Take a Ride Out

Neon

I unfortunatly never got the chance to ride King Cobra, or any other standup.

You have never got to ride even ONE standup, and you have made all these claims regarding them, about your preference of a B&M stand-up to a TOGO stand-up? Are you serious? Why would you make such claims, if you have never even ridden one? All I can say is wow, I wish I had the infinite wisdom that you possess.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably in the minority here, but I love the Mantis. King Kobra was my first stand-up and it was great for the time, but, the B&M's just do so much more and I don't really remember all that much headbanging until after the corkscrew. And, that's only because there are a lot of direction changes that occur after that. I am highly doubting we'll see any new stand-ups ever. It was a fad and so faded just like a fad. Although, the one thing I love about KK over Mantis was the trick track section.

I like the go carts. No need to take them out. If the Son of Beast is always down and not very safe then that should come down. I'm sure they can come up with another coaster to replace it. Even though the train ride to the water park is a part of King's Island history (as is the Eiffel Tower), they have done a good job at ruining it over the years. They took out all the good scenery. What is a train ride without the scenery? Either put the scenery back or just make the train ride directly to the water park, and use the extra space for more childrens rides. How about changing the scooby doo haunted house back into the Smurfs enchanted voyage or similar, and add more variety to the children's rides. Not just for small kids, but also a little bigger rides like the rugrats runaway raptor(something for the in between) Not everyone is coaster riders, and not everyone is between 2 & 5. Also I like the White Water ride, I like ALL water rides, please don't do away with them. In fact, ADD MORE!!! As far as removing rides, unless they are dangerous or NO ONE rides them there is NO reason to remove them. The more rides the better. Fill the spaces, keep adding them. BIGGER CROWDS, MORE MONEY, SHORTER LINES! One more thing, BRING THE HANNA BARBERA CHARACTERS BACK!!!!! :P

If the Son of Beast is always down and not very safe then that should come down.

Easy there friend, Son of Beast is very safe! As safe as any other roller coaster at Kings Island. Historically since it had an issue in 2006, you could argue it isn't, but based on ride mechanics and fail-safes and re-engineering of parts of the ride, it is as safe as any other coaster at KI. If it wasn't safe, it would have been removed many moons ago!

Son of Beast's rough nature still doesn't compare to the rib-cracking wildcats of times long past! Even being rough does not make it unsafe, uncomfortable maybe, but unsafe? No.

Did anyone here ever get to ride the Wildcat at Idora? I have heard that particular coaster, was a pain...