Worst thing about KI?

Dvo

There's a lot of banter about things that people don't like. What's the absolute worst?

I'm picking Chili Vision because after seeing the same music video 50 times in the same day I just want to blow my brains out.

Skyline Chili Vision in the queues isn't that bad because it plays such contemporary hits as Huey Lewis and the News "Hip To Be Square." But more seriously I'm usually not in line that long that it would bother me to hear a song over and over but I do every once in a while hear a song I know so that's good.

The employees are usually pretty good in being happy and making everyone else's experience likewise but there have been several times when I've tried to give a high five to an employee but they've left me hanging; very demoralizing.

My vote was for prices, especially the food.

Uhh I think Delirium has an automatic cycle, it should stop on it's own.

And I agree with Vortex having a really bad crew this year. They stack every train, it takes them almost 3 minutes to send one train. They really are no point to even run 3 trains. But thats okay, cause more then likely the ride will be going down to 2 train operation for the rest of the year, like they do every season after Labor Day.

Uhh I think Delirium has an automatic cycle, it should stop on it's own.

And I agree with Vortex having a really bad crew this year. They stack every train, it takes them almost 3 minutes to send one train. They really are no point to even run 3 trains. But thats okay, cause more then likely the ride will be going down to 2 train operation for the rest of the year, like they do every season after Labor Day.

I dont know how they ran the ride when you were there but I have NEVER seen them take trains of Vortex after labor day. I dont ever recall that in 2002 or before, and certainly, 2003 and after they have not done so. Adventure Express is another story but Vortex, never. Also yea, all the rides are automatic, there no flat ride that doesnt stop by itself.

The queue music this year is a breath of fresh air after constantly having to watch scenes of Tom Cruise movies during the Paramount years. I agree, however, that there should be more of a variety of queue music. At least Firehawk has some different music. Also in some of the lines you can hardly hear the music. What good is having music as a diversion from waiting in line if you can hardly hear it?

Prices are high, but they're pretty much high at all amusement parks. That's just how the industry thrives. My vote for worst thing goes to the progressive decline of ride themeing. Example: Top Gun and Kings Mills Railroad. I'm happy that some of the themeing elements have been restored on Adventure Express, but what's up with the train. It used to be so much better when the bear, the beavers and the rifles worked and before the fort was all overgrown with weeds. And don't get me going on Top Gun. I love that ride but come on, give it a paint job already! On a related note, it would also be nice to see all the lights working correctly on Racer and the Carousel. They're just a little more classic I think when all the lights are working.

The employees are a little lame this year, but maybe it's becuase I'm getting older. Call me crazy but I just don't thing the 16 year old ride operator cares about my safety, ride loading times, or anything else of that matter but when there getting off from work and when there getting together with there friends. I know it's just a job, but come on. I know the amusment parks are in a stuggle here becuase you can't find seasonal help that is also good help. Raise a family and support yourself on a low paying seasonal job, it doesn't happen.

My question is where does all this money go that these amusment parks see, think about it. All the parking, ticket sells, and the crazy food prices. Someone getting rich!

The employees are a little lame this year, but maybe it's becuase I'm getting older. Call me crazy but I just don't thing the 16 year old ride operator cares about my safety, ride loading times, or anything else of that matter but when there getting off from work and when there getting together with there friends. I know it's just a job, but come on. I know the amusment parks are in a stuggle here becuase you can't find seasonal help that is also good help. Raise a family and support yourself on a low paying seasonal job, it doesn't happen.

My question is where does all this money go that these amusment parks see, think about it. All the parking, ticket sells, and the crazy food prices. Someone getting rich!

Uhhhh... no.

All that money is paying off the nearly 2 billion in debt Cedar Fair picked up by acquiring the parks.

Did you honestly think that any park operator is in the business not to make money?

For that matter, do you honestly think that any business owner's first priority is not to make money?

I'd say just the year 2007. Why do I say that? It's a transitional year. Cedar Fair has done some amazing things to Kings Island... and also did some things that didn't go over so well. Regardless, it's their first time out with this and they're still working out the kinks. Things will go better, smoother, and more consistant as time goes on.

Personally I find this interesting.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/articles/2...ront/270613.txt

Just to recap:

Dick Kinzel earned $1.1 million, in addition to a $1.2 million bonus last year, according to the company's recently filed proxy report. In 2005, Kinzel earned $930,000 in addition to a $465,000 bonus.

Kinzel also received equity awards totaling $1.4 million.

The board of directors determines the executives' salaries, as well as their bonuses, said director of investor relations Stacy Frole. Kinzel also provides input in determining the executive officers' compensation packages.

Kinzel also received $44,451 toward his 401K.

Kinzel's salary and bonuses are not a surprise.

Under his direction, CF has made an abnoxious amount of money. Especially 2000 to 2005 when CF's stock rose over 50%.

CF's board of directors made a whole load of cash, and, the board tends not to forget that kind of thing.

Not to mention, I'm sure he has certain incentives in his contract. When those are reached, that is when the bonuses (i.e. 401K) really kick in.

It's just too bad that the print media does not mention those types of things.

Worst thing? The lack of a coaster made by Intamin or B&M. Seriously, what have they been doing for the past 15 years? I can forgive 5 years or so, but it's hard to think a coaster by either of those companies would be less successful than anything they have put in over that time period. The addition of such a coaster would encourage me to visit at least an additional 2-3 times a year.