Possible another B&M stand up in the near future?

Changmanky

The last stand up that was planned was to be built at SFA in 2001 but when KD decided to back out of their original plan to build a vekoma flyer at the park SFA ended up getting Batwing instead.As for DL & their hopes to install SFAW's old Intamin stand up I'd say forget about it because word has it the ride was damaged(much like UT was) during the tear down & shipping to the park.

Stand Ups are never coming back, they are too unconformable (especially to male guests,) and not popular (weither its CP, SFGAm, or SFOG the stand up always has a shorter line then the parks invert.) If I was a park, and was building a B&M it would be an invert, floorless, hyper or flying (maybe on that last one) because for the kind of money those things cost, I want a ride that will still be a headliner 10 years down the line.

Just like where everyone else gets theirs .. from the lemonade guy the dippon dots guy or the lemon chill guy

And who are you to discredit his info? What do you have to show that he's only as credible as the random park employee.

lol I was joking gordon :rolleyes:

Where are you getting this information?

The ride was approved back in 1999 along with a whole list of attractions that,thanks to corporate's neglect for the park never got built & the information was easily obtainable back then from the PG county planning board website.It was also in the local papers as well around mid summer of 1999.

When KD decided to scrap the flyer in favor of that POS HS:XLC SFA picked it up at the last minute & as a result the ride required approval,that's how everyone found out about it in november/december 2000 before the park even officially announced it.

Today while i was at SFKK-a couple of my buddies that are employees, said that early in the morning, a group of people were viewing the land around Chang. A couple of guys they remember to be B&M techs and the others they didnt know before. at lunchtime, one of their supervisors said that some reps from another park-in this region???, dont know which yet-so hold your horses people!, were thinking about buying a coaster from B&M in the same style as Chang or Riddlers Revenge. I know there are only two of these types of stand ups with the hill height and lenght in USA- with one being on the West coast in Valencia, CA and the other one in Louisville,KY. Now maybe another Six Flags is thinking about getting a stand-up at their park but their super seemed to believe that it may be some other park on the East coast possibly Kings Dominion. now how reliable that info is i dont know, but i will definitely get the answer.

If we do get a stand up, I would want something like Georgia Scorcher. KD is getting Dominator.

• 7 years later...

I was at Cedar Point last week. Rougarou was a walk on. TTD, Maverick, MF, and Gatekeeper all had longer waits. Some of that is capacity I'm sure, but there didn't seem to be much excitement for the ride. 

• Like 4

^Well the Smiler reached global news did it?

I know completely different manufactures but there are some similarities with the trains. I have had people ask me if Rougerou is the same type of coaster just by the looks of the trains..

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think a stand-up coaster would only work if it was around 2,000ft or less in length and around 100ft or less. 

I'd be very curious to see a modernized B&M stand-up since one hasn't been built in over 20 years.

That would be like the Vortexs' at cga and Carowinds.  They are/were so good.  Georgia scorcher is OK, but is far from a great experience.

• Confused 2

While I haven't ridden Georgia Scorcher, it seems to be the best of both worlds in that its much better designed than their first couple of attempts in the Vortexes of Carowinds and CGA, but didn't go overkill on the stats side in the way Riddler's Revenge, Green Lantern/Chang, Mantis did.

That having said, do I think B&M could build a tolerable/decent "modern" standup rendition if given the opportunity? Probably, if they model after GS and keep the layout miniminalist enough.

But to me its a matter of opportunity costs more than anything. Something like GS wouldn't be "bad" edition per se, but there are just so many better options to be had, IMO.

• Like 2

Riddler's Revenge is a great ride, and is very well designed to not go complete overkill on the amount of force to your feet, but intense enough to still feel like a B&M from the 90s with no headbanging at all.