Drop Zone is Back in Action!

BoddaH1994

I got word from the park that Drop Zone is now operational.

And on a side note......Firehawk went down yesterday morning and as of 6PM today was still not operating. Smashing season for ride performance at Kings Island this year. LOL.

- Todd, who STILL has yet to ride Drop Zone this year

Well....I think Firehawk's operational status this year has been pretty good generally speaking and considering its propensity for breaking down!!

But so, is Drop Zone spinning when it gets to the top?? I went on it Saturday and it was not spinning!! :angry:

Oh, I definitely agree with you. Firehawk ran far more efficiently than it ever did at Geauga Lake. Its just been a bad month or so for ride down time at the Park, so it would seem. I heard the lift motor burnt out on it, but not sure how true that is.

- Todd

Come on, Drop Zone is not going anywhere. First of all, in the grand scheme, Drop Zone has been very reliable, and the SFKK incident just mandated an inspection, just as any ride has to be inspected after being struck by lightning.

You're definately going to start seeing generation 2 drop rides leave parks, WAY before you see drop zone go anywhere.

Dont make this the next "this ride is sinking" rumor.

No but seriously, drop zone is sinking...

Yes, I too have noticed that Drop Zone has had some walk on lines this season, while other rides have average wait times. However, how much of this is strictly related to the amount of press that the incident down in Kentucky got? Will people return to this ride next year as the news about the Kentucky Kingdom incident fades from people`s minds? Only time will tell. But I think that Drop Zone won`t be leaving Kings Island any time in the near future.

^Good.. replace it with a Power Tower type drop ride that's the same height. :)

Power Tower is a joke, the launch sides are so boring, and the drop sides arent much better, nice view, but nothing exciting.

Yes, I too have noticed that Drop Zone has had some walk on lines this season, while other rides have average wait times. However, how much of this is strictly related to the amount of press that the incident down in Kentucky got? Will people return to this ride next year as the news about the Kentucky Kingdom incident fades from people`s minds? Only time will tell. But I think that Drop Zone won`t be leaving Kings Island any time in the near future.

And you need to factor in that cycles on Drop Zone move a lot quicker than cycles on Delirium and Delirium has a different loose article policy than Drop Zone. Ever since 2005 when Delirium suffered that lengthy summer downtime and they replaced the part, the cycles take longer for the ride to come back to the home position.

I have too been noticing the short lines this year. Knock on wood for saying this but Drop Zone is about one of the safest rides in the park. I am going to go on a limb and say that. I rode Power Tower and for some reason Droo Zone is just much more of a thrilling ride i dont know why. I would hate to see Drop Zone go. I love it!

I have too been noticing the short lines this year. Knock on wood for saying this but Drop Zone is about one of the safest rides in the park. I am going to go on a limb and say that. I rode Power Tower and for some reason Droo Zone is just much more of a thrilling ride i dont know why. I would hate to see Drop Zone go. I love it!

It's the anticipation.