More open area

beastrider97

• 3 weeks later...

^ Yep. So, CF is trying to do anything possible to gain profit. The reason they got rid of GL is because it would make more profit to sell the rides and abandon the upkeep, then to try to save GL. So, CF is in massive debt, just like every other company that does anything with amusement parks.

^ Yep. So, CF is trying to do anything possible to gain profit. The reason they got rid of GL is because it would make more profit to sell the rides and abandon the upkeep, then to try to save GL. So, CF is in massive debt, just like every other company that does anything with amusement parks.

The reason they got rid of GL is because it would make more profit to sell the rides and abandon the upkeep, then to try to save GL. So, CF is in massive debt, just like every other company that does anything with amusement parks.

Debt or no debt, keeping a business like GL operating that continues to lose money is plain dumb.

Not really. When CF bought Kings Island from Paramount they ran into issues that they had to deal with and have been since their purchase. It takes time to make a profit. Paramount let the park go to pot and CF is trying very hard to bring it back to what it once was and making it BETTER!!

I have seen a lot of changes in this past year - all positive!

An area I have a lot of expertise in is Halloween Haunt - look at Fear Fest and look at ONE year of changes by Cedar Fair. Fear Fest last year started out lame at best. Some of the attractions were great but some - come on worksite originally??? The scare actors were exposed and abused. CornStalkers started out awesome and just got larger and better!! Keep in mind that Cedar Fair bought out the park around July I believe so they started out with what Paramount had as fear fest then took a good look at it the first weekend. From that first weekend started the changes. I loved fear fest anyway but now WOW.

Now this year we have the same amount of creepers (those that slide after you) but this year they added 20 scare actor "roamers" that are every bit as scary and fun as the creepers. They have moved those creepers / roamers through out the park instead of just in coney maul (which I am sorry to say is not as active with creepers as it once was but on positive side you can find them all over now) More scare actors in each attraction, new attractions and much better shows - well maybe not the great baldini but that is just me - I get a little skiddish at that kind of stuff. Dead Awakening is completely awesome!! Yes it is geared toward more mature audiences but so is all of Haunt. Their shows now use college kids that have theater as their majors so you have more professional shows than ever before - anyone remember the lame keroke shows??? OMG some cute but some where is the hook when you want it??

Take a look around - I can go on forever on the new improvements in just Halloween Haunt alone.

Special note on the improvement on the shows - Did anyone notice this year the shows were much better done?? More talent?? Those same college Theater majors that are doing the Dead Awakening shows also did the summer shows. These awesome and talented preformers are nearing the end of their college days and some are already heading out into their careers after this season so you are really getting some great talent out there. And the ICE shows? Did you know we had a skater that just barely missed the olympics?? The rest are mostly professional skaters that do this for a living and make a very good living at it?? One woman is a regular professional preformer with Disney on Ice that is at Us Bank arena this week!! Yes Cedar Fair did their homework and brought us great entertainment!!

I do have a suggestion for Kings Island Merchandising - try stocking more PENS and PINS with the Cedar Fair Kings Island logo on them. Yes I collect both and they are great advertisement when they are seen throughout the areas. Heck I am a walking talking advertisement for the park. Wheelchair bound yet still able to have just as much fun as my walking counterparts??

Look around and you tell me if you have not seen improvements.....Cedar Fair you have a true fan in me!!

I agree with Karen I came home on my Fall break which isnt much of a break but none the less I at least got to go to the park for one more experience. The Haunt this year is AMAZING. Better then what fearfest had ever been, at least in my personal opinion. Haunts are suppose to be scary and all im hearing are people saying that things are disturbing etc. Well I thought that is what you were suppose to get?? When you want to be scared arent the things that are the most out there or the craziest things what you want to see? I know I do..

As far as everthing else in the park I will agree with karen as well on that, THEY ARE IN DEBT lets face it! BAD DEBT, so im just giving them a chance. Think of it this way, they really have only had full control for one season, and its one of the best seasons I can remember...

Just a side note... WOW IS THE SOB SMOOTH NOW!!! Its my first time riding it since they put the new track and trains on it and man im really impressed!! And that curve hump thing is actually kinda fun to! ;) Great job CF!

^ If they indeed do that I really think that would be one of the stupidest things they could do and to me this would show that they really want Cedar Point to remain there main park. Kings Island I would venture to say could have the ablilty to grow where it is attracting 6-7 million guest a year. They have plenty of room to build coasters and world class thrill rides, also they have more than enough room to have a waterpark that is bigger and better than most parks that are waterpark only and still have a nice chunk of land to expand the kiddie area this way they are really attracting people from all groups.

I think it would be cool to have a parking garage with large elevators and exits. This could elimate both the need for a tram, and people would have a 20 minute walk to thier cars. Also this could free up massive amounts of land.

Well I was tlaking to one of my friends that works at KI and he told me they were already trying to sell KI .. but you know just like those dipin dots guys .. u dont know whats true and whats false

I don't know where people come up with this stuff but trust me,KI is in no danger of closing because in the former PP chain it ranked highest in attendance alongside CWL & KD.If any former PP park gets sold it would probably be Carowinds.

Well according to my friend he said this last year they actually lost money and didnt make any profit from the park .. thats just what he heard tho who knows if its acurate or not .. god knows i dont believe it but hey im just passing on info that has been given to me lol

I doubt it would be Carowinds, the only one I could see being sold is Great America.

You may have a point there because one of the advantages that both Carowinds & KD have are their location in the southeast/mid atlantic allows for a longer operating season thus a chance of increased revenues for the company.

Now I don't see GA going anywhere either at this point though,CF seems willing at this point to fight against the 49er's attempts to purchase the property for purposes of constructing a new stadium.

^ If they indeed do that I really think that would be one of the stupidest things they could do and to me this would show that they really want Cedar Point to remain there main park. Kings Island I would venture to say could have the ablilty to grow where it is attracting 6-7 million guest a year.

When has CF ever showed that they did not want CP to remain the flagship park? Sorry to say, if you ever thought that CP would not be CF's crown jewel, you were only fooling yourself.

Even with that, the selling of land shows and proves nothing. Why pay taxes on land that would not be able to be used for 30 years? Sell parts of it off, make some money, and then the park also has the opportunity of bringing in more people to the area. More attractions mean more people. And that is only if the selling of land rumor is true.

And your thought of attracting 6-7 million guests/ year is inflated. Those kind of figures go along with year-round parks in Florida. Certianly not a seasonal park. And if 6 million were even concievable, can you imagine the crowds? The park is open about 130 days/ year. If attendance were to be 6 million, that would be an average of over 46,000 everyday. Heck USF brought in about 6 million in '06 and IoA was even below that.