Disney's MGM Studios to be Renamed...

I am betting the Pixar name will eventually be phased out of all things Disney.

It will take years for people to stop calling the park MGM Studios. On the other hand, it took all of, what? 12 Minutes to stop calling Kings Island, Paramount's Kings Island.

I always thought that was a ridiculous name for any park. Paramount's ________ .

I dont completely agree with you, yes the park may remain MGM in the hearts of its fans for some time but I still hear people refer to KI as PKI and Paramount's Kings Island. And, I have even heard ride ops accidentally blurt out Paramount when refering to the park. I know I occasionally have to remember not to say Paramount's..but Im getting better at it!

There are a few good articles over on Jim Hill Media talking about the Studios name change, including this one:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/arc...of-why-for.aspx

I too had always thought they'd end up renaming it Disney-Pixar Studios (if for no other reason, to continually validate the $7B purchase price for Pixar). However, the results of the survey Jim mentions makes a lot of sense...most of the people responding said that they'd expect to find Pixar-themed attractions in a park called Disney-Pixar Studios, but most of the new Pixar attractions aren't actually at the Studio park.

Yea, but that is not what MGM is all about. MGM is themed to the old feel of Hollywood and the old movies. Just look at the streetmosphere they have all over there. A park themed to Pixar studios would be walking through an office full of cubicles filled with graphic designers on their computers. The hollywood feel is all about the live actors on the streets of MGM and the "on the set" feel of the park.