Nickelodeon Parade

CoasterKrazy

Was the Nickelodeon Parade soundtrack played over speakers mounted on the floats themselves, or was the available park infrastructure used? If the latter of the two, did the park update the sound system in order to account for the moving of the parade, or was it designed in such a way (unlike most Disney parades) that certain parts could only be heard at certain locations along the route?

• Like 1

The park brought in temporary speakers for the parade. However, they also utilized the existing speakers in the areas of the park for the parade soundtrack. Upon my most recent visit to Kings Island this past Sunday, I noticed that they have replaced several of the old speakers that used to reside atop the Games building in Coney Mall with new speakers.

As an aside, the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade that has spent all summer at Carowinds is hitting the road. It is going across the country, and will finish out the remainder of the season at Great America, out in California.

i know this one!!

i was in it :) and oh how I missed the parade!!!

It All really depended on where we started that day... So yea and the music was actually played through out the current speakers already in the park (yes there where SOME brought in for us in areas where there were VERY little speakers (ie funnel cake and viking fury))

.. Last year (06) we had an issue and couldnt get the music going one day.. so the WHOLE park had to listen to the music..

*my lil brother was laughing and doing the dance in the water park when he was working over there*

If but in a sense.. if we came from coney island.. it was always the same thing the same place.. we had desinated stops, did our show stops/games/interactions. in the same place on the way from Coney Mall TO Nick Universe each time

And it was the same exact thing.. On the way from Nick Universe TO Coney Mall... Same music same stops for when we went that directions... Diffrent stops going this way but they where ALWAYS the same coming from this direction.

And where ever you stood. As long as you got there early (coney mall was perfect less kids over there then in Nick Universe and ur child/kids could see dora or whoever better) You could see the whole parade pass by you.

• 12 years later...

When it was rethemed from HB to Nickelodeon Central in 2006 the watermaze was cut down in size and re-themed to Spongebob. The entrance featured a small scale of Spongebob's pineapple house you walked through.

I don't have more information to that other than it sits where the current flying scooters and adjoining area is now. The "Cystal Slime" soft-play/ball pit play area is where Runaway Reptar/whatever it's called now is currently.

Not sure if it was used in the early Peanuts era or not.

• Like 1