2008 season passes

jondrewfoo

...even steeper when you find out, as I did, that your friends with KI Maxx passes (but NOT Ohio parking) more often than not are not even charged for parking at Cedar Point or Geauga Lake, AND get in early ride times that *I* paid $15 for as a Cedar Point Maxx passholder. Again, what does Cedar Fair take those of us who bought Cedar Point Maxx passes and then Ohio parking for? Fools? When other parks Maxx passholders did not pay extra for other Ohio park parking or for early ride at Cedar Point get it for free while WE had to pay a total of $90 for those things?

Or you can add that Cedar Point passholders paid at least $50 (many paid $70) just to park for the season at their home park, while most renewing passholders at Kings Island paid ... nothing additional at all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a sneaky hunch that the press release dealing with pricing for HH will also include season pass information.

Anyway, there are so many rumors going around about season passes, HH pricing, ride removal etc. that all this speculating is causing more turmoil than it is really worth.

Unless you are a CF exec, nobody knows what is going on, but it sure has people talking!

Kind of like the same type of commotion that was caused by a certain coaster that opened in 2007 that turned out NOT to be an Aquatrax.

:lol:

And since 2008 Wonderland passes are NOT valid for the remainder of the 2007 season, that means that if you renew your Wonderland 2007 pass, you will have to keep it, in order to get into the park for the remainder of the 2007 season. It would be ridiculous, if they require you to turn in your 2007 pass when you purchase a 2008 pass and say, sorry, your new pass doesn`t begin working until NEXT year.

I know that Cedar Fair passes have always only been valid for the season in which they were issued. But, at Kings Island, the season passes have always been valid for admission for the last several weeks of the preceding season. I have to wonder if this practice at Kings Island has run its course. I suspect that this is more of Cedar Fair`s pricing integrety approach to admission into their parks.

And since 2008 Wonderland passes are NOT valid for the remainder of the 2007 season, that means that if you renew your Wonderland 2007 pass, you will have to keep it, in order to get into the park for the remainder of the 2007 season. It would be ridiculous, if they require you to turn in your 2007 pass when you purchase a 2008 pass and say, sorry, your new pass doesn`t begin working until NEXT year.

I know that Cedar Fair passes have always only been valid for the season in which they were issued. But, at Kings Island, the season passes have always been valid for admission for the last several weeks of the preceding season. I have to wonder if this practice at Kings Island has run its course. I suspect that this is more of Cedar Fair`s pricing integrety approach to admission into their parks.

Clearly season passes are not on sale yet, so the remainder of the season won't be as much of an issue. Don't forget that they black out after labor day weekend for almost a month. I imagine a press release will be out in mid-September-ish with the pass information. I'd predict (and again, this is a forward looking statement that is not in compliance with GAAP) that IF there is an upcharge for Halloween Haunt, you'd get the passholder discount with an 08 pass. Again, I am NOT announcing anything... I do NOT know for sure. I'm just Ryan... a nobody.

No, I know exactly what you mean Ryan. I was merely pointing out some of the noticeable changes that were made to the pass program at Wonderland from this year to last year. When passes go on sale doesn`t really bother me, because I know I`ll end up getting one before opening day of next season anyway.

(And for those that don`t know what GAAP stands for, it is generally accepted accounting principles).

No, I know exactly what you mean Ryan. I was merely pointing out some of the noticeable changes that were made to the pass program at Wonderland from this year to last year. When passes go on sale doesn`t really bother me, because I know I`ll end up getting one before opening day of next season anyway.

(And for those that don`t know what GAAP stands for, it is generally accepted accounting principles).

Yeah, that joke was kind of for those who are dedicated enough to listen to the conference calls. :rolleyes:

Looks like as mentioned earlier, Cedar Fair has done away with the MAXX/MAXX Plus pass naming at Michigan's Adventure, and created one "Platinum Pass" which gives the same access as the MAXX Plus pass used to. I suspect this will be the same at all the Parks.

This move alleviates some confusion that the three pass option created. Now you have the Regular one park admission pass and the chain wide pass.

The Platinum Pass also gives free parking to ANY Cedar Fair Park, a move sure to make many very happy.

Link to pass sales at Michigan's Adventure: http://www.miadventure.com/spass.shtml

As for CW, the Platinum Pass will go on sale later this year.

Looks like as mentioned earlier, Cedar Fair has done away with the MAXX/MAXX Plus pass naming at Michigan's Adventure, and created one "Platinum Pass" which gives the same access as the MAXX Plus pass used to. I suspect this will be the same at all the Parks.

This move alleviates some confusion that the three pass option created. Now you have the Regular one park admission pass and the chain wide pass.

The Platinum Pass also gives free parking to ANY Cedar Fair Park, a move sure to make many very happy.

Link to pass sales at Michigan's Adventure: http://www.miadventure.com/spass.shtml

As for CW, the Platinum Pass will go on sale later this year.

VERY interesting find. The down side is, we still really have no info! I mean, what's the difference between a Maxx Pass and a Platinum Pass? Are they the same thing? Will there be a Platinum Pass Plus? It doesn't say whether or not it will allow you into ALL of the Cedar Fair properties, although you can make that assumption from the context clues... all except for the water parks, which we still have no idea about.

Don't forget, Cedar Fair has been on kind of a name change kick recently, so maybe it is just the new Maxx Pass. Also, don't forget that CF is still kind of pouring the mold for the future of the company, so they may still be making a decision as to whether or not to have a Maxx Plus (or Platinum Plus). Like I said before, I was given official word that there would be a 3 tier pass system like this year, however things change... sometimes daily. Let's wait and see!

EDIT: Ohh... just noticed that it's labeled as a "Cedar Fair Platinum Pass Gift Certificate" I wonder what that's supposed to mean...

This is intresting.

According to the MA season pass page, this new Platinum Pass includes every CF park, including SC at CP (take a look at the CF park map).

Now if you include the parking pass, for every park as well, your total cost is $175.00.

But if you look at the CP season pass page: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...sses/prices.cfm

the 2007 Maxx Pass Plus with all Ohio parking is $240.

So does that mean:

1) CF dropped the pass prices? (somehow I doubt this)

2) The prices for CF season passes are different depending on which park you go to? (If this is true, I may be taking a trip to MA!

I am looking at it this way, I spent $625 for my Maxx Plus Pass/ Joe Cool/ Ohio parking passes this year for my family. Now I have the opportunity of spending only $495 for 2008? I'm gonna save $130.

Will someone please tell me if I am looking at this wrong....

Hallelujah AGAIN. These people ARE listening!

Platinum passes INCLUDE parking at ANY Cedar Fair park, it says at Michigan's Adventure. But there's more!

From the Michigan's Adventure Season Pass page:

2008 Season Parking Decal

Cost: $35.00 each

Season parking decals are good for unlimited parking at any Cedar Fair park during the 2008 operating season. Season Parking decals are applied to the windshield of a vehicle, and are non-transferable.

Guests who do not wish to purchase a decal may purchase a season parking pass printed on a photo ID card.

A CHOICE. Not a forced decal OR on the pass. Customer can pick. And INCLUDED with Platinum Passes, Available for $35 otherwise. And good at any Cedar Fair park. (not like the $75 for just Ohio parks parking for 2007, and even then you had to have a pass from an Ohio Cedar Fair park, one in the Carolinas, for example, would NOT work).It's about time.

I wonder if it is too much to hope for that home park pass perks are extended to all Platinum Passholders, as they should be?

Thanks, Cedar Fair....perhaps next year there will be no thread about Season Pass Complexity and Unfairness. Threads really don't matter, but upset, unhappy customers DO.

Remember that they adjust the price slightly depending on the market area. Buying a pass in Ohio is more expensive than just about anywhere else because of CP and KI.

Even so, I'd be shocked if it includes the waterparks for that price. I'd be surprised if they didn't offer a waterpark/non-waterpark pass option, but here's hoping.

http://www1.cedarfair.com/michigansadventu...season_pass.cfm

That is the link to where you actually would buy the MA season pass deal.

2008 Cedar Fair Platinum season pass gift certificate.

Valid for admission and parking at any Cedar Fair amusement park and outdoor water park.

so right there it is advertising as valid for ANY CF park or waterpark for admission and parking. However, I am still speculative since the FAQ is still for 2007 season so the fine details don't seem to be available.

Seems like they still have a lot of work to do in ironing out details. I am really surprised they even threw that page up with little info. Is it me or does CF seem to lack in the web development that isn't cedarpoint.com

i really cant wait till they have the 2008 passes for sale, and to find out whether they will be good for the remainder of the 2007 season. thanks for the heads up that info will be soon. ill be at the park september 8th, so the info should be out then, maybe i can get my pass that day!

Maxx Pass Plus Passes last season in the Fall were $150 but you had to buy parking passes or an All Ohio Pass. Michigan Adventure website states the pass is $140 and includes free parking for all the parks. That is a good deal. I hope Cedar Point releases information soon about 2008 passes. Has KI released any info yet about season passes for 2008?

i really cant wait till they have the 2008 passes for sale, and to find out whether they will be good for the remainder of the 2007 season. thanks for the heads up that info will be soon. ill be at the park september 8th, so the info should be out then, maybe i can get my pass that day!

I trust you are going with a group, as otherwise, the park is closed.

Hey Boddah1994, I bet now you wish this thread started with a press release. This is what you get when you say speculate 1,000 times.

On topic, I think CF needs to get all of its ducks in a row before they open the can of worms. If you open the can of worms early, they tend to get dried out or eaten.

Edit:man am I out of it, I thought I was reading the thread about FF or HH or was it PP being an up charge. Oh well either way I think Boddah1994 does too much speculaten or press releasen. I like the press releasen better.

I trust you are going with a group, as otherwise, the park is closed.

yes, as a matter of fact i am. my mom works as a temp at elano (apparently part of GE in some form or fashion), so we are going as a family.