2008 season passes

jondrewfoo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but from what i can tell, its a pretty empty day... they apparently have had extra tickets all the way up to the day of the event at the gate for those who actually work for GE, and it doesnt sell well. Does anyone know if Kings Island and GE have some kind of contract, where say they bought the park out in sptember one weekend for 5 or ten years etc? because the way my mom explained it, GE day isnt that mig of a hit with attendance, and that means they could be losing quite a bit of money on it, as id imagine being closed to the general public means it cost a lot to be like that...

When a company buys out a park, it generally buys out the park. It makes no difference in the flat fee portion of the contract if two people show up or 20,000. (There are usually minimums AND additional charges that apply if more than X number of people attend). Of course the portions relating to food and any included merchandise are different, but even then there are normally stated minimums. I doubt seriously that Kings Island is losing money on buy-outs. They usually even do one on an early June Sunday!

yeah, but from what i can tell, its a pretty empty day... they apparently have had extra tickets all the way up to the day of the event at the gate for those who actually work for GE, and it doesnt sell well. Does anyone know if Kings Island and GE have some kind of contract, where say they bought the park out in sptember one weekend for 5 or ten years etc? because the way my mom explained it, GE day isnt that mig of a hit with attendance, and that means they could be losing quite a bit of money on it, as id imagine being closed to the general public means it cost a lot to be like that...
Unless GE sells enough tickets to hit park capacity, then they're going to keep selling tickets, even the day of.

i really cant wait till they have the 2008 passes for sale, and to find out whether they will be good for the remainder of the 2007 season. thanks for the heads up that info will be soon. ill be at the park september 8th, so the info should be out then, maybe i can get my pass that day!

I highly doubt they will be doing season pass processing on a day that the park is bought, especially one so early in post season.

I think KI can justify an extra charge for Halloween Haunt as long as it meets the spectacle that they are playing it up to be.

Boomerang Bay on the other hand I do not think shoud ever cost extra. One of the greatest things about Kings Island is the ability to chill in BB on a hot summer day. Often the park has advertised about two great parks in one. I doubt many people would be able to accept an extra charge for the waterpark.

Post Number: 1000

Flashback for a moment to very first post:

firstpostgp5.png

TOPIC:

Do you think it would be cool if Eiffel Tower elevators were

all glass? I think it would be cool, and add more thrill to the ride. What do you think?

Happy Easter

I think it would be cool. Off topic but I was wondering if anyone has been to paris before to see the real Eiffel Tower. I got to go this past week and i must say, before I went I never would have believed that KI's was 1/3 but after seein the real thin, WOW. Its HUGE, you could seriously fit two football fields side by side underneith it. The first floor of the real thing is like as tall as the top of KI's. Yea, I was totally in awe!

Awe the days when we were so young and naive.

I highly doubt they will be doing season pass processing on a day that the park is bought, especially one so early in post season.

Maybe, maybe not. I think I recall CoastersRZ purchasing a Maxx Pass last year on P&G Day.

Any idea if Boomerang bay will still be free for next year? Or are they going to charge for the water park like the other Cedar Fair parks? My wife likes to hang out there with our 1 year old while I go to the park with our other son.

It's free at a lot of other CF parks too. Everyone just thinks that they're all upcharges because Soak City is.

Boomerang Bay has never been an extra fee that I know of. The press release for Haloween Haunt is to come out when? I hope they answer our questions also about season passes.

There's never really a 'due date' on press releases. Although I typically have an idea as to when something is going to happen, sometimes press release are as much of a surprise to me as they are to the rest of you. I can tell you that the Halloween Haunt press release likely won't be out until sometime after Labor Day, so I wouldn't get all worked up if we don't have the information by this weekend. Despite the rumors, press releases typically announce one thing at a time, so I wouldn't expect to have season pass information on it, although I was assured that season pass information would be released soon.

^So your saying that a Kings Island press release is like a single whopper some times with cheese. But your press release about a Kings Island press release is like a double whopper with cheese all the time. No wonder I like your press releases…………I just thought of some thing, what if the next KI press release allows you to write a press release that is like a triple whopper, oh now I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how I came up with this, but now I'm hungry.

Thanks for the replies about Boomerang Bay, I knew it was always free in the past, just making sure that it would probably stay that way.

Did not know that most Cedar Fair water parks were free, like some one said since I knew that Soak City was extra I assumed they all were. :unsure:

Thanks!

The 2008 season passes will hopefully go on sale soon. From my contacts I hear that the pass may only be good for next season and not the remainder of this season. Looking at other Cedar Fair parks, they dont have a history of selling a pass for the upcoming season that allows entrance for the rest of the current season. We will see!

^^ What you have to remember is, at SC, it is a resort. There is not much in the area of Sandusky to compete with SC and CP. At KI with BB there is competition. Right across the street.

But that doesn't mean it can't change. Anything is possible.

But chances are, no, BB will always be included with the admission to KI. And if SC was not turning a profit, the admission would have been changed years ago. Which could explain the new "CF Platinum Pass", if it stays the way that the MA website is explaining it.

Just received word that you could purchase your 2008 season passes just after labor day. But the park is closed from Sept. 4-22 so the 23rd you can purchase the 2008 pass. I think you cannot use your pass until 2008 however, So dont be suprised if that is the case. If you have a 2007 pass then keep that until the season is over or the last day so you can enjoy the Haunt. Turnside you may miss the special deals like parking. Choose wisely

Inside Scoop

Yes, as Ryan said, I did purchase my 2007 Maxx Pass at Kings Island on P&G day last year. I hadn`t intended on buying my pass that day. But, Kings Island were offering a special deal of $20 off passes. I couldn`t refuse the offer to buy a Maxx Pass for $105 as opposed to the $125 they were selling for last fall!

It will be interesting to see how the purchasing works this year. If you buy your `08 pass before the end of the 07 operating season, will that then make your 07 pass void at the park for the remainder of the season? Or will you still be able to utilize your 2007 season pass for the remainder of the season, and then have the 2008 one for next year. It would really stink if you couldn`t continue to use your 2007 pass for the remainder of this year after you buy a 2008 pass.

Yes, as Ryan said, I did purchase my 2007 Maxx Pass at Kings Island on P&G day last year. I hadn`t intended on buying my pass that day. But, Kings Island were offering a special deal of $20 off passes. I couldn`t refuse the offer to buy a Maxx Pass for $105 as opposed to the $125 they were selling for last fall!

It will be interesting to see how the purchasing works this year. If you buy your `08 pass before the end of the 07 operating season, will that then make your 07 pass void at the park for the remainder of the season? Or will you still be able to utilize your 2007 season pass for the remainder of the season, and then have the 2008 one for next year. It would really stink if you couldn`t continue to use your 2007 pass for the remainder of this year after you buy a 2008 pass.

From my inside track, Once you buy that 2008 pass, the 2007 pass will be gone in the wind! And you may not use that 2008 pass until 2008. Dont get tricked

I'm not sure I'd use the Whopper analogy, since, given the perspective of time, looking back at press releases can make you realize they sometimes tell quite the Whoppers. Example?

Here's one of many:

http://www.coastergallery.com/2000T/sfoNews3.html

I was hungry and I don't like McDonalds. Besides the Whopper is the only real burger with some real meat in it, and Boddah1994's press releases tend to have some good meat in them like a Whopper.

InsideMan, it doesn`t make sense if you purchase a 2008 pass before the end of the season that you would be unable to use the 2007 pass the remainder of the 2007 season. That means you won`t be visiting the park anymore, and spending (potentially) even more money at the park. Would a struggling company really want people that are giving them money for a new season pass who had a pass this season, to be barred from entering the park for a couple weeks during the Halloween events? Sure doesn`t seem like people not getting into the park would HELP their bottom line and per capita spending.

From my inside track, Once you buy that 2008 pass, the 2007 pass will be gone in the wind! And you may not use that 2008 pass until 2008. Dont get tricked

Huh?

So you are telling me that when I purchase my pass FOR 2008, my 2007 pass is invalid?

That makes no sense. They cannot invalidate a 2007 pass because of a pass purchased in 2008.

Sounds like your "inside track" is on the outside looking in.

Either back your statement up, or troll somewhere else.

I do NOT have official word on this, but since the program is switching to a Platinum Pass for the other parks, we can only assume the same with KI... which means that you'd be issued a new pass anyway. Why not just tell them that you didn't have a pass last year? I doubt they'll have a renewal rate that's really worth cutting out the ends of the season for IF that's the case.

Huh?

So you are telling me that when I purchase my pass FOR 2008, my 2007 pass is invalid?

That makes no sense. They cannot invalidate a 2007 pass because of a pass purchased in 2008.

Sounds like your "inside track" is on the outside looking in.

Either back your statement up, or troll somewhere else.

I do know that an 08 pass is NOT valid in 07, however I don't think you have to sacrifice your 07 pass.

I want a cool VIP pull over jacket when I get my pass. KI should offer some incentive like CP is or else I may just get my pass there. Since they are likely rolling the Gold Pass benefits in with Joe Cool benefits...it now matters a lot less which park is your home park. Maybe they'll even find a way to do away with having to sign in at a park which is not your home park.

I want a cool VIP pull over jacket when I get my pass. KI should offer some incentive like CP is or else I may just get my pass there. Since they are likely rolling the Gold Pass benefits in with Joe Cool benefits...it now matters a lot less which park is your home park. Maybe they'll even find a way to do away with having to sign in at a park which is not your home park.

Magic 8 Ball says that you should probably read this post again.