Abnormal Lines

Neon

Have you seen a line at KI or another park that was longer than usual?

Me?

On The Racer, the line (both forwards and backwards) was all the way to those moving bar things (what are they called?) that are used to control lines. None or them were open, but it stinked.

The line for TR:TR was all the way outside! And those moving bar things used to control lines were open! So it was a zig-zag line. I hate those zig-zag lines!

The line for Top Gun was all the way to the vending machines!

All of that happened on a Monday. I guess Monday seems to be an unlucky day to go to KI.

I waited 2.5 hrs for Top Gun in its opening year. I've also seen FoF with full turnstiles, even before Firehawk was added.

I went a Thursday a week or so ago and FoF was full on the inside but not the outside turnstiles. It was kind of random since it was a Thursday but it was really hot that day so that was probably why. I was also there yesterday and I walked on SoB in the middle of the day. I guess you just have to take advantage of what is presented to you.

I think often the waits for rides are highly exaggerated.

In the early years of Vortex I don't recall ever waiting longer than one hour and that is when the line was all the way back to the dodgems. The longest I have timed Beast is at 1 1/2 hours with all queues ( the name for the zig zags.) filled and the line all the way to Larosa's. I have timed Firehawk at 1 1/4 hrs from the entrance. ( When the sign there says 2 hours.)

I think often the waits for rides are highly exaggerated.

In the early years of Vortex I don't recall ever waiting longer than one hour and that is when the line was all the way back to the dodgems. The longest I have timed Beast is at 1 1/2 hours with all queues ( the name for the zig zags.) filled and the line all the way to Larosa's. I have timed Firehawk at 1 1/4 hrs from the entrance. ( When the sign there says 2 hours.)

Rides associates are trained to over exaggerate waiting times. Reason being:

If you are told the wait is an hour and you get on in 45 minutes you think wow what a fast crew.

If you are told the wait is an hour and you get on in an hour and 15 minutes, people tend to complain about how slow the crew is and how the operator lied to them about the wait.

I have heard people complain about waiting an additional 5 mins then what they were told.

I waited 45 minutes for TG on July 2. I didn't wait that long in '93. FOF has been jammed all summer, but on that day, I rode it twice with maybe a 10 minute wait. 2 hours (I timed it) for Firehawk on June 12. And somebody said something about Fearfest. My gosh are the lines unbelievable during Fearfest. We waited around 1 1/2 hours last year for TR:TR, and didn't even try The Beast, it was so long.

As someone who waited over four hours for The Beast in its opening year...and more than once, I can ASSURE you the lines did in fact get that long. And Vortex was often in the three hour range. Flight of Fear used to be get very, very long lines, even running three trains. And the Twin Racers (yes, that is what they were called) often got two to three hour lines. There were NO speed passes, no gold passes, and in fact, kiddies, not even season passes.

I can remember when The Racers opened, the wait was 2-3 hours. The Beast, in the early years, was like 4-6 hours. The Vortex was about 3-5 hours.

In 1987 when Vortex was new my Mom and I waited about 20-25 min. I guess we got lucky.

I think the longest I ever waited was when The Bat opened. The line was backed up all the way past where The Happy Days Diner is now. I believe that there was a"whack-a Bat" game there between shake -rattle and roll and the Happy days diner, but I don't remember what food place was there in 1981. Of course it wasn't the happy days diner then. Does anyone remember what food place was there? And does anyone remember the "Whack-a-bat???

When The Bat didn't work out they had the game whack-a-mole. I didn't understand where the bats went, of course I was 8 or 9 what did I know. The Bat died off and so did my whack-a bat. I thought the bats were cute and I loved the design on the trains of The Bat, because I loved bats. I think I was an odd child!!! LOL!!!

I still love bats.

Back to the subject at hand, I think my family and I waited maybe 3 hours for The Bat. So that was my longest wait, I think.

As someone who waited over four hours for The Beast in its opening year...and more than once,

Ah, yes.

The good old days with the old queue filled, and the line still extended to the Eiffel Tower.

Oh my gosh! The Beast lines went all the way back to the Eiffel Tower? You really are a dedicated coaster lover!

Was this in 1979 or later ?

I can remember when The Racers opened, the wait was 2-3 hours. The Beast, in the early years, was like 4-6 hours. The Vortex was about 3-5 hours.

In 1987 when Vortex was new my Mom and I waited about 20-25 min. I guess we got lucky.

I think the longest I ever waited was when The Bat opened. The line was backed up all the way past where The Happy Days Diner is now. I believe that there was a"whack-a Bat" game there between shake -rattle and roll and the Happy days diner, but I don't remember what food place was there in 1981. Of course it wasn't the happy days diner then. Does anyone remember what food place was there? And does anyone remember the "Whack-a-bat???

When The Bat didn't work out they had the game whack-a-mole. I didn't understand where the bats went, of course I was 8 or 9 what did I know. The Bat died off and so did my whack-a bat. I thought the bats were cute and I loved the design on the trains of The Bat, because I loved bats. I think I was an odd child!!! LOL!!!

I still love bats.

Back to the subject at hand, I think my family and I waited maybe 3 hours for The Bat. So that was my longest wait, I think.

I always wanted a bat as a pet after I saw a kid on David Letterman with one. He was really cute and pretty friendly. (The Bat, not the kid)

I remember when The Beast line would go all the way back pass the antique cars, when they ran both sides. I remember the sign that use to sit out by LaRosa'sthe wait for The Beast is approximately 2 hours from this point. I also remember Vortex's line going all the way back to Skyline in Coney Mall. But of course that was back when they only had just a handful of major coasters.

I have always felt that the water rides - Wild Thornberrys, Kenton's Cove, Congo Falls, and White Water Canyon - always have extremely long waits. Anybody else think the same?

I personally only experience long lines on White Water Canyon of all the water rides.

I still love bats.

I always wanted a bat as a pet after I saw a kid on David Letterman with one. He was really cute and pretty friendly. (The Bat, not the kid)

I wanted a bat as a pet too! A vampire bat, I thought I could feed it my own blood and I would save money or rather save my parents some money on pet food.

Hhmmm.......when I was a kid it didn't seem as werid as me writing this thought out and seeing it front of me right now. Hhmmm, maybe I should not post this. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember waiting 4 hours for The Beast in '79 when it opened. I still don't regret that. I also remember very long waits for The Bat and Vortex in their opening years.

Though I hadn't thought of it in years, I Do remember "Whack a Bat"

Hank, it's nice to see you over here on this site, too- you bet your Perogi you know me from another site!