fall celebration 2007

fan of beast

I would assume that we may see the end of Fall Celebration as Fear Fest becomes bigger and bigger. It is very hard to staff the park, Fear Fest, and a concert, all at the same time. And the concert is the only thing the park has a say in when it may or may not happen.

That's a good point. Staffing does really become an issue in the fall with schools back in session. Though it seems like there would be people willing to volunteer to work a concert up at KI. There's only one reason that I'll be going to the park in October though. I hope the creepers really scare me.

Trust me there aren't people who are willing.....it amazes me year after year how the park has to resort to day-labor groups such as, Laborworks, to get everything staffed. I also think the park would rather focus on Fear Fest. Concerts aren't the money maker you would think they are (at least most aren't).

Trust me there aren't people who are willing.....it amazes me year after year how the park has to resort to day-labor groups such as, Laborworks, to get everything staffed. I also think the park would rather focus on Fear Fest. Concerts aren't the money maker you would think they are (at least most aren't).

Actually, concerts are quite the money makers.

The money from the concerts is not merely from the ticket costs.

The actual value is in that they will generally increase park attendance by 5K to 8K on a given day (if it is a popular singer/group) and in the actual revenue generated through food service, merchandise and games.

Yes. Coney is connected via Riverbend by the fact that Coney handles the parking and concession sales for Riverbend. So while Coney doesn`t see a dime of the concert ticket money, they certainly make enough money off of parking and concessions. Not to mention the potential for people to come early and go to the pool or ride some of the rides.

Yes. Coney is connected via Riverbend by the fact that Coney handles the parking and concession sales for Riverbend. So while Coney doesn`t see a dime of the concert ticket money, they certainly make enough money off of parking and concessions. Not to mention the potential for people to come early and go to the pool or ride some of the rides.

Yeah, when I used to be a supervisor at the park we used to staff like a Saturday on concert days. Back then, we had about 3 or 4 Timberwolf concerts a week.

Yeah, when I used to be a supervisor at the park we used to staff like a Saturday on concert days. Back then, we had about 3 or 4 Timberwolf concerts a week.

Oh wow... we have, what? 3 or 4 a year now?

Oh wow... we have, what? 3 or 4 a year now?

Yeah, there was a time that Jimmy Buffet used to perform at TimberWolf and sell out 3 shows in a row. Beach Boys & Air Supply used to always be sell out's as well.