Prime land for New Attration

felix

So I was at the park the other day and made my usual trip up in the tower to survey the park form a birds eye view. Like every year, I find plots of land that a new attraction could fit in and I get to thinking. The 3 area's that struck me this year are....

(1) Removing Days of Thunder and making use of it's land and all that is left over from King Kobra behind it. I Think either a flat or a compact coaster would be perfect there.

(2) The old Paramount movie park plot of land, which is a nice size area. I Think they could leave a lot of the tree's around the perimeter and put a sky hawk or fly swatter in there.

(3) Coney Mall where the stupid bungie jump attraction is. I think it would be a great idea if they cleared the area from the bungie to the old laser tag building and put a giant ferris wheel or brought back the eagles on that plot of land! Another idea that would definately bring people to that back corner, would be to remove the fx theatre and make that a station area for a big Millenium force type ride that would go out and back by Firehawk. Only problem being is that area is occupied by all the storage buildings and the fire works launch pad.

What are your thoughts?

I agree with all 3. But, I have thought the Paramount story area could benefit from a small walk-up food stand. I think it would give people a reason to go in there, and its a great place to relax. Whenever I walk through there, there's never a soul in there. I think it would have made a great place for the Starbucks. Nice relaxing place to drink a coffee.

Another idea that would definately bring people to that back corner, would be to remove the fx theatre and make that a station area for a big Millenium force type ride that would go out and back by Firehawk. Only problem being is that area is occupied by all the storage buildings and the fire works launch pad.

I don't know where a fireworks launch pad is back there but here is a link that you can go look at the area you are talking about. There is no Firehwk in this map but you can get a general idea. I am okay with a loading station behind the theatre so long as they leave a good distance away from The Beast and allow it to have its woodsy feel. They can have the new Roller coaster go out and back behind The Racer. It can work itself around the buildings back there and it can be done. Want proof look at some of the layouts for Cedar Points steel coasters namely MF.

Link: http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&amp..._Kings%20Island

Why wouldn't they remove Days of Thunder? It's a waste of valuable space!

because people still pay to ride it which means more money for a company swimming in debt.

they took out the helicopters and that made money

Im having a Yogi Berra moment right now:

Just because they made money doesnt mean they actually made any money!

I always thought that Kings Island didn't actually own the rides that you have to pay extra to ride. I was under the impression that an outside company put those rides into parks and they got most of the revenue for their use, but they paid KI for the land. I could be wrong though.