2005 Announcement Teaser/Invite

Dane

The duel loading on Mummy isn't the best idea, but it works out ok. Early in the day, all que traffic splits when you get to the station (Very effective here). But later in the day when people get express passes, it doesn't work as well. All Express people go to one station while the normal que goes to the other. The bottom line is if the crowd isn't huge everything goes well, but when thinks back up, all hell breaks loose.

Also, I must say that upon entering Universal, I didn't think the Mummy was going to be that good, but after riding it, I realized that the ride is unbelievable! I would be so pumped if PKI got a Mummy esque type ride.

One last comment about the Mummy is that the ride starts out just going though a tomb, rather slowly. This is where the "groundbreaking" mummy effects take place and the backwards part takes place here. Then you are launched uphill and into the coaster part of the ride. When all the effects come together it is awesome!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this concept of a car. The body of the car swings freely of the chasse. You could really use that to simulate whipped turns and stuff. What do you think?

That is a really cool concept, but I don't think we'll see it used for PKI's 2005 attraction. I'd really love to see them use it for something else though, that's a really cool design. Has anyone seen the pics of the Robocoaster that's actually mounted onto a track? That'd make for a killer dark ride.

The duel loading on Mummy isn't the best idea, but it works out ok. Early in the day, all que traffic splits when you get to the station (Very effective here). But later in the day when people get express passes, it doesn't work as well. All Express people go to one station while the normal que goes to the other. The bottom line is if the crowd isn't huge everything goes well, but when thinks back up, all hell breaks loose.

Yeah, that reminds me of Tower of Terror(Disneyworld)having 2 seperate preshows and stations, and even though each station has 2 elevators, since one station gets used exclusively for fastpass, it kills capacity. I really don't know if DCA's version uses one side exclusively for Fastpass, since I rode it pretty early in the day.

Also, I must say that upon entering Universal, I didn't think the Mummy was going to be that good, but after riding it, I realized that the ride is unbelievable! I would be so pumped if PKI got a Mummy esque type ride.

Kings Island will never be a Disney or Universal park so don't get to pumped. I just don't see them spending that much money on a ride that will be open for half a year or less. Plus the new ride will be out of place in coney mall. I just hope they keep the clock some where around the tower. I saw what Carwonds did with their flower clock and I was not so happy. Some times I think Paramount Parks forgets that the parks had a theme at one time and they just rip the park a part. Kings Island was a theme park in 1972 till 1992 things changed. Sometimes I wish the people running the park would look at the old pictures and maps and themes and see what they lost.

I liked KI better when Hanna-Barbera was one of the reasons you would visit the park now you can't even get a hug from Yogi or Fred Flintstone. :(

Yeah your right PKI will never be a Universal or Disney but PKI is close thats one the reasons why I love the park.Nicktoons arent that great I know many kids in my area that can't stand to watch nick anymore because of a new show called splat a lotta kids watch CartoonNetwork or Disney Channel.

But I highly doubt PKI would theme an area of the park to one of there movies like IOA has done with Jurassic Park,Marvel Comics etc.

Whatever we get I will be happy with it I may not like it at first but hey Iam easy to please as long at it is well themed.

I wish PKI would at least let The Flintstones and Jetsons Characters come back because I noticed a lot of kids know who they are because of the recent surge in DVD releases and New Cartoons on the Cartoon Network Fridays featuring those characters.I love Scooby Doo he is awsome I like him more than Spongebob&The Fairly Oddparents I just hate seeing him all alone with no other HB Characters in the park besides Shaggy&Velma.

The Mummy down in Flordia is wicked ride the effects are so freakin cool.If PKI got a ride like that I would visit almost everyweek!

well thats what I think take care everyone :)

But I highly doubt PKI would theme an area of the park to one of there movies like IOA has done with Jurassic Park,Marvel Comics etc.

What do you think the Action Zone area of the park is? I think it's funny how 90% of the people don't get what PKI is about, but I think they are working on changing that.

Action Zone is themed to all there action movies. I ment one movie like Tomb Raider for example.

Oh, did you guys notice on the left, the 2 white road stripes too? kinda Italian job-ish...

btw, you guys are going to go nuts at this press conference when you find out what all is going to be included in the new attraction next year

seriously, if you are disappointed(which you wont..), Ill buy you a Coca-Cola...

I unfortunately will be out of town, but enjoy it...I Highly, HIGHLY recommend everyone comes.

m@ilman

seriously, if you are disappointed(which you wont..), Ill buy you a Coca-Cola...

Well that depends, are we talking a LARGE Coke? or a Coke the size of a free water? If were talking a large Coke, then I would be willing to pretend I am disappointed just for the free cola. But if it is in the free water sized cup, then it wouldnt be worth it!

:)

Ever Onward,

Bill

Well I have already called the day off. So I'll be up enjoying the last Thrill Seeker Thursday in Action Zone for this year.

Delirium, Son of Beast, Face/Off, and Drop Zone all with no waits, no lines.

ok so we all know it's this italian job thing.. that's a nobrainer.. bu what all will be in store for this ride? premier is big on launching stuff so that'll be fun!!!, though they have to make it suitable for these mini-coopers.. unless they just paint the train to look like one.. we'll see :rolleyes:

Premier made trains that look like mine cars so why couldn't they make coaster trains in the shape of mini coopers? :huh:

Premier made trains that look like mine cars so why couldn't they make coaster trains in the shape of mini coopers? :huh:

I am sure they can. But the also built Son of Beast with very bad cars so as long as I don't get hurt putting the bar down I will be happy.

I see that PCW and PKI will both tell what their new rides will be on the 12th. I think PCw is a flat or floorless coaster. So the old cars are coming out of their spot at the end of this year. Does anyone know if Kings Island will save the flower clock or get rid of it like PC did when they added Borg? I see that Kings Island at one time had alot of flower areas theme in different spots of the park.

Has anyone noticed that the floral clock isnt as "florial" this year?

Why hasnt anyone brought that up yet? And you know who you are!! ;)

I see that the Floral Clock at one time was in The Happy Land Of Hanna-Barbera across from Lost Parents. Does anyone know what happened to the Fed Flintstone Floral Face that was next to that animation station? I am looking at a map from 1981 and 1974.

But the also built Son of Beast with very bad cars so as long as I don't get hurt putting the bar down I will be happy.

Not to bash, but that was the stupidest thing anyone could say.

Son of Beast is the fifth longest coaster in the world, and the 11th fastest of both steel and wooden coasters. The trains travel just a hair over 78 miles an hour. That's 13 mi/hr faster than the legal highway limit in Ohio. It's a wooden coaster.

My bet that the reason PKI went to Premier to design the trains is because RCCA couldn't design/build anykind of rolling stock that could hold up to the extreme turbulence and forces of the ride.

Just think how great of a coaster Son of Beast would be if it was steel instead of wood. The queue would be backed up into Oktoberfest.

Post totally off topic, but I'm sorry...the quoted one was just too extreme for me to pass comment on.