Drop Zone

gnarkiller

Me and gnarkiller where watching it be held up there for a long time, then they where droped very slowly, then when the where ten feet above the ground they droped. Once they where testing it the brakes almost didn't work and it was closed for an hour. We saw people inspecting the ride.

Once they where testing it the brakes almost didn't work and it was closed for an hour. We saw people inspecting the ride.

lol, brakes almost didn't work :lol: I think magntics work 24/7 lol. Please tell us what else happen? Did hydraulic fuiled go everywhere ;)

(most people should know what im talking about, "hydraulic fuiled story")

No you're both wrong, they just replaced drop zones breaks with fin brakes similar to the coasters...

im sueing them! becuase I can't fit in the seats anymore! What else they gona change?

and we will sue you....

for not knowing how to spell

What do seats have to do with fin brakes?

Lol your takeing my post to serous. I was being sarcastic. gees.

For the record, the thing got stuck on the top on its very own media day. And it was for longer than 20 minutes. I was actually a wee bit perturbed I was NOT on that cycle. But I don't think it had anything to do with the braking. In fact, I know it didn't. So, yes, it can get stuck at the top. But I doubt that braking had anything to do with it.

I know what happened. Quite simple actually:

When the brakes almost failed, there was a depolarization of the upper atmosphere, causing the core of the Earth to change its axial spinning by 15 degrees, therefor reversing the effect of magnets for approx .0005 seconds. During this time, Drop Zone was 10 feet of the ground and dropping.

See? All makes sense.

This doesn't seem that complicated. Drop Towers tend to be less complex than coasters (at least, the non S&S ones). Why so much discussion of the brakes? Isn't it the small carriage that tows the car to the top and lets go?

If it didn't let go like it should have...what other option is there but to tell it to come back down still attached to the car? I'm sure it's complicated with the safety system and all, but wouldn't that be like an e-stop?