Possible another B&M stand up in the near future?

Changmanky

Today while i was at SFKK-a couple of my buddies that are employees, said that early in the morning, a group of people were viewing the land around Chang. A couple of guys they remember to be B&M techs and the others they didnt know before. at lunchtime, one of their supervisors said that some reps from another park-in this region???, dont know which yet-so hold your horses people!, were thinking about buying a coaster from B&M in the same style as Chang or Riddlers Revenge. I know there are only two of these types of stand ups with the hill height and lenght in USA- with one being on the West coast in Valencia, CA and the other one in Louisville,KY. Now maybe another Six Flags is thinking about getting a stand-up at their park but their super seemed to believe that it may be some other park on the East coast possibly Kings Dominion. now how reliable that info is i dont know, but i will definitely get the answer.

from what i gathered, Sixflags is kinda leary about Hard rock park in Mrytle beach. Why i dont know. hell there are only going to be about five big rides anyway to intice you to go there. and dont get me wrong Led Zeppelin looks as is it will be a hell of a ride but there are others that juct out into water-so you tell me will it be that good???

Now my home park-SFKK has some good rides but it will never equal KI in any form. I dont care what it does. King Cobra to me when i was growing up had to be the best ride KI had. yeah hold on Vortex and Beast were great, but to stand up.....awwww nothing like it.and when it was taken out, i cried. then my park got Chang....thank god almighty! my prayers were answered. Now if KI got one, that would be awesome and hopefully some of you on here have rode Chang and im here to tell you it would be good to have one there.

Tell me again how Mantis and Iron Wolf's "style" is so much different from Chang's and Riddler's Revenge? And how will this new "style" vary so much from what is already out there?

Kings Dominion still has Skyrider, so you can knock that out of the water, also Mantis at CP is very similar to Chang in height and length, Chang has one more inversion. Riddlers Revenge however is very different from both. I would say that KI is probably not getting another stand-up, they just aren't comfortable and have poor capacity. If they want to bring a floorless with a similar layout, I'm all for it.

Iron wolf and Mantis, yes are similar-but as i said have different styles that are uqiue to them. Iron wolf is compact- not spread out. Mantis you can walk under. now all are good rides-to tell you the truth it wouldnt matter which type they get even though they are are similar.Chang yes has one more inversion but Mantis has a taller inclined loop i believe. But im sure that B&M will find something different to bring to the table if they decide to build another one making it the best all around.

your right. we may never see another stand up B&M---now and inverted B&M--possibly floorless with the same track design. Maybe. Id like to see a floorless at KI, but if they are going to do just that--GO BIG. dont pansy out and make it simple. Make it something nobody else has or has ever thought of before.

So a path under a ride, a height variation, and the addition of one inversion makes it a unique style? I'm going to have to go ahead and say no. Riddler's Revenge is very unique in that it's simply the best stand-up out there. And while I do love stand-up coasters, I agree with everyone else. They're a thing of the past. Parks that already have them will keep them, but other parks don't want to invest in them because of their low capacity. Mantis only runs 2 trains, and they stack every single circuit because of the restraint check-time. And I think B&M is looking into new ideas, not refining old ones, for their new developments.

Ive always been a firm believer in three things--One: dont take out or tear down a ride and then scrap it and never have anybody see it again--if its worth selling to another park then do it. There have been many rides that would have benefited going somewhere else instead of the dump.

Two: Never get the same "exact" ride another park has. make it your own--if you do get one make it different than anybody else's. naming it something else doesnt work. Yeah people may love that a ride they see another park is coming to their park.but if you add or do something different to it to make it better, that will excite people to come see it "bette".

three: If you do buy a brand new ride that nobody has ever seen or rode. make sure it something that is worth it. yeah putting a ride in Rivertown is cool.but make it so darn awesome that people will want to go there first. have people leave the parki telling their friends how awesome it is so they will come back.

your right Dvo-i think Riddlers Revenge is the best because it was the last one biult of that design. they made it better in hence is the reason its the best around. i like the way they put eveything to everything-the lift hill going through the first loop, the riddler theme, more curved. Yeah im jealous that chang isnt like it, but since i live here near the east coast than about 2300 miles way, ill take my coaster with a grain of salt and love it.

Ive always been a firm believer in three things--One: dont take out or tear down a ride and then scrap it and never have anybody see it again--if its worth selling to another park then do it. There have been many rides that would have benefited going somewhere else instead of the dump.

What are you referring to?

Sure you can build rides that are alike. There is nothing wrong with that. Just be sure that there is a great distance between them. (i.e. FoF at KI and KD, TTD at CP and KK at SFGA)

I agree with both of you^. I think its alright to have duplicates, like Firehawk and batwing. But things like Batman: the ride and all of the Hang and Bangs [sLC Compact Inverted ie t2, kong, mind eraser] it seems as though Six Flags hit up those companys for a buy 1 get 5 free deal.

PS:

This is B&M's ride of the future:

iaapa54ov1.jpg

EDIT: Its Vekoma and Amec Dynamic Structures' new ride of the future

I agree with both of you^. I think its alright to have duplicates, like Firehawk and batwing. But things like Batman: the ride and all of the Hang and Bangs [sLC Compact Inverted ie t2, kong, mind eraser] it seems as though Six Flags hit up those companys for a buy 1 get 5 free deal.

PS:

This is B&M's ride of the future:

iaapa54ov1.jpg

What is this?

I'm guessing that pic is implying two trains on one track? That's what I take from the 4 different rails. Though this is a strange concept. The train setup would be strange too. I could see having one train a basic upright and the other be an inverted train (one on top, one on bottom) or else have one train on each side of the track similar to X.

For those of you who never rode King Cobra, you aren't missing much. It was painful, short, had tons of downtime, and just plain uneventful.

For those of you who rode it and want it back... well, the evil that men do lives on after them while the good oft interred with their bones.

I'm guessing that pic is implying two trains on one track? That's what I take from the 4 different rails. Though this is a strange concept. The train setup would be strange too. I could see having one train a basic upright and the other be an inverted train (one on top, one on bottom) or else have one train on each side of the track similar to X.

I thought that it implied that there would be two trains on the same track, but wasn't sure... thanks for the insight.

I thought that it implied that there would be two trains on the same track, but wasn't sure... thanks for the insight.

He doesnt know that for sure. Actually that is not what that is for at all. I have an article around here somewhere about it but I have no idea what I did with it. Personally I cannot imagine how you can invision two trains on that one piece of track.

Found it!

It's for Vekoma and Amec Dynamic Structures': ROBOCOASTER

iaapa53.jpg

This is the prototype however the twisted track is what it is meant to go on.

amec05g.jpg

amec04g.jpg

iaapa54ov1.jpg

amec02g.jpg

Article:

Another show highlight was the RobCocoaster track system by Amec Dynamic Structures: This concept combines the RoboCoaster by the German company KUKA known from Legoland Germany and Denmark with a track-based, powered roller coaster featuring a 3D track. The seat unit was delivered by Vekoma Rides Manufacturing. The implementation of this high tech development is a demanding task for the Canadian professionals at Amec, a company with the know how of more than 45.000 employees and countless successful projects in dynamically stressed steel construction. In the last years Amec was involved as a third party in numerous roller coasters as well as theme park projects for Universal or the Walt Disney Company.

The RoboCoaster track system is an advanced roller coaster track for robotic ride vehicles. The ride vehicles consist of a 4-axis robotic ride platform mounted on a unique ride vehicle chassis. The RoboCoaster makes use of the latest "state of the art" robotics control technology, and generates smooth and seamless motion profiles, including complete rolls and overhead loops across the whole range of motion. It is capable of 2g's, yet is smooth at very low speeds, with a repeatability of 0.2mm. Using motion path planning currently available from one of the world's largest robot manufacturers, the motion of the robot joints and vehicle may be combined to give an infinite variety of passenger motion profiles.

Amec has the capability to supply a complete range of competitive RoboCoaster track solutions in the medium and high capacity amusement ride sectors. The RoboCoaster track system is primarily for use in an enclosed environment to make the most of its high impact visual presence and interactive capabilities. It is also well suited for use as an open air ride designed to fit with any park, to suit all geographical, environmental and layout requirements. The track system may be floor mounted or overhead mounted, depending on the budget and creative intent of the attraction.

The next level of this project will result in the virtual theming of the ride which incorporates a high impact visual presence, infinite variety of motion and interactive capabilities. The computer animation will truly bring the next generation of rides to this industry. Rides that create experiences such as flying an F16 Fighter Jet or riding in a Mars Rover are maybe the future...

Inter alia Amec Dynamic Structures is involved in the new track system for Disneyland´s Space Mountain, reopening 2005, as well as the movable platform for Soarin´ Over California at its sister park. Here, riders experience a daring flight above a gigantic Imax screen in a glider. A copy of this E-ticket ride is currently under construction for the 2005 season of the Epcot Center at Walt Disney World.

Two trains on one track... :rolleyes: okay... if you say so...

I'm kind of suprised no one else has heard of this. I remember seeing this when I was sifting through IAAPA's event photos in 2004. The idea itself has been around for several years.

Just google robocoaster and you'll find all sorts of pictures.

He doesnt know that for sure. Actually that is not what that is for at all. I have an article around here somewhere about it but I have no idea what I did with it. Personally I cannot imagine how you can invision two trains on that one piece of track.

Actually, before I saw this pic I as reading the "Show Me Your Photoshop" forum and thought it might be just that. I guess I would have to see more than just one piece of track to really envision the setup of two trains on the one track. It would be interesting to read the article or atleast tell us what the article states about what the track is.

edit: Nevermind... just saw your post.