SOB coaster counted twice?

TopThrill

they made it a new ride doing that and if because they altered the track there would be 4 racers insted of 2 so no

sorry i read your post wrong and i would count it again because it is a different ride and if you rode The Racersbefore'96 then you might wan't to count it again because they removed bunny hopps on each one

^Agreed, if you really want to because it will make you happy to have another coaster than by all means.

Personally, if the name hasnt changed I dont consider it a new ride. I know that there are rides that have been changed and stayed under the same name, and to me they're still the same ride.

If I had ridden Phantom's Revenge when it was Steel Phantom then yes I would count it as two rides, but in a world when people debate whether The Racer is 2 coasters, I'd say Son of Beast is still one coaster.

What I was talking about is that it was on the New for 2007 page. I know its not new i just wondered what people thought about rcdb having it posted like that and why not just keep it off the "NEW for 2007" page and just post as SBNO and then put Operating instead of making other people think its a NEW coaster for Kings Island. I would understand it if it was a "NEW" ride or a relocated ride like Firehawk but to just have it put under that page to me doesn't make sense if it is not a new or relocated coaster and i wanted to know what people thought of it.

Kings Island is not trying to market SOB as a NEW ride. The park is still trying to escape the shroud of darkness left from the incident. I believe that KI wants Son of Beast out of the spotlight as much as possible. Even having a brochure saying Son of Beast NEW, or NOW OPEN would make people think about why it's now "New" or why it just reopened and was closed in the first place. KI just wants people to find out its open, ride it, and forget about it for a couple of years untill the incident is history.

Are you talking about your own personal ride count? Who cares? - only you care. Is it that big of deal? Hell do whatever you want, it only matters to you.

Personally I think SOB is still SOB but how you want to count the number of times you have ridden is your own personal preference. Personally I don't really see a point in keeping track, I ride to have fun and I have a generally idea of how many times I have ridden each ride.

Are you trying to set some world record?