2005 Announcement Teaser/Invite

Dane

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wounder why Dane got a folder??? What is in the folder Dane? :cowboy:

My court appointed lawyers name and address, a list of all the fines I owe, and directions to the courthouse.

And yes its from the park CoastersRZ.

I wonder if the vehicle make ("BM"W) is any clue into the actual make of the ride, or if it is just Jeff Siebert up to his usual tactics of getting people to talk about the park. It will be interesting to see what ride is being built for next season after the press release next Thursday. More specifically, it will be interesting to see who the manufacturer of the ride is.

Also, this might tie in with an Italian Job theme. Why? Well I believe that Italian Job is a movie that deals with cars. Also, when I visited the Italian Job website, the colors of the website were white, black and yellow. The yellow is almost the exact color used on that invitation to the press release.

If it is a ride designed by Premier, I hope it has a somewhat higher capacity than what FoF has. Nothing wrong with a Premier. I just hope that it doen`t have only four or six to a car becuase that would result in low capacity and long lines. I can`t wait to hear the exact details onw week from today.

Some things I noticed by this ticket Dane Recieved:

1. Traffic Violation: only thing I can think of with this part and by the colors on the ticket are Italian Job....if anyone disagrees, please post here.

2. "Premier Press Confrence".....maybe this is showing our manufacturer? Premier Rides? maybe its a press confrence WITH Premier...dunno, just a thought...lol

3. "Vehicle make: BMW Color: Red" Anyone who is a car fanatic knows that Mini-Coopers are manufactured by Bavarian Motor Works (a.k.a BMW). Where else have Mini coopers been seen in high profile scenes? Goes back to #1....Italian Job.

This is just me reading what Dane got and making my own assumptions.

Hope this enlightens you and if you see anything else that I dont...please post.

m@ilman

I think Premier will be the builder. ie "Premier Press Conference."

Secondly, the Revenge of the Mummy has perfect cars. Four rows of four across seating. This could, and will be the train types.

By the way, mailman, I totally agree with all three of your points.

Yes I saw pictures of the Revenge of Mummy cars. I definantly think this ride could be a good success. Capacity still might be an issue with only 16 people per train. However, if they have a dual loading platform like the one down in Florida, it could ease the capacity issue. At any rate, 16 people per train is a lot higher than the 4 people per train on a wild mouse. The only other gripe I would have is I hope it would be longer than the Revenge of the Mummy. Those rides are only 2200 feet long. I`m excited to hear from PKI themselves what they have in store for next year. I think that this could be a really popular ride.

Sounds like it will be a lot like the Mummy rides, which everyone pointed out, I don't like the whole idea of stopping, seeing some special effects, and then launching again. We still may be wrong though, even though the ticket does drop a lot of hints. I will still he happy though, this ride should rock!

Wow, thats pretty cool.

Why were my questions edited out? Its not like these are questions that can't be answered. For christ sakes this isn't the CIA. Well, ha, with some of you people you would think it was.

Edit: Notice the road paythment that serves as the background. I dunno if that serves a purpose or anyone else saw that. It took me a few loooks. lol.

Rumors have be circulating for months about the new ride being The Mummy-esque. I've never ridden it myself, but I've heard it's amazing. Also, rumor has it that whatever we are going to get is going to be a "people eater" so capacity should be good for the ride.

I rode a wild mouse at Kennywood that sat 4 per train. They would stack about 3 at a time and be able to pump through people at a reasonable rate. Of course, it's a smaller park with a smaller scale, but I think if they can be reasonable with 16 or so per car, it can be pretty good. Plus, they also can be innovative and load on both sides or whatever.

Also, since we are making the assumption of this being something like Return of the Mummy, can someone please elaborate on the ride? I know the themeing is great, but what about the elements of the ride? Can someone give details?

Edit: Ok, I went on RCDB and found out some details about Mummy. 4:00 ride time... not bad, 3 LIM launches.. definitely cool... $40,000,000 to build?? Can Paramount spring that kind of money to make a ride as amazing as that? We'll just have to see. That's double the cost of TTD, to put it in perspective.

Of course, it could be nothing like Mummy for all we know.

Hmm, Italian Job, subways, staircases, some road signs, not too costly theming and special effects wise, compare that to The Mummy's groundbreaking effects and Tomb Raider esque detailed theming, which costs quite alot. Just due to the themes the rides would have totally different costs. I believe 2005 will be a costly year for the park, but this attraction will probably be one of the best in a long while, and I'm all for the park building more Universal and Disney esque rides. Could someone elaborate on the dual loading station on Florida's Mummy?

Also, there are more rides in PKI then there are at Universal, and probably less people inside the park on any given day, so I doubt that the ride would have insane lines just due to the fact that there are so many rides and areas to cycle people through. And even though the ride only seats 16 per train, that doesn't mean capacity will be bad, look at the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland, it seats 12 per car, but still keeps the lines constantly moving because of smart queue design, dual stations, and Disney's seatbelt check stations(right before the ride actually begins the car pulls forward through the station to a seatbelt check area, similarly, PKI could have dual stations, and also have a sort of waiting area just outside the load station, or they could just have one station, and load 2 cars simultaneously, and send them both out of the station, the first one goes into the ride, the second stops in a waiting area, while 2 cars pull up into the load station).

well.... looks like no beemer for us again :angry:

o well... i guess i'll get over it.

M@ilman, i was going to make the same coment bout the mini's being made by BMW, but you beat me to it. as for the "premeir", it deffiently looksl ike we will be getting a Premeir coaster themed to the Itailan Job. Not sure i like the themeing too much, but theres not much i can do about it... lol still should be a great ride, and from what i've heard, the mummy is an amazing ride so if its anything like that i can just picture it now. Sudden stops because of cars or armored trucks flying at you, throwing it in reverse to avoid obsticles and awesome burnouts / spinouts the entire time... kinda sounds excting!

i hope we have the right idea here, but i'm convicned