cobra

Racerrider

I've been on Mantis at CP and I think it's a great ride, personally. The first 3 inversions are all incredible. I'm not sure why KI has kept King Cobra's parts for so long. Either they are trying to sell it to someone, or else they just haven't gotten around to scrapping it. I wish they would put it back together. Even if it was a mechanical nightmare, I loved KC!

When you say the first 3 inversions do you include the inclined loop in them? Throughout the last half of the ride i had to just sit on the saet and not even put my feet on the floor because i thought my calfs were going to pop out of my legs. For some reason i never felt that way on King Cobra.

And Cedar Point and Kings Island are and were insistent that you ride with your feet flat on the floor. This is thus an instruction to riders. Not complying is a violation of Ohio's Rider Responsibility Law and is both evidence of negligence should something happen and a misdemeanor that could even be prosecuted.

I've actually been wanting to know what makes Stand ups so uncomfortable other than the forces exerted on riders. I rode Mantis at CP and like Jasper talks about, throughout the whole ride I felt like every bloodvessel in my lower extremities was going to burst and my legs were gonna break.

Was I possibly not seated right? I still cant figure that one out, it was the most uncomfortable ride Ive ever had on any ride. It was also the first stand up I had ever ridden.

If there is any insight into how to ride better on my next visit someone tell me, because the inversions look cool, but WOW did that ride ever hurt!

I have found the best ride position on Mantis to be seated...on the park bench in front of the ride!

I had no such problems on King Cobra, nor do I have them on Chang or Riddler's Revenge. There is a reason that Mantis has a brake down the first drop, which was not on the beginning of this season (when it is, you can hear it hiss from at least a city block away). The ride is much better with it than without it. (I had at first regretted I had never gotten to ride it its opening season, when it had run without that brake. Be careful what you wish for...)

Guest kwindshawne
I've actually been wanting to know what makes Stand ups so uncomfortable other than the forces exerted on riders. I rode Mantis at CP and like Jasper talks about, throughout the whole ride I felt like every bloodvessel in my lower extremities was going to burst and my legs were gonna break.

Was I possibly not seated right? I still cant figure that one out, it was the most uncomfortable ride Ive ever had on any ride. It was also the first stand up I had ever ridden.

If there is any insight into how to ride better on my next visit someone tell me, because the inversions look cool, but WOW did that ride ever hurt!

You know what? Mantis was the only one that didn't bother me...and I think the inversions actually get some of the pressure off the discs in my back...I enjoyed it personally

Did you lock your knees by chance? Slight bend works best..but stand ups are not for everyone.

You know what? Mantis was the only one that didn't bother me...and I think the inversions actually get some of the pressure off the discs in my back...I enjoyed it personally

Did you lock your knees by chance? Slight bend works best..but stand ups are not for everyone.

Im not sure, but when you have to have your legs completely stretched out and behind that tape, your knees do end up closed if not locked. I found that when I *accidentaly* lifted my feet off the floor because of the pain in my legs, that there was no pain, I just cannot figure out why a stand-up would hurt you to stand-up. Is there a possibility that I was sitting too much on the bicycle seat with not enuff pressure on my legs? or standing on my legs more than sitting on the seat? or had my legs too outstretched? Or to bent? Does anyone else have any ideas? I would like to ride it at least once more with no pain in my legs!

• 3 weeks later...

I know RCDB is still reporting Cobra as "in storage" but I could of swore I remember seeing track pieces in the area where Firehawk dominates now. Is it still there?

After my recent trip to KI with all the coasters running and working, I don't really miss KC much. I've just come to accept it was an outdated model, and it really wasn't that thrilling. Very uncomfortable, 1 loop and a bunch of small hills. Newer models that have been built since its demise such as Italian Job Stunt Track, and Firehawk, prove to be more fun IMO.

I know RCDB is still reporting Cobra as "in storage" but I could of swore I remember seeing track pieces in the area where Firehawk dominates now. Is it still there?

After my recent trip to KI with all the coasters running and working, I don't really miss KC much. I've just come to accept it was an outdated model, and it really wasn't that thrilling. Very uncomfortable, 1 loop and a bunch of small hills. Newer models that have been built since its demise such as Italian Job Stunt Track, and Firehawk, prove to be more fun IMO.

I found King Cobra to be more comfortable than any other standup coaster. In addition that loop's positioning with the Eiffel Tower was a spectacle in itself. The only steel coaster I know to match King Cobra's airtime was Phantom's Revenge.

KC did have some incredible airtime... but MF and Maverick are better IMO in terms of air time. Maverick's is just out of this world. But it's also somewhat rough on the turns. I still think it's one of the best.