07-31-07

Tomkatt7

This could be a long post! This was by far, my BEST TRIP EVER to KI!!!

Me, momma and the 2 kids. One is 11, one is 3. The older one just started getting her feet wet on the coasters last year, and was really looking forward to the trip. The youngest was terrified of everything last year, so we expected more of the same.

OK...We arrive. Me and the oldest head for The Racer and Adventure Express for a warm up. The wife and young-un head for Nicktown. After our coaster rides we head over to find them. It was real quick, they were sending the cars out half full on both rides, and there was no line at all.

From about 100 yard away, I see my wife fighting with the youngest, with the kid screaming like a Banshee!!! I thought "Oh Lord, here we go again" But when I got there, I realized that she had a death grip on Blues Skidoo, and didn't want to get off!!!! What a riot!!!! So we coach her on waiting her turn and that went OK for the rest of the day. The park was perfect. No litter, no crowd, no problem. the only thing there was an abundance of was HEAT!!! LOL

The longest line we waited in all day was about 15 minutes for Flight of Fear. No Line for The Beast...I mean NO LINE...Walk right up, get on and ride!!!!! It was like that ALL DAY. EVERY RIDE.

If I have to complain about anything, it would be the refreshment prices. No carry in's permitted, but you can buy this bottle of Coke for 3.50!!!! I understand turning a profit, but that just seems greedy to me. Yeah, it was hot, and yeah we had to pay it. But KI didn't make any more money off of us. It just meant that we couldn't play the games, or go on any of the extra fee rides. All they did by jacking up prices was limit us on how much fun we could have.

All told though, that wasn't enough of an issue to ruin our time, but next year, we'll bring a cooler, make a bunch of trips to the car, and still won't play the games just because I feel ****y about it!!!! LOL

By the end of the day, my beginer roller coaster rider had ridden The Racer (3 times) Adventure Express (2) The Beast (4) Flight of Fear (3) and The Vortex (2)...Opps we rode Top Gun too, but I don't really count that one sense you spend more time walking out to it, than you do actually riding it!!! How many rides could they fit all that empty space? 3? 4?

She is determined to Ride Son of Beast next year, she couldn't bring herself to do it this year.

the youngest had a ball too. 3 years old and she rode the Scrambler, the monster, the big carosel, and we all got our picture taken on the Wild Thornberrys Log Flume (darn elephant)LOL. Plus everything in Nicktown..

I wanted to share a thought, and I hope this doesn't get me yelled at but I feel like I gotta say it.

I LOVE the old woddie coasters. Part of what I love about them is the bumpy ride. As I have leafed through the posts on this site, I read over and over again, people complaining about getting beat up on The Beast, SOB, and The Racer...

The rough bumpy ride is as much a part of the ride as the lap bar is...If you want a smooth fast ride, Stay on I-71 and hit about 90mph!!!! Steel coasters are all about smooth and speedy. Woodies are all about rough and tumble...I hope that they all stay just as rough and nasty as they are right now.

Thanks for reading!!! LOL

LOL

I guess thats why you should proof read!!!!

I wasn't trying to be sour towards the ride, just the LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG path to get back to it.

I did notice some concreate work being done in the area, so maybe they are changing it up. The ride is good, we liked it. It just seems like it is very isolated from everything else.