A Look Inside The Chippery

I'm here to tell you about a true American tale. It's a story about two brothers named Bret and Zach who decided to follow a dream and open up their own shop.

Almost all of us are aware of the Chippery (if you aren't, SHAME) but PKICentral.com is proud to bring you INSIDE the Chippery! How did it start? How does it work? How much does it cost? What flavors are available?

I personally went one on one with Bret Robins, the owner of the Chippery, to find out how it works, how it started, and most importantly, what's so special about the Chippery??

Click here to read my exclusive interview with Bret.

Regards,

Ryan

I would like to thank Bret for his time spend with me while I compiled the necessary pics and information for this editorial. Bret's desire to served delicious food to informed customers is very noble.

I wish them the best of luck, and hope that the business takes off for them.

However, when I was at the park this week I stopped by to give the place a try. I was flabbergasted that a very small package of chips cost near $3.00 and the larger size $6.00!!! I chose to get fries instead, for less.

I am all for new experiences, and success for the small independant business man. But don't those prices seem a little ridiculous?

Shaggy

I wish them the best of luck, and hope that the business takes off for them.

However, when I was at the park this week I stopped by to give the place a try. I was flabbergasted that a very small package of chips cost near $3.00 and the larger size $6.00!!! I chose to get fries instead, for less.

I am all for new experiences, and success for the small independant business man. But don't those prices seem a little ridiculous?

Shaggy

Well it costs a little more to make a better quality product. Also, were talking about prices inside an amusement park so expect them to be high.

I say give it a shot. He's willing to give some samples, so there could be a flavor that tickles your fancy. Personally, I'm a big fan of the sea salt and the white cheddar.

If you like the chips, go ahead and spring the money for the dips too because they are amazing. The chili dip is the best. Goes great with BBQ chips.

Shaggy, I do have empathy with your thinking that the food seems overpriced. Personally, I think most of the food at the park is ridiculous, and the Chippery is simply no exception. At the same time, when you got your fries, you had no idea about their past. You know... the fact that frozen fries came out of a bag that was within a cardboard box, then cooked in extremely unhealthy oil.. You never know how old those fries are. We're just used to the lack of quality, I suppose.

The chips at the Chippery are made all day, every day. In the two hours I spend in the Chippery while working on this, I can personally testify that chips were constantly coming out of the oven, constantly being seasoned, constantly being bagged, and constantly being displayed and sold. My guess is that you wouldn't get a bag of chips that's more than a half hour old (just an estimate).

Also I should mention that the flavors of chips that we mentioned in the article as being available and what is displayed on his menu is inconsistent. All of the flavors are available upon request, they're just not displayed.

I must admit, I try not to eat in the park. The food is great but it just cost to much. For example, I just bought a ICEE that is BIGGER than the ones at PKI and it only cost me $1.07! At the park they are $3.17 for a smaller size cup.

• 2 weeks later...

I Do like the interview, you did a great job Ryan, and the Cippery's chips are amaizing, including the Maple Sugar...(man those are really good :)), to any one that visits this site and hears about the Chippery, i suggest having some of the chips.... B)