Take a Ride Out

Neon

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, Interpreter. But this is Days of Thunder he's talking about. I think most people would agree that DoT is a complete waste of space. Personally, I'd like to see them take out the Action Theater and expand in the back of the park.

I understand, but again I ask, why would you want ANY ride taken out? Fewer rides means fewer guests paying to come to the park and eventually means fewer new rides.

Paramount seemingly had the mentality that for every new ride installed, one or more must be removed. I, for one, want nothing to advocate that attitude, which Cedar Fair, to its credit, does not seem to share.

As for Days of Thunder, as long as it is generating revenue that Cedar Fair needs to pay off debt, its presence is certainly not bothering me any.

Paramount seemingly had the mentality that for every new ride installed, one or more must be removed. I, for one, want nothing to advocate that attitude, which Cedar Fair, to its credit, does not seem to share.

WWL for Maverick?

Somebody had to love that water ride! LOL

In all seriousness though...Eiffel Tower needs to go...that awful Eiffel Green eyesore dominates the skyline too much...looks like someone vometed at the top and let it trickle down (or tried to clean it with comet, take your pick) either way we can put a better ride there! Not to mention it blocks the guests on International Street's view of that great ride we refer to as IJ:ST!

Cory- Who in all serious seriousness completely agrees with The Interpreter!

WWL for Maverick?

In all seriousness though...Eiffel Tower needs to go...that awful Eiffel Green eyesore dominates the skyline too much...looks like someone vometed at the top and let it trickle down (or tried to clean it with comet, take your pick) either way we can put a better ride there! Not to mention it blocks the guests on International Street's view of that great ride we refer to as IJ:ST!

SCREW YOU I LOVED WHITE WATER LANDING!!!

But seriously, I did.

Im going to have to agree but If anything goes it would be Days Of Thunder. But in all fairness, it will most likely not happen as some one has said in this thread that paromunt was your only hope of that leaveing because if you take a ride out then you lose more people, and if you lose more people, you lose new rides. Thatys how amusement parks are going down the drain(geaga lake) ;) .

you know, i dont think days of thunder really makes money for Cedar Fair. everytime i walk by it, noone is on it, or its like two people racing each other. thats it. never hardly any use. those gokarts are always running too, dont you think that the cost of gas would make it actually expensive to keep in the park? honestly, Kings Island was not made for gokarts, unless they are free of course. if you wanna ride gokarts, go elsewhere. i came to Kings Island to ride rollercoasters, not gokarts.

Guest kwindshawne

WWL for Maverick?

No way!!! That is a landmark...personally I liked the antique cars better than IJ...they could have put IJ somewhere else and kept the antique cars.

White Water Landing is NOT an exception to my theory at Cedar Fair. It had serious maintenance issues and was beginning to cost too much to run, by all accounts. Kind of like a certain wood coaster..............in Pennsylvania, that Cedar Fair removed, at least in part due to its high upkeep costs. It should be noted that the coaster was not built under Cedar Fair's tutelage, and the company had tried to fix it so it didn't cost way too much to run and wasn't uncomfortable, but without marked success. Sound familiar?

Action FX Theater has seemed to run it's time. Only one side is used anymore. Every time I go, there are NUMEROUS seats strapped out and unplugged. There is rarely a line, unless it's excessively hot and rainy. That are would be FANTASTIC for a thrill ride of a new kind, I just don't know what.

And Days of Thunder seems to never have anyone there. Neither does the eugobungee thingies. I mean, they could put in a ferris wheel back where the AFXT is, and do a couple other classic rides in the spaces left by DoT and the bungees. I know my little guy would be delirious to have a ferris wheel to ride at KI. It's still his favorite ride!

deb

If we are basing taking a ride out on high maintenance costs, would it be reasonable to say Tombraider would be on the chopping block. I agree about the Action Theater, Simulators are becoming more advanced every year, and that one needs improvements. Go with the new 4D theaters or give us a new thrill ride and move the theater to Nick Universe for the kids

I don't know if it's considered a ride or not or if it's even open but the building where the laser tag is/was should be taken out. I have yet to see it open on an weekday I've been this year so it's obviously not making enough money to be open everyday even if it's open at all. If this is done, KI could easily have a new area of expansion on the other side of The Racer which could possibly be connected to X-Base.

I wouldn't mind Days of Thunder being taken out because I'm never going to pay money to do something I'll be doing on my way to and on my way from KI. I've done it once during P&G Days but it was free and you should've seen the line. I'm pretty sure it was full all day from what I remember.

I don't think Action FX Theater should be taken out. I just think it needs to be improved. They could take the route of the moving vehicle motion simulator like Spiderman at IOA or Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom or Indiana Jones at Disneyland. I feel that would attract the crowds but it'd also cost a LOT of money. The least they could do is add a new movie.

FX theater just needs fixed up and at least change the show once per year.

it always a big hit with my kids.

dot and eurobungee can get the ax. i am not a fan of pay extra rides but,

skyflyer and slingshot, while expensive, are quite popular.

my theory is the more rides available, the shorter lines on everything.

shorter lines will attract more paying customers.

taking a ride out to bring in a new one is always a mistake.

hey gordon, hockey season is getting close.

If you get there early you can get on Skyflier for $5 dollars a person, they do raise the price to $10 dollars a person when more people get in the park. I have also seen Sling Shot as cheap as $5 dollars a person as well. But usually Sing Shot is $10 - 15 dollars.

i really wouldnt like to see any of the rides leave because they are all enjoyable in some type of fashion. But if i had to pick one i would have to pick....... Adventure Express because when you remove that it gives you a little space to work with back in there.

Get to the park right at opening to get a $5 Sling Shot ride. I agree that Eurobungee and the old Laser Tag building need to be taken out because there is no sense in keeping a building just standing with nothing in it unless of course its used for Fearfest although i would think its too small for that and Eurobungee isnt much of a money maker IMO because i hardly see anyone waiting to do it even when the park is packed.

They can do whatever they want with DOT. Although i love go-carts i wont pay 6 bucks or whatever it is just to go around in a circle when I could get something better with that money.

It is kind've a good idea to move FX Theatre to Nick Universe but it would cost too much money IMO to do that. I say either make the money worth it and renovate it or take the wrecking ball to it.

I think SoB can stay although like everyone has said when will they stop spending money for improvements and just tear it down. Although it is a good coaster and I'm sure Kings Island and Cedar Fair both would like to keep it up and running, i think sooner or later CF will say enough is enough with SoB especially with the money situation they are in right now and IMO due to the money situation we have to pay more for food, drinks, etc. If i have seen right and some people may have noticed I believe prices went up just a bit on most things in the park like on food, drinks, and games because i though that last year Sling Shot's regular price was $20 instead of $25 this year although i could be wrong as i have been before.

^Slingshots regular price last year was $25 although it very rarely hits that price on a day that isn't saturday or a holiday.

DOT is actually a very fun ride and for the price of 6 bucks they do let you race for a considerable amount of time.

The Laser tag building hasn't been open now for a couple of years.