HALLOWEEN HAUNT

PKIVortex

Halloween Haunt

A New Level of Fear is Coming This Fall

EVERYONE'S DYING TO GET IN.

There’s an all new level of fear this October! Halloween Haunt – Kings Island’s new bone-chilling Halloween event – will feature twice the number of monsters, new highly intense and terrifying attractions, and a longer haunt time for guests. Nothing is off limits!

Gates to the underword for Halloween Haunt AT Kings Island will be open from 7pm - 1am every Friday and Saturday night from September 28 through October 27 and daily from 7pm until Midnight October 28 - 31.

Halloween Haunt will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents please be advised.

There's only one place around with 13 haunted attractions including chain link mazes, frightening wooded trails, demented clowns in 3D, and some of the most hair-raising rides on the planet.

Nice! Looks like it's gonna be a great year for FearF...err, Halloween Haunt.

http://www1.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/spec...aunt/index.html

And it looks like the train haunt is back...but different

Tombstone Terror-TORY

RIVERTOWN TRAIN RIDE – 8pm until 1am

Covered bridges and foggy terrain disguise the evil that lurks in every direction as you travel aboard a midnight train. But don’t be alarmed. We guarantee you’ll make it to your final destination!

Fearfest...err...Halloween Haunt is one of my favorite times at Kings Island. I'm so glad that this year I will be back in the cincy area in time for the event and will get to take my whole family. Myself, wife, and all 5 of our kids will be using our Maxx Passes, this is always a great event and I'm sure Cedar Fair will make it even better.

I wonder if this will be an upcharge? I surely hope not.

Where can I purchase tickets?

Information will be available soon.

How much does all of this in-your-face terror cost?

Where can I purchase tickets?

The above was taken from general information page on the new HH website.

hmm... everything sounds good.... like many i wish they would of kept it fearfest but this looks like it will be better than ever before. A few things I noticed though it says from 7pm-1am but then if you look at the parks calander it says on Saturdays it would be from 12pm-1am and says Nick or Treat and Halloween Haunt..... so hopefully they will be open that long for saturdays. That would sure make it more worth me driving 5 hours to get there. Another thing on the Halloween Haunt main page is a coaster that I don't think exists at Kings Island. So what I was thinking is that maybe this could be a teaser for next year or just that it's more of a generic use everywhere image.

So 13 haunts, and 6 hours to roam... I think they can all be done in one night! I'm going to try my hardest, that's for sure. I'll have to establish a plan before I go... Here's the ones I'm really excited about:

Massacre Manor

Tombstone Terrortory

Club Blood

Trail of Terror

The Cemetery

Sounds great, doesn't sound like they are going to force some crap in Action Theatre like they usually do. Seems like Cedar Fair sees how big of a hit KI is this time of year and wants to step it up a little.

I'm excited to see the execution of the train ride, from what I hear last year it was horrible. Club blood seems kind of small for an attraction, but I haven't seen the building up close so I can't really judge.

I'm guessing Red Beards Revenge is going to be where the western house was last year?

Looks like HH will be my first trip to the park this year, regardless, I"m pumped...

I gotta say that one of my favorite attractions ever at Fearfest was Route 666. If I had to pick my 3 favorites ithey would probably be:

Museum of Horrors (Phantom Theater Transformed)-2000

Torture Tower (Eiffel Tower first level)-2000

Route 666 (Antique Cars Transformed)-2003

I felt that these were the most... Unique and creative of the Fearfest attractions.

Torture Tower was actually on the lower 265 foot platform of the tower, not the 275 foot platform. I was lucky enough to work on that attraction one evening, in full make-up. They had to have a ride op at the top next to the stair well, which was left unlocked in case of an emergency. But they gave us something to do to help scare people. We got to pull a mummy out of a box which has fog rolling out of it. I got some people really good.

Torture Tower was actually on the lower 265 foot platform of the tower, not the 275 foot platform. I was lucky enough to work on that attraction one evening, in full make-up. They had to have a ride op at the top next to the stair well, which was left unlocked in case of an emergency. But they gave us something to do to help scare people. We got to pull a mummy out of a box which has fog rolling out of it. I got some people really good.

Yes. You. Did.

Thanks, I think.

Curse of the Crypt used to be my favorite haunt too.

This year's Fear Fest -or whatever they want to call it- sounds like its going to be awesome! I'm really interested to see what club blood is going to be like- it sounds... interesting. I'm also pumped that the park is open daily the week of Halloween. That will be a great time to go, because hopefully the lines will be more reasonable. Only 5 more weeks! lol.

I noticed that "suggestive themes" is listed as one of the parental warnings. Club Blood is obviosly one of the reasons... anyone who knows if they're refering to something else? Like freeroamers or anything? My little brothers goes with us and we don't want him... or us for that matter around that sorta thing.

Seems like Cedar Fair sees how big of a hit KI is this time of year and wants to step it up a little.

CF actually already knew.

At CP the Satudays during Halloweekends with good weather are considerably busier than Saturdays in July and August.

So busy, in fact, that one particular weekend the park was almost sold out of food.

But now with having the same type of Halloween event at KI, and certainly the potential for better weather than the shores of Lake Erie, CF can really splurge on some attractions that they were not willing to spend the money on at CP.

I can actually see CF spending more for the KI Halloween events than the events at CP in a couple years.

PS: I hope your right about CF spending more at KI, that would be AWESOME!

Well the weather overall is no doubt better in SW Ohio than the shores of Lake Erie.

CP's biggest draw over KI is still the resorts, especially that time of year.

http://halloweekends.cedarpoint.com/public...current_root=27

http://halloweekends.cedarpoint.com/public...current_root=28

They really do go all out for Halloweekends. I also looked to see what the room availability was like, and at this time there were no rooms available at any CP property (excluding Castaway Bay) for the first week of HW.

But I will still go back to the weather factor. Why spend big bucks for a park with questionable weather vs. spending bigger bucks at a park with considerable better weather?

Now if GWL is really paying attention, they will do the samething in their hotel rooms as CP during KI's Halloween Haunt. What a huge marketing stratagy that could be!