HUGE Thanks for all involved with 080407

Delirium33

I Just wanted to give out a HUGE THANKS to Dane, Ryan, Josh, Don, and everyone involved with planning today's event. Everything went smoothly, and it was well organized. The lanyards were awesome, and the dinner was way beyond anything that I expected. The walk-backs were incredible, and tonight I had the best Beast ride I have ever had during the ERT. There's nothing like riding The Beast front row at night after the park is closed. The day turned out to be PERFECT. It was the most fun I have had probably all summer. It was awesome being able to meet a lot of you in person. I hope this event can become an annual thing.

Once again, THANKS!!

We were lucky enough to have SOB open while we were in the area. It opened right around 12:35, and we only waited 10 minutes because the ride just opened. For what it's worth: That ride on SOB today (second-last car) was the roughest I've been on since it's re-opening. It was NOT very smooth at all. I think I'll sick to the front, where I know it is smoother.

While I was a little bummed at first that we weren't able to do the SOB walk-back, the scavenger hunt was an awesome back-up plan that just about made up for it.

What train did you ride in? What part of the train you said towards the back. So far for me the roughest ride was today for sure, as I mentioned in other threads, Blue train 2-1 is where I rode today, never again will I ride in 2-1. If I have another rough ride on the blue train, I will let someone go in front of me so I can ride in the Red Train.

Its so weird because I have had smooth rides in both trains, and both today (my roughest ride in over a year, 5th car 2nd row) and Thursday (My smoothest-ever ride on SOB, front row) were both in the BLUE train. I knew I was in for a trip today when the kid getting off our seat as we were getting on was holding his head and looked like he had a major headache.

I have not rode in the back seats of a car on SOB yet this year. However I have rode in 1-1, 2-1, 4-1 5-1 and 6-1. And so far I have had 2 rides in 2-1 both blue train and they have been the worst, but tonights took the cake as the roughest ride on SOB in 2007.

I always found 2-1 in the old trains to be very painful as well, I have no idea what that is all about.

This was only my 3rd time riding in the blue train.

I always get stuck with the blue train. Today I rode in the back seat. It was a bit rough for me today as well. I think I've only been in the red train once in the 10 or so times I've rode it this year.

I have 2 questions and if they have been answered elsewhere, I apologize for asking again.

1. Are the new trains the G-Trains brought in from SC.

2. What type of element replaced the loop?

I guess I missed this info on the boards. Thanks for the help.

B)

They are G-Trains yes, They are probably the ones from SC but we will probably never know for sure.

In place of the loop is a little S Curve and a hill, and is one of the smoothest parts of the ride.

Which is really funny considering the loop was also the smoothest part of the ride.

I was on the blue train in the second to last car and it was rough as it was with the old trains and the part where the loop was didnt seem much different to the rest of the ride it seemed odd in that spot like the gauge on the track was making the train drag almost. I don't know but it felt really different in that spot... :huh: