Hanna Barbera character at KI?

CMHDave

There was a bit on ScreamScape today in the King's Dominion rumors that Nicktoons might be dumped for Hanna Barbera. To back up their speculation they stated they heard a rumor that a Hanna Barbera character was out front of King's Island posing for pictures. Can anyone confirm or deny?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a bit on ScreamScape today in the King's Dominion rumors that Nicktoons might be dumped for Hanna Barbera. To back up their speculation they stated they heard a rumor that a Hanna Barbera character was out front of King's Island posing for pictures. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I so hope this is true.....I would love to see Hanna Barbera Again! Yabba Dabba Do!

I so hope this is true.....I would love to see Hanna Barbera Again! Yabba Dabba Do!

Sounds Soobily Doobily!

This is a simple bit of revenge, Paramount granted CF the right to keep using the name as a little bit of free plablicity. CF went :P and scraped it asap. So paramount is taking it's ball (Imagine the nickelodeon rights as a big pink ball) and going home. Since there is already a contract with the HB company, (the AT ride, and Scooby) they are more than willing to play.

P.S. This is a guess based on past company actions.

Way Old Skool KI'r

Hardly. At this point, this is nothing but a rumor on Screamscape. The Nick franchise is very valuable, and has three more years to run. KD does not have Nick yet. I doubt Cedar Fair wants to spend a lot putting it in before the agreement is renewed. And Viacom has been busy licensing Nick out to places like Mall of America...

By the way, Scooby came with the Sally ride license. HB is owned by Time Warner, former owner of Six Flags, with whom it is still closely allied.

In way of the HB characters at Front Gate walking and taking pictures......the entertainment department never really got rid of the HB characters. When the Nick Universe thing happened they only allowed HB to walk in the picnic grove, but still had contracted rights for the characters for another few years. This year the park incorported an "exit" character so that guest can visit with a character on their way out of the park. For staffing reasons it is easier for them to staff with HB characters instead of Nick because of the size requirments of the characters.

In way of the HB characters.....the entertainment department never really got rid of the HB characters.

So, do you know if the Captain Caveman costume is actually still hanging out somewhere at Kings Island? Also, when was the last time it was seen in public that you know of?

I should have been more specific....they did get rid of a lot of the character around 2000 or So when the first Nick expansion happened. In that cut were the likes of Captain Caveman, Jaber-Jaws(?), Huckleberry Hound, and a few others. Those costumes are long gone.

I should have been more specific....they did get rid of a lot of the character around 2000 or So when the first Nick expansion happened. In that cut were the likes of Captain Caveman, Jaber-Jaws(?), Huckleberry Hound, and a few others. Those costumes are long gone.

They had a jabber jaw's costume? How did he walk around? :huh: I know in the show he would walk on his tail (man you never realize how weird some of these shows are untill you really think about them) but it seems like that would be pretty difficult to do in a suit.

Or did he primarily stay in the royal fountains...

I should have been more specific....they did get rid of a lot of the characters around 2000 or So when the first Nick expansion happened. In that cut were the likes of Captain Caveman, Jaber-Jaws(?), Huckleberry Hound, and a few others. Those costumes are long gone.

Thanks for replying...I have been curious about the Captain Caveman costume for a long time. (This costume has a very special memory for me.) Also curious, when you said they got rid of them...were they sold to someone/park, destroyed or returned to Hanna Barbera?

Thanks again.

They had a jabber jaw's costume? How did he walk around? :huh: I know in the show he would walk on his tail (man you never realize how weird some of these shows are untill you really think about them) but it seems like that would be pretty difficult to do in a suit.

Or did he primarily stay in the royal fountains...

Jabber Jaw actually walked around most of the park. His tail portion were the actual legs of the person inside the suit.

The park had: Snaggle Puss, Astro, Hong Kong Phooey, Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble, Quick Draw McGraw, Scooby Doo, Jaber Jaw, Huckleberry Hound, Dyno Mutt, amongst others.

I agree. I used to see Hong Kong Phooey, Quickdraw McGraw, and Scooby Doo all the time and I loved those characters. I also used to tug on Captain Caveman's long "hair" all the time haha. Sorry, I was a rambunctious little kid.

I'm gonna guess this rumor is false. Why would CF want to bring back characters that most kids don't even remember when it seems to me that the most logical thing to do would be to introduce the Nick charaters to the rest of their parks?

I know, Screamscape is usually full of it.

Speaking of costumed characters, awhile back, I seen a picture of someone dressed up in the Yogi Bear costume inside of a speedway buying a 12 pack of Mt. Dew. The picture had me near tears with laughter. But silly me, I forgot to save it! Anybody out there know what I am talking about?

I have to side with the HB characters being in the past for the most part. I grew up near that wra and even I don't know much, if anything, about Captain Caveman, Jabber Jaws, etc... Ever happen to notice the CF has an affinity for the "Peanuts" chracters?

I'll bet we have a stronger chance of seeing snoopy and the gang before we'll see any kind of re'launch of HB characters.

I'm gonna guess this rumor is false. Why would CF want to bring back characters that most kids don't even remember when it seems to me that the most logical thing to do would be to introduce the Nick characters to the rest of their parks?

Yeah but you also got too think about it this way! Yes kids might not know about most HB, But Mom and Dad grew up on these HB Characters. So it is a chance for Mom and Dad to reintroduce them to there kids. I think it would be great for HB to make a comeback.

I'm gonna guess this rumor is false. Why would CF want to bring back characters that most kids don't even remember when it seems to me that the most logical thing to do would be to introduce the Nick characters to the rest of their parks?

Yeah but you also got too think about it this way! Yes kids might not know about most HB, But Mom and Dad grew up on these HB Characters. So it is a chance for Mom and Dad to reintroduce them to there kids. I think it would be great for HB to make a comeback.

And folks like to pick on Screamscape, but from my view they seem to get a lot correct. (And they get it correct well before the actual announcements are made.) So as the story goes.... Those that do know, Do Talk to Screamscape.

And folks like to pick on Screamscape, but from my view they seem to get a lot correct. (And they get it correct well before the actual announcements are made.) So as the story goes.... Those that do know, Do Talk to Screamscape.

Just to add to that a little bit. Ya sometimes Screamscape may be a little quick to post some things. That is why it is posted as either a Rumor, Semi-Confirmed, or Confirmed. When something is posted as a rumor it may be just that a rumor and nothing else. Its not like no one on here has ever posted a rumor before. Also seeing that Screamscape has teamed up with Dollywood shows you that apparently at least one park is willing to think that its a worthy site. Mind you Dollywood seems to be one of the quickest to announce their new attractions.