2008 season passes

jondrewfoo

i was jsut wondering when they will change the 2007 season passes over to the 2008 gold ones, if they even bring back gold next year... i know it should be in the not so distant future, because its becoming almost pointless to buy a pass this late in the season..

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure when 2008 season passes will go on sale. It was about this time last year when they started selling 2007 season passes. What if any changes they will implement to the season pass program for next year remains to be seen. Once they announce pass sales for next year, we will likely know more.

At Cedar Point over the weekend the person at Guest Relations (where KI Maxx Pass'ers sign in at) told me Cedar Fair was NOT going to be selling ANY season passes of any kind for any park until the non-year round parks close!!

He claimed you'll be able to go online and re-new the pass you have now *with no processing for next year!!!!* (YES!!!), and that if you re-new online the pass you have now, you'll be able to take it straight to the gate on opening day for the 2008 season!

That sounds sweet. That would make renewing so much more convenient. Finally a perk I can sink my teeth into. I know it's too early for details, but do you think those of us with the parking included in our passes will still have parking next season, as long as we renew when the time comes?

And don't forget, the information from where Kings Island's Maxx passholders sign in at Cedar Point may or may not be correct:

a. things change.

b. sometimes employees give out information that isn't confirmed yet.

I sure hope the online renewal thing is true. It would also greatly reduce the number of people in line processing, save park labor, etc.

Given Cedar Fair's financial condition, I would think they would want to sell season passes as quickly as possible...even if the revenue had to be amortized. Good news on sales would make both lenders and investors happy.

At Cedar Point over the weekend the person at Guest Relations (where KI Maxx Pass'ers sign in at) told me Cedar Fair was NOT going to be selling ANY season passes of any kind for any park until the non-year round parks close!!

He claimed you'll be able to go online and re-new the pass you have now *with no processing for next year!!!!* (YES!!!), and that if you re-new online the pass you have now, you'll be able to take it straight to the gate on opening day for the 2008 season!

I have a gold pass. So does that mean I can renew my gold pass and get into the park for free on the 2008 season?

a. The 2008 season pass program has not yet been announced, so no one knows for sure...things change.

b. A renewal will cost money, no matter how done. It doesn't mean it is free to renew online, if that happens at all...it means that you may not have to go the park to process the renewal. SOME companies even charge more for online renewals than for doing it at the park. Others don't. We will just have to wait and see.

c. There may or may not be something called a gold pass next year, or a Maxx pass, etc. There will be season passes, no doubt, but how they are to be structured and priced has not yet been announced.

That can't be true.^ I just thought of something! You can't renew a Gold Pass because:

-Your apperance will change over time. On the very first day of the KI season, I was 12 years old. I'm 13 now. I will be 14 in ~10 months. And during that time period is when you grow up. I'll be sure to look dirrerent in a year. If they keep this renewing system for years, then my 12 year old picture will be on my gold pass when I will be 25 years old o_0!

-The same thing above except with the signature. My signature on my gold pass is sloppy. And your signature always changes over time. That's why there shouldn't be a renewal system, or I will be forced to keep my sloppy signature on my gold pass. And it's worse because people's signatures change over time.

Online renewal would save people so much time. I went all the way from Richmond Kentucky which is not that far away from Kings Island, only about an hour and a half drive but still, and when i got to the park on opening day the season pass processing line was about a 2 hour wait. I hope this thing goes through.

ok i notieced a thread on cwmania about candas wonderland passes. they noted that Cedar Fair confirmed that if you buy your season pass this year for next, that you cant use that pass to get into the park for the remainder of this year. i sure hope that doesnt happen to us... i always wanted to get a pass, and go to fearfest. i cant go to fearfest if i cant get in with the pass i buy until next year, of which i will be in college.

I seriously doubt the Maxx Pass will go away...on another enthusiast website someone talked to a CF park GM who said that CF as a whole had been "estatic" at the results from the Maxx Passes this year...

I look forward to renewing mine online (*only*) sometime over the winter...until then...Dorney here I come! CP here I come (a few more times)!!

mmokay....

Odd, my Six Flags pass gets me into every Six Flags dry park without paying for any upgrade. And when I buy a Six Flags parking pass, it's good at every park in the chain.

So simple. So fair.

And not at all complicated.

There's a lesson in there somewhere...

I wonder if any part of the lesson has to do with attendance and revenue both being up. :blink:

mmokay....

Odd, my Six Flags pass gets me into every Six Flags dry park without paying for any upgrade. And when I buy a Six Flags parking pass, it's good at every park in the chain.

So simple. So fair.

The only problem with the parking is that it doesn't work at SFKK. I know the reason behind it (the park doesn't own the parking lot, if you were wondering) but I still see that as being a MAJOR GR issue.

Employee: "I'm sorry sir, your parking pass doesn't work at this park."

Guest: "It's supposed to work at every Six Flags park."

Employee: "Oh, I know... it works at every Six Flags park on earth... except this one."

Guest: "Yeah right...."

mmokay....

So simple. So fair.

The only problem with the parking is that it doesn't work at SFKK. I know the reason behind it (the park doesn't own the parking lot, if you were wondering) but I still see that as being a MAJOR GR issue.

Employee: "Oh, I know... it works at every Six Flags park on earth... except this one."

I spoke with Neal Thurman Director of SFKK Park Ops and Admin earlier in the year and suggested that there should be some sort of parking pass for the fair grounds that would just work on days the park was open. There is a parking pass but it is $100 for the whole year and gets you into any event at the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center. He mentioned that they are working on building a parking lot just for SFKK but didn't give any details on where it would be, cost etc. He did mention it was several years off though so who knows if it will really happen.

Why aren't they selling season passes in the Fall like usual? I bought my pass at KI last year. I want it at Cedar Point this year because theirs have a picture and I don't like having to sign in every time? Why isn't Geauga Lake selling season passes yet? They close in 3 weeks. I don't like the sound of this. Sell early because not every one has a computer and some people didn't buy one last year so they should sell them at the park before they close for the season. I hope they clear things up soon.

I think they should keep things the way they are now. Offer regular passes for 1 park, Maxx Pass, and Maxx Pass Plus. Offer All Ohio Parking and have the option for all parks, and one park parking.

They need to offer a variety of options because not every person is an enthusist. Has Six Flags stated selling their passes yet for 2008?

I can vouch as well that your Six Flags parking pass DOES work at SFKK! They very promptly handed me my $5 back at the GR booth. I think its terriffic that they do it considering, as you stated, they dont even own the lot. I'd also like to point out that I got my SF Parking Pass at SFFT for $24....not a bad deal at all! $75 for All Ohio Parking.....a tad steep in my book.

- Todd