Take a Ride Out

Neon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got it take out NOTHING. Then I think they should add a stage and big sandy area (maybe volley ball courts) then they could have Spring Break Beach Parties and Summer Block Parties. Of course I think this should be added as part of Boomerang Bay. Think of it though it could be a huge draw, maybe it could be a Timberwolf replacement and freeing up that land or it could just be an interesting alternative for live shows.

Id take out Racer

The Racer is a classic ride of Kings Island and Cedar Fair would never have it taken down. It's a classic ride! If they took it down, then they are taking down memories of one of the oldest rides at Kings Island. They wouldn't also take down the Monster or the Scrambler.

Spring Break for colleges at least is before KI opens, so that would be no good.

I would probably remove Action Theatre, as much as I love it (I did work there afterall), simulators are just not exciting anymore, coupled with a fairly high height requirement, the space could be occupied by something a little more fun.

Sure, take out Timberwolf, and along with it the revenue it generates, that'd be a good idea for the park. Just because you don't attend any concerts there, does not mean others dont.

Exactly, Gordon! There is a little 3 day event there in July called Spirit Song that sells out at least 1 if not 2 of the days every year. Many Christian music fans are drawn to this every year, and it is a good event for the park to hold.

As far as the other acts go, I do wish it was like it was in Timberwolf's hayday, back when acts like Jimmy Buffet would play there. But the concert industry has changed, and new venues have been built, namely Riverbend, which is more attractive to artists to play than a 9,863 seater in a theme park.

Timberwolf is a good place for up and coming acts to play. In recent years they had Aaron Carter when he was the craze, Aly & AJ, and my favorite, Britney Spears in 1999. B) She had signed to play Timberwolf when her only song out at the time was Oops...I Did It Again. And by the time the show came around in August, she considered herself too big a star to perform in a place like Timberwolf. Needless to say, the Britney show had sold out months before, and many a young girl was upset when they came to the park that day expecting to buy tickets.

Plus, Timberwolf is a good place for events like the yearly Cheerleading/Dance Team competition.

But back on topic, I would not remove anything. Removing rides is like erasing memories (or creating them in the sense that the memory is the only place the ride can now be revisited). If I absolutely had to choose, gun to my head, which ride to remove, it would be IJ:ST, just due to the fact that it ruined a nice relaxing section of the park and it's not that great a coaster IMO.

Not to mention that AE leads the park in capacity every year.

I would like to see the numbers for that one.

Especially since Racer has double the capacity against any ride at any time.

If you combined Racer and recaR, only then would the capacity surpass AE. When calculating the capacity, the park considers Racer and recaR two different coasters.

Okay, I for one agree that IJST is in a bad place and it did ruin the atmosphere in that area of the park. On the other hand it is a pretty decent ride and what would happen if they removed it? Unfortunately I seriously doubt they would ever return it to what it once was. So just keep in mind if they removed IJST what would go in it's place. On the slim chance in ____ that they would replace it with the tique's I really doubt the atmosphere would be anything like it once was. Unfortuanately I feel the damage has already been done so just what would be a good replacement for it? IMHO I think they should stick a lot of dynamite there and fill the crater left with water at least it would look better.

Id take out Racer

The Racer is a classic ride of Kings Island and Cedar Fair would never have it taken down. It's a classic ride! If they took it down, then they are taking down memories of one of the oldest rides at Kings Island. They wouldn't also take down the Monster or the Scrambler.

Well, look at the Big Dipper at GL. That has a ton more history than Racer. I don't think anything is 100% safe.

Not to mention that AE leads the park in capacity every year.

I would like to see the numbers for that one.

Especially since Racer has double the capacity against any ride at any time.

Your not taking into account how the block system works. Like DeLoreanRider said, it takes a darn good crew to get that thing moving at its best, and Marketing Express was one of those "darn good" crew members at one time.

I appreciate the compliments from Gordon Bombay and DeLorean Rider.

When I was at AE we consistently put over 1,000 riders through the ride each hour. We even had instances when we were loading over 1,200 riders per hour Not very many rides in the park can say that their ride can do that which is why AE leads the park in capacity with Vortex coming in a very close second when running all of it's trains.

If you combined Racer and recaR, only then would the capacity surpass AE. When calculating the capacity, the park considers Racer and recaR two different coasters.

That is intresting, only because I have always been told that the park considers it one ride, even with capacity.

Oh well...