Saw work going on next to TG

KIfan73

I meant to post this a few days ago...

I was at the park last Monday, 7/23/07.

I saw a couple guys, one in a tie, kind of measuring/surveying in an area by TG's queue. The best way to be able to see the area is if you are exiting SOB, right at the end of the exit queue, and you looked to the right. There's so many fences, its the only way I could see them. Its the grassy area, running along the tall privacy fence next to TG's queue.

Probably nothing, but, hey, I never have any good rumors to start... :D

In the photo, I tried to shade roughly the area I'm talking about: It is in the area behind EXtreme Skyflyer

pshoppedki.jpg

If this is what I think it is it seems we hear about it once every year. Apparently it usually has something to do with the creek that runs through that area or at least that's what people say. I'm not sure but hopefully it's actually something interesting.

The area the discussion centers on used to be one of the old graveyards that previously held the shells of the fourth Flight of Fear train. It is located immediately behind the lift towers for Xtreme Skyflyer and to the left of the Top Gun queue, before you go under the bridge.

Well, if people remember the construction tour at Winter Soar back in early March, Maureen did say that the park would be building another building to house a FearFest attraction. I think a FearFest attraction over in the Action Zone is much needed, as too many of the haunts were focused in Coney Mall (which had three haunts last year, not counting the "scare zones." Rivertown had two (Headless Hollow and Cowboy Carnage). Nick Universe had Circus of Horrors (which until last year, was staged in the Festhaus). The Festhaus is a place I can pretty much guarantee will never have a haunt inside of it again because they built the Panda Express on the side that used to house the Circus of Horrors.

I already posted about this 2 days ago so more threads about this wouldn't be made.

See the thread "Club BLOOD" in the "Coming Attractions" section.

Ha. This is a board where we sometimes end up with half a dozen widely differing threads about the same thing! :)

Anyway, the thread you reference can be found here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10294

I already posted about this 2 days ago so more threads about this wouldn't be made.

Stop posting things that you heard from work. If it is true, you are not allowed to post those things, as it can be cause to terminate your employment there. If it is not true, then you are spreading false rumors. Either way, stop it.

I meant to post this a few days ago...

I was at the park last Monday, 7/23/07.

I saw a couple guys, one in a tie, kind of measuring/surveying in an area by TG's queue. The best way to be able to see the area is if you are exiting SOB, right at the end of the exit queue, and you looked to the right. There's so many fences, its the only way I could see them. Its the grassy area, running along the tall privacy fence next to TG's queue.

Probably nothing, but, hey, I never have any good rumors to start... :D

In the photo, I tried to shade roughly the area I'm talking about: It is in the area behind EXtreme Skyflyer

pshoppedki.jpg

Good Point i went to the park the day after you did(it was the grand re-opening of drop-zone) i rode sob and saw some trucks and men wearing construction uniforms and i thought the same thing

Stop posting things that you heard from work. If it is true, you are not allowed to post those things, as it can be cause to terminate your employment there. If it is not true, then you are spreading false rumors. Either way, stop it.

Uh oh, it's the KI internet police. Looks like KI Man won't be able to participate in KIC Survivor. Which I'm sure he's heartbroken over... :rolleyes:

Uh oh, it's the KI internet police. Looks like KI Man won't be able to participate in KIC Survivor. Which I'm sure he's heartbroken over... :rolleyes:

He'll put is eye out!

I was at the park today and that area is now a giant concrete slab with steel beams in a pile next to it. There are also two very short, direct concrete paths paved from the foundation (que line width). One leads to the left of the entrance to Top Gun, and the other leads into Top Gun's que. This supports the rumor that it will be used as a Fear Fest attraction. My question is how the line will form- will they use Top Gun's que?

Sorry, no pictures. I guess some of you will get to see for yourselves on Saturday!

Well, if people remember the construction tour at Winter Soar back in early March, Maureen did say that the park would be building another building to house a FearFest attraction. I think a FearFest attraction over in the Action Zone is much needed, as too many of the haunts were focused in Coney Mall (which had three haunts last year, not counting the "scare zones." Rivertown had two (Headless Hollow and Cowboy Carnage). Nick Universe had Circus of Horrors (which until last year, was staged in the Festhaus). The Festhaus is a place I can pretty much guarantee will never have a haunt inside of it again because they built the Panda Express on the side that used to house the Circus of Horrors.

I think the prices at Panda Express are scary enough, we dont need a haunt in the festhaus

It looks like those paths are definitely queue paths. I could see a FF attraction, but it seems a little odd that they build a structure solely for FearFest. All of their other haunted houses have been located in buildings that already existed (or paths). If they're building something, I personally think that it's something that will be used for the entire season.