HALLOWEEN HAUNT

PKIVortex

^ Well yeah! Also, why go to CP's haunt when you could to "GhostlyManor" up there for cheaper and get better scares? IDK. -Hauntguy

In that case... why did I go to FearFest up to this year when I can go to Nightmare Estates or USS Nightmare for cheaper and get better scares?

Impressive... Open until 1am on many nights, and for 6 nights straight until Halloween.

(and this is from someone who doesn't care for frightening Halloween blood/gore).

I've also noticed the map on the Halloween Haunt page is missing Firehawk and Son of Beast (both are supposed to be operating during Haunt), partly because it's last years Fearfest map.

I hate the name "Halloween Haunt" It sounds so innocent! Fear Fest is somuch better!

Psyco Path now...."Trail of Terror"?!?! WOW....sooooo original. I hate that name.

The Cemetary sounds like a VERY nice place for a scare zone.

"Club Blood" ? What is in the heck is that?! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

PS: I hope your right about CF spending more at KI, that would be AWESOME!

Well the weather overall is no doubt better in SW Ohio than the shores of Lake Erie.

They really do go all out for Halloweekends. I also looked to see what the room availability was like, and at this time there were no rooms available at any CP property (excluding Castaway Bay) for the first week of HW.

Oh, please, if you want to see a Cedar Fair park decked out for Halloween, then go to where it all started...the REAL Halloween Haunt at Knott's Berry Farm, now in it's 35th season.

Get this:

- NINE mazes

- TWO rethemed rides (like Route 666 and the Museum of Horrors)

- FOUR scare zones (as in they encompass an entire themed area of the park)

- FIVE shows (including the cult-favorite Hanging show)

- well over 1,000 MONSTERS in the event (one scare zone has a good 150 of 'em just roaming the streets)

So, um, yeah, the Haunt at the Farm rocks so bad, and, um, apparently, they're re-designing our FearFest to mirror the Farm's, so, um, yeah, ours should totally rock as well.

We are heading the Halloween Haunt the end of October. Already have our flight out of Seattle booked. I am concerned about all of the "parents discretion advised" comments I am reading both at this site and at the KI site. Does anyone know what age they are talking about? We are traveling with a 10, 12 and 14 year old. Mostly lookign forward to riding all of the rollar coasters and can not see us attending the Nick or Treat sessions.

Any input would be helpful. I have reviewed all pictures that have been posted and it really does not seem that bad.

Thanks

We are heading the Halloween Haunt the end of October. Already have our flight out of Seattle booked. I am concerned about all of the "parents discretion advised" comments I am reading both at this site and at the KI site. Does anyone know what age they are talking about? We are traveling with a 10, 12 and 14 year old. Mostly lookign forward to riding all of the rollar coasters and can not see us attending the Nick or Treat sessions.

Any input would be helpful. I have reviewed all pictures that have been posted and it really does not seem that bad.

Thanks

I think that it depends on your child’s emotional maturity. My kids were 11 when they did their first haunted house and they were fine. We took them through corn stalkers when they were 10 and it scared them so we didn't go through the houses. If your kids spook easily I would suggest not bringing them, but on the flip side, I have seen plenty of younger kids going through the houses and are just fine. Keep in mind that the scareactors like to go after the teens and pre-teens since they can get a good scare out of them, so they may be a target especially if they look scared.

It actually goes through the exit for White Water Canyon, and not the actual queue line. The actual queue line has a series of stairs to get up to the bridge that crosses the train tracks. The exit on the other hand has a series of ramps that lead up to the bridge. And, they like to place lots of fog machines on the bridge that goes over WWC. It is almost impossible to see a foot in front of you on that bridge, let alone any scaracter that might be lurking to shriek at you!

Thanks

Oh wow! All the way from Seattle?

You have to understand the nature of the event. It's not just haunted houses, but there are also walk-around characters which will hide on the midways and jump out at you. They even chase people if they really feel like they can get away with it. That is what the park is most concerned with. Also, please read the attractions page for Halloween Haunt. Some things are considered "Rated R" and may have suggestive themes. Particularly, Club Bood will be a haunted dance club and will feature some things that are not appropriate for children.

Then again, Kings Island does not know the maturity level of your kids, but you do. Click on the link for that attractions page above and make a decision for yourself. But once again, the park does not recommend bringing small children to Halloween Haunt.

Thanks everyone for your input. The kids have done many corn mazes and haunted houses in the past couple of years. I guess we will jsut have to wait and see when we get there.

Like I mentioned, we are mostly looking forward to the thrill rides. From what I can tell, all of the thrill rides are open during Nick or Treat sessions during the day. Can anyone confirm this? I have emailed KI with a few questions but have yet to hear back on any of them.

Thanks!!

You have to understand the nature of the event. It's not just haunted houses, but there are also walk-around characters which will hide on the midways and jump out at you. They even chase people if they really feel like they can get away with it.

Like Psycho Elfs last year...

Yea I chased people... got away with it... till they where like *yanks*

-kevin voice- "You're now in scream street"

-me- "sweeeeeeeeeeeet"

yea..they post signs at the beginning of Nick Universe if i do remember correctly... telling/advising parents at 7pm about nick universe closing then...*and they post them for a good reason too* then silly parents where like "well i didn't see them" uhhh yes....

this is what you get for paying attention to "mommy... bubba pinched me make him stop.. mommy he's poking me again"

In the words of my mother "are you bleeding or dying, then dont bug me"

HAHAHA god love my mother