Drop Zone Closed (Scary Sight)

Ki Man

So yeah, I know DZ had been closed since the 17th; I was there when it happened! But yesterday I was at the park and saw DZ right at the checkered area between the red and yellow section. I got off B. Racer and saw the cables twisted out and around and the carrier in the red section. Scary sight!

Seeing it like this was really creepy.

dscn3447kj8.jpg

dscn3448bd6.jpg

dscn3449zw3.jpg

The cables weren't swaying in the wind like they were loose or something...they weren't moving at all.

KI ":(" Man

Very scary indeed, something is wrong with this ride but not only with the cables. My wife and kids rode on it with some friends of ours Friday and the restraints didn’t open after the ride was over. It took four engineers thirty minutes to finally manually release the riders from captivity.

I like the Drop Zone but a complete top to bottom inspection needs to be made before letting anyone else risk their lives.

Whenever there is a problem with a ride, the safest place is in the restraints (other than maybe the midway), especially if the ride is not moving. Usually if the restraints will not open it is because of a safety system of the rides. If you're on a ride such as DZ, TRTR, Delerium, etc. you're not going to be in danger if you're in the seat.

I agree but many small problems on one ride could show signs of a bigger problem with that ride. It is always better to be safe then sorry later.

One more note, it may be safer to be stuck in the restraints but it is still hard and/or scary for the people stuck. One little girl was crying her eyes out because she was petrified she was never going to get out.

^They guarantee that, eh? I'm going to have to go ahead and say no to that. They're safe, no doubt about it. But there's never a "guarantee" that brakes are going to work properly. Right, Magnum XL-200?

^They guarantee that, eh? I'm going to have to go ahead and say no to that. They're safe, no doubt about it. But there's never a "guarantee" that brakes are going to work properly. Right, Magnum XL-200?

Yea cause you know... Magnum has magnetic brakes and all...

Earth magnets cannot loose their magnetism, simple as that so, yes they guarententee that.

Actually rare-earth magnets, such as the ones in Drop Zones brakes, are considered perminant and as long as they aren't exposed to excessive electromagnetic fields or extremem heat, they will retain their strength forever with no loss of strength.

I call that a nice big pwning.

I think they need to go inside the tower and one of the pullies inside the tower might have broke, or a cable got jammed inside somewhere. It looks like it happend from inside the tower,cause I cant see something on the outside that could of cause this.

NO MY BABY IS BROKE!!!! :o I hope it opens in time for my Fearfest visit in October. Drop Zone is one of my favorte rides i cant beleive it. Plus i wouldnt mind being stuck in the seats because Intamin makes some pretty comfy seats if i do say so myself. BUT WHY DROP ZONE!!! WHY!?!?!