List of Halloween Haunt Attractions and Desc.

BoddaH1994

Mazes

Club Blood

Action Zone – 7pm until 1am

NEW! This popular night club has never been so bloody good! The club’s exotic dancers are dying to meet you. Come in for a bite. Stay as long as you like. In fact, you can stay forever!

Death Row

CONEY MAUL – 7pm until 1am

So, you think the Death penalty is bad? Step inside this sanitarium of slaughter and see what torture is all about! The inmates in this evil prison can’t wait for you to join them on Death Row.

Red Beard's Revenge

RIVERTOWN – 7pm until 1am

A sense of dark confinement abounds as you tour below the decks of a cursed ship. Evil pirates are ready to challenge even the bravest souls to a duel. Can you get past these swashbucklers and make it out alive? Know this as you try: Dead men tell no tales!

Massacre Manor

CONEY MAUL – 7pm until 1am

The Manor is for sale and the price has just been reduced! Never mind the rumors of murder and torture – it’s priced to sell. Potential buyers descend into fear as they make their way down creepy corridors, entering one terrifying room after another. Along the way you will encounter many of the Manor’s inhabitants – most of them long since departed.

Circus of Horrors 3-D

INTERNATIONAL STREET – 7pm until 1am

Join the circus like you wanted to when you were a kid … permanently! Despite the presence of elephants, giraffes and other circus animals, this is not your run-of-the-mill Big Top. Only the most determined will make it out alive.

Trail of Terror

CONEY MAUL – 8pm until 1am

Come with plenty of friends to hold on tight if you dare to venture down this darkened path of mindbending terror deep into Kings Island’s woods. Hideous creatures are lurking in the shadows and zombies in advanced stages of decay emerge from bushes and wander mindlessly along the trail in search of new life.

Tombstone Terror-TORY

RIVERTOWN TRAIN RIDE – 8pm until 1am

Covered bridges and foggy terrain disguise the evil that lurks in every direction as you travel aboard a midnight train. But don’t be alarmed. We guarantee you’ll make it to your final destination!

Fear Zones

Cornstalkers

INTERNATIONAL STREET (TOWER TO RIVERTOWN) – 8pm until Midnight.

Beware as you wind your way through this frightful cornfield! Countless scarecrows rule the overgrown ruins of the formerly vibrant Rivertown. Built by farmhands to ward off any would-be trespassers, these guardians of rubble take their jobs very seriously. Legend has it intruders make these evil scarecrows come to life!

The Worksite

INTERNATIONAL STREET (TOWER TO CONEY MAUL) – 8pm until Midnight

Vacant for years, this worksite has remained untouched and forgotten since the day when something went disastrously wrong. We dare you to enter this undiscovered path of wreckage. Don’t be surprised if you never find your way out. Fear not; someone ... or something is sure to find you.

The Show

Dead Awakening

SHOWPLACE THEATRE – 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 and Midnight

NEW! If you believe the world is a dark and evil place, then Dead Awakening will re-affirm that! This unique adult-oriented, R-rated contemporary horror and music video style show includes graphic scenes and disturbing activity as you witness a young lady’s gruesome nightmare unfold.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this sounds really sweet park staying open till 1 am and the season ends on Oct 31st but is this event free with park admission. I just have one question and Im very well aware that people read these Fourms but a lot of us bought a maxx pass for the price of 125 dollars it would be really DUMB if the park charged for this event. Just thought I put my 2 cents in. On a side note I was at the park not to long ago and I asked when 2008 passes go on sale they said the some time in September.

All this sounds really sweet park staying open till 1 am and the season ends on Oct 31st but is this event free with park admission I just have one question and I very well aware that people read these Fourms but a lot of us bought a maxx pass for the price of 125 dollars it would be really DUMB if the park charged for this event. Just thought I put my 2 cents in. On a side note I was at the park not to long ago and I asked when 2008 passes go on sale they said the some time in September.

According to the press release, ticket information will be available later. Therefore we do not yet have an answer to your question.

I wish they would charge extra for FF/Haunt, then we'll start to see a higher level of detail and scare.. much comparable to Halloween Horror Nights.

Also, Haunt IS an upcharge event at Knott's... so don't cry if they charge for the event at Kings Island. If they DO charge, it probably won't be by much; I'm thinking like a $10-$12 a ticket for Haunt. -Hauntguy

I wish they would charge extra for FF/Haunt, then we'll start to see a higher level of detail and scare.. much comparable to Halloween Horror Nights.

Also, Haunt IS an upcharge event at Knott's... so don't cry if they charge for the event at Kings Island. If they DO charge, it probably won't be by much; I'm thinking like a $10-$12 a ticket for Haunt. -Hauntguy

If it's really THAT much better (which I have faith it will be!) then I would have no problem paying $10-12 for it.

Knott's Scary Farm was ALWAYS an upcharge, even before CF bought them... and Universal's Halloween Horror Nights has ALWAYS been upcharge. Obviously you've never been exposed to a "real" theme park haunted event before!

I for one hope and pray KI's event will be an upcharge! Time to bring in the real terror. -Hauntguy

Kings Island use to charge extra for FearFest in 2000 and in 2001. I remember even having to pay as an employee of the park to go. I at least remember in 2000 paying, they may have giving us free tickets in 2001 for employees.

I cant remember if it was extra through 2001 or 2002 because 2003 was when they decided to have the indoor attractions open at 3pm and the outdoor attractions open at 8pm. I remember that you had to get a wrist band when it was extra, not that they checked much. 2000, they had the newspaper map thing, 2001 they had no map, 2002 they had the whole separate map just for fearfest, and 2003 they started to incorporate fearfest into the park map so... yea.

I wish they'd bring back celebrity execution!!

Lol, Celebrity Slaughter, classic. I remember they would have special guests like the mayor of Cincinnati.

I remember in the show I went to, they cut of Carrot Top's hand, and chopped off Britney Spears' head, and threw them both into the audience.

I for one hope and pray KI's event will be an upcharge! Time to bring in the real terror. -Hauntguy

I wouldn't mind seeing an upcharge... so long as it doesn't come until next year. I for one would be very angry if they make it an upcharge this year seeing as FearFest (Halloween Haunt) was one of the perks included when I bought my pass and it was the main reason one of my friends bought theirs.

I understand what you mean, and yes if they upcharge next year and it is that much better I'll be fine and I'll pay. But I think it would make for some unhappy pass holders if they go to the park thinking they are going to get in free and then they are told it is extra.

Charging for it wouldnt bother me (so long as I can see the $ being put to greater use in the special FX)

My one problem is that from my understanding, the park will be completely emptied for one or two hours.. Everyone must leave and be readmitted to the park to enjoy "the haunt" (I already forget what they're calling it now)

Seems like a hassle but if I remember correctly, was that how they did it the first year?

And where did you hear that from? The park hasn`t even released details about how the pricing will work for this year. Yes, FearFest was an upcharge from its inception in 2000 through the 2002 season. In 2000 and 2001, they completely emptied the park, then let those who had FearFest tickets in. In 2002, anyone who bought a FearFest ticket was given a FearFest wristband, that got them into the haunted attractions.

I feel that charging some extra money could be a good thing. It would get those parents to take their kids out of the park when darkness begins to fall. (Numerous times last year I saw parents screaming at the scaracters to tone it down so that their kids weren`t screaming, ruining the experience for everyone else.) But on the flip side, having visited FearFest in 2001 and 2002, I can say that it was generally more crowded after they included it with park admission and season passes. Not to mention that there were a lot more people buying food and playing games once it got dark. As long as they don`t pull another WinterFest with the pricing, they should be fine. Although, having been included with general admission and season passes for the last several years, if they decide to make it an upcharge, it might be a tough PR battle.

Scarowinds is an upcharge, even for Carowinds passholders. You do get a discount, or did in previous years. Whether or not Maxx passholders from other parks get a discount this year, I do not know.

How do they do this? The park closes for an interval before Scarowinds, and all guests MUST leave the park and be readmitted, at least in past years.

A Maxx Air pass? Hmmm. I'm delirious...

And where did you hear that from? The park hasn`t even released details about how the pricing will work for this year.

In a little pamphlet they sent me in the mail before I renewed my pass (early in the offseason before they dropped the Paramount's off the front of their name.)

It read "What has Paramount's Kings Island Season Pass Holders So Excited?..." and it opened up and listed things like "World-Class Thrill Rides", "The world's best kid's area"..., and "Free Admission to FearFest", etc.

No, I totally agree with you. In fact, on Kings Island`s website just four days ago, it specifically stated: "Free with park admission." I believe that it might also have been mentioned, as you make note of, in mailings and on park maps. It will be interesting to see what, if any, price they charge for Halloween Haunt this year.

I was actually referring to songbob`s post where he stated that he believes that KI will be completely emptied of the day guests before it reopens. I was simply wondering where he heard this at, because they only did it this was the first two years of FearFest. It created a logistical nightmare at the front gates as those leaving the park were exiting at the same time as those trying to enter for FearFest. They ended up hoarding everyone leaving the park through the old season pass entrance, while the front gates were used as the entrance for FearFest.

Well, there is this. From Kings Dominion's press release:

...Admission to the Halloween Haunt is included with any season pass or day pass bought on one of the days of the event....

Anyone find any similar words in Kings Island's press release? Rather, it speaks of tickets being on sale soon:

...Additional event information, including locations where tickets can be purchased, will be announced at a later date....

Wow these attractions loo like it will be better than any other year it has ever had. I might actually attend it this year because in the past my family does not want to stay for it because they just want to go for the rides.

Considering the amount of emphasis they're putting on the event being graphic, intense, and adult-oriented, and not to mention they're somewhat mirroring this off of Knott's Scary Farm, it's almost a guarantee they're going to require a separate ticket for the Haunt just to get the kids out of the park.

http://www.themeparkadventure.com

^ Scroll down to the Haunt Vegas link to get a glimpse of how 'graphic' and 'intense' the Scary Farm is, and you'll understand why I kept stressing that the parents need to make the kids stay home and/or quit complaining about the event being 'too scary for my son/daughter.'

OK, two things:

1) Am I the only one that thinks the new logo looks really slick?

2) Was the name changed due to Paramount owning the name FearFest?

Yeah, I know that with the sale to CF, there was a certain time alloted where CF could still use Paramount's likeness and titles. But with this rather big change, is this only a preview of all things Paramount no longer being part of the park?