Take a Ride Out

Neon

If you could take out a ride, which one would you do?

I would take out Days of Thunder. I don't understand why you have to pay 8 dollars just to do something that so isn't fun. Driving a go-kart isn't fun.

Share rides you hate!

I don't think any ride deserves to be hated.

If you Absolutely Positifly LOVE amusement parks like I do, you'd understand that no ride deserves a hate relashionship.

If I HAD to remove any rides from KI, Days of Thunder would be removed.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take out days of thunder and action fx theater.

I have to agree also with what DVO said "I'd like to see them take out the Action Theater and expand in the back of the park." removing Days of Thunder and putting a ride like from Canadas Wonderland (once owned by Paramount) Sledgehammer. Removing the Action theater will make a good size trail to the backside of the park lots of rides can be built back there. Now for my added ride Tomb Raider that has to go, it replaced Kennton Cannal which was alot more fun, after Tomb Raiders first year its hardly ever busy i rode it once and said that sucked! I say improve Congo Falls with better theaming and if you cant get good concerts at Timberwolf it has to go, I dont consider a good concert that caters to 8-12 year old girls. I remember them getting REO Speedwagon, Styx, Loverboy lots of good concerts that filled Timberwolf! Oh and if they are going to keep the beer garden (across from Adventure Express) stop serving people who are drunk off thier ass, dude falling down and getting sick infront of my children isnt good for "FAMILY" fun. In front of the fountains across from the Tower the Kareoke stage this could be alot better IF they call a friend of mine he has just about every song you can think of rock ,hip hop ,country, ect I told my wife the day they put Queensryche on the list is the day I will go up there. Remeber the drill the Kids of the 80's are the parents of today if you do the math you'll get your answer there its a generational thing!

I would take out Days of Thunder. I don't understand why you have to pay 8 dollars just to do something that so isn't fun. Driving a go-kart isn't fun.

Share rides you hate!

If you Absolutely Positifly LOVE amusement parks like I do, you'd understand that no ride deserves a hate relashionship.

I don't know about that. There are many people, even some who post here, who hate Son of Beast. Some even reckon that coaster deserves to be hated. Myself, I have not had horrible rides on SOB before and after the loop was removed.

I would take out days of thunder and action fx theater.

I have to agree also with what DVO said "I'd like to see them take out the Action Theater and expand in the back of the park." removing Days of Thunder and putting a ride like from Canadas Wonderland (once owned by Paramount) Sledgehammer. Removing the Action theater will make a good size trail to the backside of the park lots of rides can be built back there. Now for my added ride Tomb Raider that has to go, it replaced Kennton Cannal which was alot more fun, after Tomb Raiders first year its hardly ever busy i rode it once and said that sucked! I say improve Congo Falls with better theaming and if you cant get good concerts at Timberwolf it has to go, I dont consider a good concert that caters to 8-12 year old girls. I remember them getting REO Speedwagon, Styx, Loverboy lots of good concerts that filled Timberwolf! Oh and if they are going to keep the beer garden (across from Adventure Express) stop serving people who are drunk off thier ass, dude falling down and getting sick infront of my children isnt good for "FAMILY" fun. In front of the fountains across from the Tower the Kareoke stage this could be alot better IF they call a friend of mine he has just about every song you can think of rock ,hip hop ,country, ect I told my wife the day they put Queensryche on the list is the day I will go up there. Remeber the drill the Kids of the 80's are the parents of today if you do the math you'll get your answer there its a generational thing!

STYX never played TimberWolf.

In all the years that I've been to Kings Island (and worked there for 6) I can remember one person getting sick because of alcohol. I just don't see that as an issue. The park has done a phenomenal job under all of it's owners in monitoring the alcohol.

^Well in my opinion, yes it was bad and still is. Styx is nothing without the Panozzo brothers, the true members of the band from the beginning. (Rest in peace John I am sure God loves your Styx's work). You can take or leave Dennis DeYoung, good front man but too much of a pansy when it comes to writing. JY is about the only good thing they have going for them. Tommy Shaw is a studio musician has been from the beginning and always will be. As for Styx playing at KI in years past?

They were scheduled to play the Kilroy concert there, but it was moved to the coliseum because of ticket sales. Amazing, the one concert that stunk the most got the big ticket sales. See what happens when you talk about some thing that interests me, I get on a big horse and go off.

Share rides you hate!

I don't know about that. There are many people, even some who post here, who hate Son of Beast. Some even reckon that coaster deserves to be hated. Myself, I have not had horrible rides on SOB before and after the loop was removed.

I never said anybody here does or doesn't hate a ride.

P.S., Son of Beast is one of my favorite rides.

Dare I say it....after the accident, as modified, the ride was excruciatingly boring.

Before the accident, it was mildly amusing, but certainly not more than that. I'd put it about the same thrill category as a Chance Aviator:

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index/ChanceAviator1.jpg

Kings Dominion's Chance Aviator is now known as a kids ride, Nickelodeon Space Surfer.