10 accross that goes vertical. They are very larg coasters. Most notable coasters are Sheikra at Busch Gardens Africa, Griffon at Busch Gardens Europe and Oblivion at Alton Towers.

Example:

p12485.jpg

p1192.jpg

p18677.jpg

But Oblivion doesn't go vertical