'Weird Al' Yankovic Returns to the Park, Kings Island Rated Top 10 Park, Kings Island Seeks Cold-Blooded Employees, Boomerang Bay and More

Two-time Grammy-winning; multi-gold and platinum recording artist 'Weird Al' Yankovic will make his return to Kings Island's Timberwolf Ampetheatre on August 18th at 7:30pm. Yankovic is the king of satirical music with hits such as "Like a Surgeon," "Eat It," "My Bologna," and "Amish Paradise." Ticket packages vary depending on seating location. Some tickets include admission to the park all day, while others include admission after 5pm. Ticket prices, availability, and online ordering are available here.

Kings Island joins its sister park Cedar Point as being ranked one of the top 10 parks outside of Orlando by Travel Advisor LLC. The rankings were based upon Travel Advisor's editorial staff as well as the popularity of the parks' web sites. Kings Island ranked as #7 while Cedar Point ranked #3.

Boomerang Bay Water Park Resort at Kings Island will open for five additional days this month (August 20-24) to provide guests a great opportunity to enjoy all the down-under excitement in the park's very own Australian Oasis. Daily operations for Boomerang Bay were originally scheduled to end August 19. Operating hours for Boomerang Bay from August 20-24 will be 12-6 p.m. All of the water park's most popular attractions are expected to be open. Some attractions starting times may vary.

Also don't forget about Kings Island's new military discount parogram. All active duty, reserve and retired military personnel can purchase up to four all day admission tickets to Kings Island for just half price!

All branches of the United States Military, including the National Guard, are invited to take advantage of the discount ticket offer.Individuals must present a valid military photo ID at the Kings Island ticket window. Military discount is not valid with any other discount offer or on Junior/Senior, Starlight or two-day admission tickets.

Calling all those who are ghouls and demons at heart! Kings Island continues to search for cruel characters for Fearfest, their Halloween-inspired celebration. Help transform warm and sunny Kings Island into one of the largest haunting attractions in the Midwest... and make some cash in the process!

Remaining open casting call days include:

Friday, August 10

Saturday, August 11

Friday, August 17

Saturday, August 18

Friday, August 24

Saturday, August 25

Friday, August 31

Saturday, September 1

Friday, September 7

Saturday, September 8

Each day of the casting call, the hours are 2pm to 6pm. For more information regarding open casting calls for FearFest, please contact the Kings Island Entertainment Office at (513) 754-5740 or visit www.pki.com/fearfest.

Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors, information and photos of Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

I was just at the Ohio State fair concert yesterday. He put up a great performance, and it was pretty fun to watch. Needless to say, you're in for a treat. ;)

-S

Can you tell me whether he had a warm-up act? We bought tickets and then found out we'd be across town until 7:30. No big deal if he has a warm-up. Thanks.

I was just at the Ohio State fair concert yesterday. He put up a great performance, and it was pretty fun to watch. Needless to say, you're in for a treat. ;)

-S

Can you tell me whether he had a warm-up act? We bought tickets and then found out we'd be across town until 7:30. No big deal if he has a warm-up. Thanks.

If he had one at the State Fair, it doesn't necessarily mean that he'll have one at KI. Then again, I've been to hundreds of concerts and the only person who just did NOT have an opening act was Bruce Springstien. His concert, in turn, was almost 3 hours long.

Ryan

Does anybody know if the $15 tickets are available for employees also?

Yes -- the more expensive tickets are for those who do not have a means of getting into the park.

Thank You very much. B)

I was at the concert three years ago and it was great! I might have to go again for just $15!

-S

At the fair, he didn't exactly have an opening act on stage. There was a guy running around the venue messing with people in a civil way, and there was a clown on stilts after he left. The first guy was rather amusing, and definitely got the crowd loosened up. Though I'm pretty sure that there will be an opening act at KI. He had opening acts at KI during the Poodle Hat tour, so there's a good chance that there will be one there this year.

-S

I saw Weird Al at the Fraze in Kettering. I have seen him live over 15 times through the years. At the Fraze he started Amish Paradise and about 1/3 of the way through the song must have forgotten the words!! He said "You don't want to hear that song anyway" and screamed "Radio, Radio" and covered that song instead. Only time I've ever seen it happen.

He is an absolute riot and an outstanding musician in every right. I love his originals the most, but White and Nerdy just doesn't come across well live. Other than that it is a fantastic show and I'm looking forward to it.

Todd