Has this ever happened to you @ KI?

odettekitrigisele

I have been going to KI for over twenty years now, and never have I experienced what I experienced this past Tuesday. It's not earth shattering, I have just NEVER had this happen.

My boyfriend and I were on The Vortex (one of our favorites) and when we pulled back to the station there were not many people in line and no one was in line for the last car (our car). So we just sat there and looked around and I said "I guess we better get out" and the people in front of us said "If there is no one in line you can ride again." I have never done this at KI. I was afraid we might get in trouble but before I knew it the restraint locked and we were off. A double ride, dang that was fun.

The 2nd thing that happened was that we went over to see how bad the line on dropzone was and to our astonishment there were two guys in line! Just two people before us. It was so strange seeing the que empty.

The ride was great as always, but it does not turn around as it climbs like it used to. Can anyone explain this to me? I'm sure it has been talked about, I just haven't been on here for a little while.

We had a great time, however I did miss riding Tomb Raider, I bought a TR shirt for 60% off though!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done being silly now. Everyone have a nice day and I would appreciate any information on the dropzone question. THANKS!!!!!! P.S Extreme Skyflier was $5 that was so cool!!!!

^I've had double rides on most of the rides at KI at some point, although all of them were under Paramount times. I think the most I ever stayed on was about 10 times for Adventure Express. I always thought that CF had a policy against double rides though so I'm surprised you were allowed to stay on.

^I've had double rides on most of the rides at KI at some point, although all of them were under Paramount times. I think the most I ever stayed on was about 10 times for Adventure Express. I always thought that CF had a policy against double rides though so I'm surprised you were allowed to stay on.

It suprised me too, but they didn't seem to care at all. It was like we were invisible! Weird, but fun! :P

I am not sure why CF would have a problem with second rides especially on rides like AE especially with CF being all about capacity. When I was a supervisor at AE, I would let anyone ride again if they wanted as long as there was no one in line for their seat. If there was someone in line, then they could go find an empty seat.

I dont think there is a policy on double rides because I have had double rides on Face/Off, Top Gun, Racer, Vortex, and many other rides and have never asked just simply stayed in the seat. Even when there was somebody in line i would just move to another row without anybody. I have done it the whole season and have never been asked to get off.

Sometimes the spinning mechanism on DZ doesn't work. It doesn't affect the public being able to ride.

I tried to get a re-ride on Son of Beast one time (before CF) and they would not let me. They told me that I had to walk around and get back in line, which there was none.

i am still confused about the drop zone thing
What's there to be confused about. It is not currently turning when it goes up. There is an electric motor that turns the gondola as it goes up. It's not operating right now. The ride used to do 2 turns but due to wear and difficulty positioning of the gondola the dropped it down to 1. At the moment it is doing 0. Could be temporary or perminant.

As for Double rides, any ride I have ever worked, as long as there was no one waiting for the seat you were in you could stay on, and even then if it was early or late and a lot of other seats were open, we didnt care if you hopped in a different seat. Heck all it does is makes people happy and improves our capacity numbers.:)

Cedar Fair and Paramount Parks have never seen it that way. If KD's is a gyro drop, then how can Kings Island claim to have the " tallest Gyro Drop in the World!" while Kings Dominion says it has "The largest drop ride in North America[?]" Obviously, Cedar Fair (and Paramount Parks before it) does NOT see Drop Zone at KD as a gyro drop.

the best one i had was at Cedar Point in the old dogems two were dragster is now but me and my friends got to ride non stop for about 7 times in a row he kept on askin if we wanted to go again and everyone said yes till there was people in line. like 25 minutes of non stop bumper cars.

I have been going to KI for over twenty years now, and never have I experienced what I experienced this past Tuesday. It's not earth shattering, I have just NEVER had this happen.

My boyfriend and I were on The Vortex (one of our favorites) and when we pulled back to the station there were not many people in line and no one was in line for the last car (our car). So we just sat there and looked around and I said "I guess we better get out" and the people in front of us said "If there is no one in line you can ride again." I have never done this at KI. I was afraid we might get in trouble but before I knew it the restraint locked and we were off. A double ride, dang that was fun.

The 2nd thing that happened was that we went over to see how bad the line on dropzone was and to our astonishment there were two guys in line! Just two people before us. It was so strange seeing the que empty.

The ride was great as always, but it does not turn around as it climbs like it used to. Can anyone explain this to me? I'm sure it has been talked about, I just haven't been on here for a little while.

We had a great time, however I did miss riding Tomb Raider, I bought a TR shirt for 60% off though!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done being silly now. Everyone have a nice day and I would appreciate any information on the dropzone question. THANKS!!!!!! P.S Extreme Skyflier was $5 that was so cool!!!!

Haha well double rides always happen to me but of course I live lik 5 min. away from Kings Island. Yep livin the good life.

Haha well double rides always happen to me but of course I live lik 5 min. away from Kings Island. Yep livin the good life.

Dang familyguy you are lucky! 5 min. away! I'm maybe 25-30 min. away, not too terrible.

By the way....who is your favorite character on Family Guy? I love that show. I think Herbert is pretty funny. I quote him way too much. :lol: