Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal Topic

Nate

^^ True, but ride operators usually know how a ride is suppossed to run better than maintenance. Ride Ops work with the ride 8-12 hours a day. Unless a ride has problems, maintenance will only see the ride for a few hours a day.

If a Ride Op knows more about the operation and proper operation of a ride than maintenance; I'm very concerned.

^^ True, but ride operators usually know how a ride is suppossed to run better than maintenance. Ride Ops work with the ride 8-12 hours a day. Unless a ride has problems, maintenance will only see the ride for a few hours a day.

If a Ride Op knows more about the operation and proper operation of a ride than maintenance; I'm very concerned.

I am not sure why that would concern you...

An operations worker knowing more about the operation of a ride than maintenance.

I am not sure why that would concern you...

An operations worker knowing more about the operation of a ride than maintenance.

Because Maintenance is Responsible for the same and proper functioning of all rides, games and systems in the park.

I used my air conditioner every day. In fact, I'm pretty familiar with the proper operation of it. But I'd be dimes over dollars that an AC Technician would be able to tell me better about the proper operation.

DeloreanRider, just remeber, the old food employee and random guests know way more about TRTR than you and if they were there the park would be a zillion times better

And, apparently, Cedar Fair, who operates an entire chain of parks knows less than an ops guy who works on Tomb Raider.

Actually, the ride operators DO usually know more about general every day operation than the maintainence crews. Often times maintainence will ask how we do many different things. Maintainence knows how the rides do what they do, but that doesnt mean they know the ride operations procedures during operating hours. We have training and standard procedures for things like that. Maintainence personal is not permitted to run the ride with guests on them because they are not trained by the rides department to do so, because there are many things they would overlook. For example, buckeling the seatbelts on empty TR or seats, not to mention maintainence never runs the ride in automatic mode they always use, you guest it, maintainence mode or manual mode.

DeloreanRider, just remeber, the old food employee and random guests know way more about TRTR than you and if they were there the park would be a zillion times better

What was I thinking? :blink: Where did I get off thinking I knew anything about my ride for 2 years. I'm sure those who ride TRTR once in a blue moon know way more about Tomb Raider than I'll ever know.

I was wondering when the rose colored glasses would be put on.

Now from an operations standpoint, yeah, you better know more than me.

But the comments that CF confirmed the sale pre-season, and not fixing themeing at CF's request has nothing to do with day-to-day operations of a ride.

Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know.

[Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know.

So this is a forum full of idiots...

Now how did you come up with that?

According to you, everyone who talks here doesnt know what theire talking about.

He never said anything like that. What that phrase means is that people in the know don't talk about what they know. People who don't know what they are talking about ususally have a lot to say.

He never said anything like that. What that phrase means is that people in the know don't talk about what they know. People who don't know what they are talking about ususally have a lot to say.

Well, that's not necesarily true. There are quite a few leaks that come from Washington and from here and there.

Obviously, they're from people that do know and do tell.

According to you, everyone who talks here doesnt know what theire talking about.

I never called anyone an idiot. That was just your poor attempt at starting a childish online arguement.

In reference to my quote: when someone comes over a message board and claims they know what the stipulations of a billion dollar deal only because they are a former ride operator, it sounds as if someone is trying to gain attention by claiming they happen to know more than most.

Deals like the purchase between CF and Paramount fall through all the time, and normally, at the last minute due to the lenders getting cold feet. Claiming that CF confirmed the purchase at the end of the 1st quarter 2006 to the point where they directed Paramount on how to operate a park they did not own yet is rather foolish. Rumors of CF purchasing Paramount started becoming a reality the 3rd week of May in 2006, practically a month after PKI opened. Loan terms of the purchase finally were officially disclosed less than a week before the actual purchase.

It would really undermine the integrity of a company if a ride operator would happen to know that the potential buyer of a park was already making decisions and running the park before the proper paperwork was actually signed.

Now if you want to twist my comment by trying to discount what we discuss here, so be it. There are many visitors that claim to have inside information about what ride is going up next year, where it is going, etc. A majority of us here will not make those claims. But if you are going to make comments that you have inside information, be prepared to back it up with more proof than jsut because you operated the ride for two years.

I'm sure the administrators and mods here have had many opportunities to disclose sensitive information about the park, but have wisely not mentioned a word. And in return, they have a great relationship with the park. They also fit the comment:

Those who talk don't know; those who know, don't talk.

I never called anyone an idiot. That was just your poor attempt at starting a childish online arguement.

In reference to my quote: when someone comes over a message board and claims they know what the stipulations of a billion dollar deal only because they are a former ride operator, it sounds as if someone is trying to gain attention by claiming they happen to know more than most.

Deals like the purchase between CF and Paramount fall through all the time, and normally, at the last minute due to the lenders getting cold feet. Claiming that CF confirmed the purchase at the end of the 1st quarter 2006 to the point where they directed Paramount on how to operate a park they did not own yet is rather foolish. Rumors of CF purchasing Paramount started becoming a reality the 3rd week of May in 2006, practically a month after PKI opened. Loan terms of the purchase finally were officially disclosed less than a week before the actual purchase.

It would really undermine the integrity of a company if a ride operator would happen to know that the potential buyer of a park was already making decisions and running the park before the proper paperwork was actually signed.

Now if you want to twist my comment by trying to discount what we discuss here, so be it. There are many visitors that claim to have inside information about what ride is going up next year, where it is going, etc. A majority of us here will not make those claims. But if you are going to make comments that you have inside information, be prepared to back it up with more proof than jsut because you operated the ride for two years.

I'm sure the administrators and mods here have had many opportunities to disclose sensitive information about the park, but have wisely not mentioned a word. And in return, they have a great relationship with the park. They also fit the comment:

Funny because you seem to have a lot to say.

Funny because you seem to have a lot to say.

But, what he is saying is a matter of public knowledge. Not once has he said he knew anything before anyone else. And if he did know anything, he certainly has not posted it on any message board trying to brag on "insider info" he might or might not have had.

And getting back to topic, yes, I remember KCKC's green, unattractive water. I still miss the old flume. The scenic view was awesome and I loved the thrill of the drop.

• Like 1