1 new coaster for KI, but what kind?

DropZone99

I think the Screaming Squirrels are hilarious looking. Kind of like a wild mouse on crack. Either way KI would never go for it.

I would say any type of coaster that its built for the sole purpose of air time.

By the way, Custom Coasters International has been out of business for several years. I know because it used to be about 1.5 miles down the road from me.

CCI as such is out of business, but "The Gravity Group" IS in business with the same exact engineering staff as CCI minus Denise. They are responsible for Hades, The Voyage, a new one at Boardwalk in Texas, remakes of Raven. They are VERY VERY active and still quite a viable source for a new woodie.

Wait just a minute. Are you saying Dennis McNulty is with the Gravity Group? I think not. Dennis was the inspiration behind some of CCI's most brilliant designs.

Don't get me wrong. The Gravity Group are great guys, and do excellent work. But Dennis is missed. His work was sheer brilliance.

http://www.rcdb.com/cd128.htm

I think the Screaming Squirrels are hilarious looking. Kind of like a wild mouse on crack. Either way KI would never go for it.

I would say any type of coaster that its built for the sole purpose of air time.

By the way, Custom Coasters International has been out of business for several years. I know because it used to be about 1.5 miles down the road from me.

CCI as such is out of business, but "The Gravity Group" IS in business with the same exact engineering staff as CCI minus Denise. They are responsible for Hades, The Voyage, a new one at Boardwalk in Texas, remakes of Raven. They are VERY VERY active and still quite a viable source for a new woodie.

Yea and in case you didnt notice, the Gravity Group is another choice in the poll so unless we're going to move the BOSS or the Villian from Geauga Lake to KI, I think it's unlikely that a CCI woodie is possible. Its not like people back track and call all the old CCI Woodies Gravity Group woodies. I dont know how much you know about CCI but Denise Dinn was a pretty big part of it, not to mention the president and owner. I was lucky enough to meet her on several occations including an auction CCI had where they sold almost all of their coaster building tools. I've still got a 200,000 btu heater, an enormous 2 handed drill, a lot of safety rope, and some other things from them.

Also I think you mean remakes of the Ravine Flyer, not the Raven. The Raven Coincidentally, was a CCI woodie.

I think it's funny how Miller made the list, like we need another giggle coaster to duel, yet a company like Morgan did not.