Wonderland Unveils B & M Behemoth

Don`t count on a another major attraction next year guys. Keep in mind, that Cedar Fair doesn`t exactly have a lot of extra cash to be throwing around. And the shiny new ride they are building up in Canada will likely eat up a lot of their capital expenditures budget. In short, there might not be enough money to go around for all the parks to get new rides next year. Improvements? Yes. I`m sure we`ll see some general park improvements next year at Kings Island at the very least. But don`t get your hopes up for another new coaster on the heels of Firehawk.

Don`t count on a another major attraction next year guys. Keep in mind, that Cedar Fair doesn`t exactly have a lot of extra cash to be throwing around. And the shiny new ride they are building up in Canada will likely eat up a lot of their capital expenditures budget. In short, there might not be enough money to go around for all the parks to get new rides next year. Improvements? Yes. I`m sure we`ll see some general park improvements next year at Kings Island at the very least. But don`t get your hopes up for another new coaster on the heels of Firehawk.

Especially since, when the new coaster for Canada was announced, the unit price for the company stock went down 2.5 percent.

There's a message in there somewhere...

Hasn't there always been a pattern, like...one year an adult ride goes in the park, the next year a ride goes into HB/NICK land and the next year waterpark.

I think were due for a waterpark upgrade.

Although you may be right, since the park has changed owners, past performance patterns may or may not be indicators of future performance.

That coaster looks like a maverick. When i first saw Maverick i thought to myself this isnt going to be anything that gives a real thrill but i got proved wrong. This strangly resembles Raging Bull with some Apollo's Chariot and some Nitro in it. And the new trains look like they could provide quite an experience from the backseat. And speaking of Deja Vu, has anyone actually ridden one of the giant boomerang models. To me they look like they could give quite a good ride.

Since CW is getting Behemoth, Great America hasn't got anything major in a while, same with Carowinds and Kings Dominion, and KI only got a used ride... i think the only "Paramount park" CF is interested in keeping for a while is CW and maybe us...

The rest of the parks will be staying, well except GL, so maybe all the old Paramount parks will get new ownership? I would rather KI be owned by a different company... or better yet be solo! My point is that the next parks to get a new roller coaster should be GA, Carowinds, and KD... not us...

=[

JASPER081691- Yes iv'e ridden Deja' Vu at SFOG and it is a great ride!

Jasper081691 wrote:

That coaster looks like a maverick. When i first saw Maverick i thought to myself this isnt going to be anything that gives a real thrill but i got proved wrong. This strangly resembles Raging Bull with some Apollo's Chariot and some Nitro in it. And the new trains look like they could provide quite an experience from the backseat. And speaking of Deja Vu, has anyone actually ridden one of the giant boomerang models. To me they look like they could give quite a good ride.

Yes...someone has even ridden all three of them (several someones, no doubt).

They are indeed great rides, when they work. Which is seldom.

Well then i would hate to see what the back area of Six Flags Magic Mountain will look like now that pysclone is gone and then if they remove Deja Vu well then they are going to be left with a big blank spot back there. Perhaps for a new coaster. Wouldnt surprise me to see that happen.

Since CW is getting Behemoth, Great America hasn't got anything major in a while, same with Carowinds and Kings Dominion, and KI only got a used ride... i think the only "Paramount park" CF is interested in keeping for a while is CW and maybe us...

The rest of the parks will be staying, well except GL, so maybe all the old Paramount parks will get new ownership? I would rather KI be owned by a different company... or better yet be solo! My point is that the next parks to get a new roller coaster should be GA, Carowinds, and KD... not us...

=[

Huh...just because one park gets a coaster doesnt mean the other parks are on the chopping block!?!? :blink:

=[

Huh...just because one park gets a coaster doesnt mean the other parks are on the chopping block!?!? :blink:

You're right. You can't have a BIG year every year... and even the years that aren't big for you are typically big for someone else (parents with kids, waterpark lovers, flat ride fans). Just wait... KI will have their day to shine.. sooner than later.

Ryan

• 4 months later...

Behemoth's track is now complete at Canada's Wonderland! The last track piece was secured on January 22, 2008. Pictures online in Behemoth's Photo Gallery. It sure is a Behemoth. Just look at that beautiful B&M track in all her newborn glory!

Link to Behemoth's photo gallery provided:

http://behemoth.canadaswonderland.com/publ...1&maxRow=12