KICentral Event Survey

BoddaH1994

I want to thank everyone involved in making this happen. My mother and I had a great time, meeting everyone we did. We also really enjoyed The Beast tour the most. And I personally liked watching the promotional videos. And your right the state that Americana is in is very depressing, I remember going there as a kid and really enjoying myself. Thanks again. I hope to meet up with people that I've met in the future at the park. Oh and I took loads of pictures that I'll try and get online as soon as possible.

As for suggestions, the only one I would have would be to maybe have a Q and A history lesson of the park. Kind of like the promotional videos thing. I know most know the history but I still find it cool to see all those old items from when I was a kid and some before I was even thought of.

You're the first person to mention the Americana video. What did you guys think of it?

That too was really cool. I had never been there, nor heard of it.. but once I heard LeSourdsville Lake, I remember hearing it somewhere. Casey remembered it, as he had been there as a child, and his mom has pics of him sitting on the frog we saw in the pics. That place is in decent enough shape to open it up with a bit of rehab on the screechin' eagle.

deb

Guest kwindshawne
I want to thank everyone involved in making this happen. My mother and I had a great time, meeting everyone we did. We also really enjoyed The Beast tour the most. And I personally liked watching the promotional videos. And your right the state that Americana is in is very depressing, I remember going there as a kid and really enjoying myself. Thanks again. I hope to meet up with people that I've met in the future at the park. Oh and I took loads of pictures that I'll try and get online as soon as possible.

As for suggestions, the only one I would have would be to maybe have a Q and A history lesson of the park. Kind of like the promotional videos thing. I know most know the history but I still find it cool to see all those old items from when I was a kid and some before I was even thought of.

You're the first person to mention the Americana video. What did you guys think of it?

I liked it. Actually, I expected americana to be in worse shape than it actually was; I was surprised. It is still a drag to see it that way, but such is life.

Hey guys, (and gals)

After having yesterday off to recoup from a very busy weekend I wanted to post some suggestions about future KICentral.com events. First of all let me say that if I had not known it was your first event of this kind I would have never known it. You all did a really fine job and we had a blast.

I suppose if I could have changed anything it would have been the weather (the heat). I know we can't do a thing about that except maybe try to plan the event ealier or even later in the season. Which got me to thinking.... It would be great to do something like this when Fear Fest is going on. Maybe get some behind the scenes tours of the haunts...?

It would have been cool to have first ride on FOF with LIGHTS ON. I think that would rock.

I enjoyed the meet and greet with the cast of ESOI, but for me, being in the entertainment/stage industry I would have loved a back stage tour to see the operations of an ice show.

What kind of behind the scenes tours could you maybe do over at Boomerang Bay? I don't know if that would interest a lot of people but I always enjoy those shows on the Travel Channel about water parks.

A tour of the Railroad maintenance barns might be interesting as well.

Finally it would be really cool if our lanyards would allow us to ride a few rides without waiting in line. With the park as crowded as it was on Saturday we didn't really have time to catch many rides during our down time between scheduled events.

Again, kudos to all of you guys that planned and worked so hard. This was by far one of the funnest days we have had this summer. We will definately come to the next one and will try to bring a few people with us.

See ya around the park,

Mark (SeasonPass4Life)

I had some of the same thoughts with the FoF w/ lights on ride and the lanyard allowing us to go up the entrance or use the speed lane or something (I tried to get the speed lane passes but forgot they were over with at the end of July). I don't think there's much behind the scenes at Boomerang Bay but it would be funny to see some of us on the Pipeline Paradise :P Great time and I'm sure next time will be just as fun or even better.

Well, typically (and it is going to happen again this year) the Southern Ohio Region of ACE holds an event at the park the first weekend FearFest is open. And in past years, we have been given lights on tours of some of the haunts. Also, last year, our lanyards allowed us to get to the front of the line for all of the haunts. Now that was one awesome perk!

Well, typically (and it is going to happen again this year) the Southern Ohio Region of ACE holds an event at the park the first weekend FearFest is open. And in past years, we have been given lights on tours of some of the haunts. Also, last year, our lanyards allowed us to get to the front of the line for all of the haunts. Now that was one awesome perk!

I think that perk will come back as well as other few new surprises.

I dont know how many people remember this one, but back when BB first opened, there was a small challenge between PKIC and the old PKIU on Coolengata. I would like to see something like that come back.

As for backstagein BB, trust me on this one, all thats back there are some pipes, and a few pumps. Thats about it. Oh, and spiders.

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone posted any photos from the event yet? I was at SFKK and Beech Bend on Saturday and did not have a chance to attend. I would love to see how it went.

Also take a look at the Trip Reports section. A lot of people have posted photos in there.

I'm still waiting on contributed photos! If anyone wants to contribute any photos of the event, email me...

I also think that the price for this event was AMAZING. I personally would have paid what we did JUST for the tours...also getting food is a killer deal. I did notice a couple of minor "flaws" also but I think for your first time it went really well. And since you have asked for some suggestions for the future here are a couple of things that I would still like to do at the park...some of them sound lame, but hey, so am I.

*I would also like to take a train maintanence tour. I talked to one of the engineers early this year and some of the things he was mentioning about the trains were interesting, and i'm sure there are lots of other things they could talk about. I would even like to see what the "fort" looks like on the inside. (After riding by it for years I have always been curious how it was built inside.)

*The "graveyard" of old stuff that I see in aerial photos.

*But, my MAIN thing left that I haven't done at the park that I would love to do is at LEAST go on the lower observation deck of the Eiffel Tower. (I remember Jeff Siebert telling me that it is the best view of the park.) AND, if it were possible...but I know that possible lawsuits would probably not allow it, I would kill to actually walk up the whole tower. (Maybe it could be arranged that we all get up to the top, the elevator "stops working" and we HAVE to walk down.) Like I said, it sounds lame, but I would not only like to do it, but I would like to be able to point to the tower and say I have walked either up/down it!)

Once again, thanks to Ryan, Dane, Josh & Don...and whoever else had a hand in putting this year's event together, it is appreciated that the park allows these kind of things.

TYVM!!!!!!!

I found the "inappropriate gesture" pic I was wanting. it's #52 of 4460 if you wanna see it. I am in front of the guy in the yellow shirt, a little to the right with my arm up. I was laughing my head off, but you can't see it in that pic.

deb

*I would also like to take a train maintanence tour. I talked to one of the engineers early this year and some of the things he was mentioning about the trains were interesting, and i'm sure there are lots of other things they could talk about. I would even like to see what the "fort" looks like on the inside. (After riding by it for years I have always been curious how it was built inside.)

That was an idea we threw around but didn't think would generate much interest. Sice you're one of many who have mentioned it, it'll likely be on the list next time.

*The "graveyard" of old stuff that I see in aerial photos.

We tried to get that, but it just didn't work out. Cedar Fair has done quite a bit of cleaning up, and a lot of stuff isn't where it used to be.

*But, my MAIN thing left that I haven't done at the park that I would love to do is at LEAST go on the lower observation deck of the Eiffel Tower. (I remember Jeff Siebert telling me that it is the best view of the park.) AND, if it were possible...but I know that possible lawsuits would probably not allow it, I would kill to actually walk up the whole tower. (Maybe it could be arranged that we all get up to the top, the elevator "stops working" and we HAVE to walk down.) Like I said, it sounds lame, but I would not only like to do it, but I would like to be able to point to the tower and say I have walked either up/down it!)

We'll try next time. If it's doable, we'll do it. However that is another activity that isn't wheelchair accessible.

but I know that possible lawsuits would probably not allow it, I would kill to actually walk up the whole tower

Yeah, people are usually against killing... But it would be pretty sweet to go to the lower observation level. I wonder if they've ever thought about making that area like the Eiffel Tower in Paris (and the one in Vegas) and put a nice sit-down restaurant there.