possible "new ride" in new KI commercial?

deb

I saw a commercial about 3 times this evening for Kings Island and the $24.99 admission.

Within the commercial, it shows Firehawk, Delirium, Son of Beast (the old trains), Vortex, Scooby and the parade, and Italian Job. It shows a coaster that we don't have (yet????), but I'm not sure which one. Maybe this is a "premonition" of things to come within the next few years???

deb

Nope. Kings Island has had commercials all year that feature rides that are not at Kings Island. One commercial showed an S&S tower ride as well as an inverting viking ship, both of which are rides that are not found at Kings Island. Sorry to burst your wishful bubble.

Ah, ok. And no bubble bursting. I just saw that and wondered what it was. Isn't that almost false advertising? I mean, that'd be like running a commercial with loopy SoB now, saying it's open, only for riders to get there and have a loopless SoB. I know if I didn't know better, and I saw something I wanted to ride, and got there and it didn't even ALMOST exist, I'd be ticked.

deb

and I checked rcdb, and it wasn't Jaguar!. This one had a blue track and cars similiar to TTD.

No offense, but those ads are not worth even watching. Almost every amusement park commercial I've ever seen includes roller coasters that aren't actually at the park. It always made me wonder why they do that. It's not like KI doesn't have enough good rides to attract people. Most parks that DO advertise have good enough rides. seems kinda weird.

^ Chances are those commercials were used prior to the ride actually being built. And the best way to promote a ride that is still under construction through a visual commercial is to use video from a "like" ride from a different park.

You would think that the park could have updated the commercial/ video, but that can be rather costly. Especially since the only ones that notice are enthusiasts like us. To the general public it is no big deal.

I just saw it again, and it's got some onride video of Firehawk. And I change my mind about that other coaster being MF... it's got a white track and blue trains.

I thought false advertisement was simply showing/saying you have something you don't have, especially when money is involved.

deb

False advertisement is just not that simple. I promise you that you would have to prove that they were purposefully misleading you into thinking that something was there that wasn't. It's not as simple as you said you have it and you don't.

During the Paramount years KI constantly showed rides in its commercials that were not at KI but the other Paramount parks. For example they would show Grizzly and Anaconda which are at KD-the latter is an Arrow coaster similar to Vortex only it goes underwater. ( You would always see it coming from out of the water in the ads.)