Thanks For Helping to Make Our Event Such a Success!

I want to extend a very warm and whole-hearted thank you to everyone who attended our very first event and made it such a success. The staff of KICentral and the fine folks of Kings Island were absolutely BLOWN AWAY by your reaction to the event and your enthusiasm at the event.

I want to especially thank Josh Hackenberg, the marketing coordinator for Kings Island for really spear-heading this event. We owe a lot to this guy. We also must tilt our hats to Mr. Don Helbig for helping us out so much and Scott Hayward for his roll in the entertainment aspect of the day.

I expect trip reports, people!!!

We'll have some media from the event up soon. Again, thank you!!

Regards,

Ryan

• Like 1

No, thanks to all of you for putting on this great event. Even without the SOB tour The Beast ERT and walk back as well as FOF made staying up for um lets see...40+ hours and driving from Detroit leaving at 5 a.m. so worth it. Thanks again!

• Like 1

It was a great day. I to want to thank Josh, Ryan and Dane for making this event possable. I know we all had to brave the heat but I hope every one had fun. I also had the chance to meet some new faces. Again Thank you Josh for making this day really fun. I hope we have another great event like this again.

Adam ;)

It was Killer!

Highlights for me for the day were, FOF tour, Beast tour, the dinner, the ERT on The Beast with 2 run thru's. Also, I made a few new friends out of this, which was killer and the funniest moment was when we were waiting in line for SOB. Me and everyone else in line watched these 2 teenaged girls line jump everyone only to get to the front, get ratted out by everyone and then thrown off the ride while everyone clapped and all the 2 girls could do was give everyone the finger! I wish I had my video camera!

Yes, a huge thank you is in order for Ryan and Dane for planning the event in conjunction with Josh and Don at Kings Island. And as Ryan said, this event, as well as this site, would not be possible without you, the Kings Island fans! It is your patronage to the park and your love of the park that you visit this site and why you attended the event.

I know I certainly had fun at the event! And I even had to leave early to attend to family matters, missing the two final portions of the agenda! Hopefully, this can become an annual event, as this one sure seemed to be a big success!

Let me just add my thanks to all involved, especially Ryan, Dane, Josh, and Don, Mr. Racer 12000 himself. This was an incredible day. It was so cool to go where no one else can go and get all the looks from people with that "who are those people" look. I loved having first ride on Firehawk and last ride on The Beast, even if it meant I didn't get home until 1:30 after getting up at 5:30. Upon seeing the King Cobra cars in the FOF dome, I just wonder how anyone ever thought those things were safe to ride on. There was so little to them. Thanks again. I had a blast. As I told Josh when leaving the park, "We must do this again sometime."

For some people wanting to put a face to a screen name, just remember one thing...

5 pounds of cement and 2 ping pong balls.

Ok touchdown that one made no sense to me!!

Put a face to a name here - remember the big woman in a Kings Island power skooter and you got ME. I am the one with a 9 year old that asked a lot of questions to the people at the Summer on Ice show lol. Yeaaaaa that one. No fear with that child!!!

Ohh quickly - loved the questions asked!! It was sooo nice getting to know the Summer on Ice people - that show is awesome and I knew Mike had to be of olympic quality, he is awesome to watch. The four main stars are all great but Greg and Mike tend to really stand out.

First off - thanks to Dane, Josh, Don, and Ryan - you could not have done a better job!!! Everyone I spoke with enjoyed themselves!! We were kept busy all day with fun activities and interesting facts for Kings Island addicts! Yea face it we are addicted to the park!!

The scavenger hunt was my favorite!! I was able to give Josh a hard time over some of his sneaky tricks!! Come on taking a picture of a picture of a tire??? Good one!!! It was a lot of fun comparing notes - even thought I don't think we were suppose to but hey - comparing notes helped me to meet more KICentral folks!! Thanks to my new buddies!!! Hey look me up and please message me!! We must meet up for fear fest too!!

Honestly I had just a fantastic time all day long!! Had not planned on staying all day as, like others, did not get a lot of sleep. My daughter decides to pick the day before to have me at the emergency room with her from 7:30pm - 2am - rush home - tried to sleep from 3am - 6am - then spent the entire day at Kings Island? Ok it is 3:13am and I am still awake!!! Busting with wanting to tell everyone that did not go what you missed out on!!!! It was a totally awesome day!! One of my very best this year!! In 35 years of going to Kings Island it ranks up there in the top 10 trust me!!!

Yes daughter is fine - long story short - tummy pains - nothing wrong - pain shot - go home. For those of you with children - she is 21 years old need I say more??? he he JOKING!!!!! GEESE ha ha

Meeting some of the Survivor Series folks was a major plus!!! Nero, PKIVortex were among some of my favorites to finally get to meet!!! Wish I could have met Avatar, Railroader and a few others!!! We had such a great time during the season it would have been great meeting the people I spent so much time in private chat with!!!

Special thank you to Hauntguy!! It was awesome seeing you without the fear fest make up finally!!!

To those that I met for the first time, those I have talked to for a long time and finally met face to face and those that I get to see often and not so often - I hope we get to meet up soon and please please keep in touch!!! I have facebook and myspace plus you can message me on this site too.

Again thanks soooo much to those that worked so very hard on this event!!! You can tell they put a lot of time and effort into this event because it went so smoothly and from everyone I spoke with - NO COMPLAINTS!!! Let's do this again!!!!

Oh and what heat??? It was hot??? Wow had so much fun don't think I stopped long enough to realize the temperature!! See what happens when you are having a great time??

Well hats off to everyone involved in one of the most amazing Kings Island experiences I have ever had. I think the whole event was very well organized. I met alot of nice people and I hope I will get to see you at the park again in the future. So to Ryan, Dane, Josh and Don, two thumbs up and a clear. :)

Awesome day...no question about it.

Killer Scavenger Hunt...I think Tyler and myself had more fun looking for all that stuff than we would have spending the whole day riding rides!

Many thanks to Dane, Ryan, Josh and Don. I can't imagine how much work was put into this to make it as great as it was, but it was definitely worth it! It was also nice to attach a name with a face here and there. One of the better things about the day was seeing people look at our VIP tags...one of the girls that was working the stand that is selling those cheap trips couldn't get over us...ha!

Again, a great day; possibly the best I've ever had at the park. Thanks again!

Guest kwindshawne

I will have to say this was probably the best day I have had at the park in my 41 years. Met a lot of nice people and reconnected with old friends. Thanks a bunch for a great day guys, we gotta do it again.....I am exhausted!!!

I give a round of applause to everyone that made this event possible. But like RZ said, Thanks to all the fans of KI and the users that visit the site everyday. Without you this would never have been.

The event was a great success and I had a blast. I am happy to have met so many from the site and make new friends.

We too had a blast. My husband (trans_am_1981) and I had a lot of fun. The heat was terrible, and had it been about 20 degrees cooler, we'd prob had more fun. My brother in law & sister in law left early, right after the show, so they really missed out what I thought was the highlight- The Beast tour.

We left after the media presentations because we were completely exhausted, so much so I stopped to get gasoline, and got home before my hubby even knew, he doesn't remember coming in the house last night (he was asleep before I got out of the parking lot, I think. Not to mention we were at KI on Friday, and in the hospital -I had a migraine- and slept in a strange bed at the Kirkwood Inn).

I loved not waiting forever to ride Firehawk.

Oh, and did someone get a pic of that "Inappropriate gesture" on the last train from The Beast tour? I'd love to have a copy if someone got one! (Still laughing about that!)

And thanks you guys! Can't wait to do it again!!!

deb

I had a blast. ;) I like that we were kept busy. Good to see faces with the names. Thank you Josh for introducing yourself to us. I see you in the park alot, but never have talked to you. Again thank you Don Josh and Dane. Keep up the good work. Hope we can do it again.

Guest kwindshawne
We too had a blast. My husband (trans_am_1981) and I had a lot of fun. The heat was terrible, and had it been about 20 degrees cooler, we'd prob had more fun. My brother in law & sister in law left early, right after the show, so they really missed out what I thought was the highlight- The Beast tour.

We left after the media presentations because we were completely exhausted, so much so I stopped to get gasoline, and got home before my hubby even knew, he doesn't remember coming in the house last night (he was asleep before I got out of the parking lot, I think. Not to mention we were at KI on Friday, and in the hospital -I had a migraine- and slept in a strange bed at the Kirkwood Inn).

I loved not waiting forever to ride Firehawk.

Oh, and did someone get a pic of that "Inappropriate gesture" on the last train from The Beast tour? I'd love to have a copy if someone got one! (Still laughing about that!)

And thanks you guys! Can't wait to do it again!!!

deb

Inappropriate gesture? You mean the single finger salute? I must have missed that ;)