Does Wiki know something?

webboysmd

Hey everyone, long time viewer...first time poster....

I was just on the Kings Island Wikipedia page and saw this....

"King's Island is currently developing a floorless hyper-twister with B&M for a 2009-2010 debut. The ride will run along the edge of the park with the loading station in the vicinity of "The Beast". Although not the tallest coaster in existence when built it is alleged that the vertical run will surpass that of "The Beast" by at least 750-1050 feet. This ride is reported to use the terrain change at the back half of the park to present a first (possibly second) drop in excess of 312 feet. A final submitted architectural rendering is expected to be made available to Cedar Fair in the first or second quarter of 2008."

Is this new? It's not referenced on the site, which is suspect, but no one has taken it down yet.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it does. There's not a soul here who will ever ride Traver's Cyclone. Never.

That being said, for enough money, I'm sure B and M would build about anything, and build it well. That's not to say there is any credibility in language added to a Wikipedia entry. That could have been done by Mark Shapiro's talented nephew, for all we know.

Well first, welcome!

Second:

Oh, wow. Dear God. I want to know who added that. ...And who's going to remove it. I'm pretty sure that there isn't any miraculous 300 foot land drop-off back there. Sounds like someone's been reading these forums a little too seriously. Webboysmd, take this quote with a grain of salt. In fact take most everything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt. Anyone with internet access can write on Wikipedia. I HIGHLY doubt that this is for real, but I, for the sake of argument will say it's not a bad idea.

I HIGHLY doubt any of that is known by anyone outside of Cedar Fair/B&M management. I'm not sure what the vertical run means, maybe the length of the lift? But a drop of 312 feet seems pretty unlikely considering B&M has never built anything above 230', I think. Although the concept sounds cool, I doubt the credibility of Wiki since anyone can change it.

Well first, welcome!

Second:

Oh, wow. Dear God. I want to know who added that. ...And who's going to remove it. I'm pretty sure that there isn't any miraculous 300 foot land drop-off back there. Sounds like someone's been reading these forums a little too seriously. Webboysmd, take this quote with a grain of salt. In fact take most everything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt. Anyone with internet access can write on Wikipedia. I HIGHLY doubt that this is for real, but I, for the sake of argument will say it's not a bad idea.

Thanks!

I know Wiki isn't the best place for info, but I thought I'd see if I missed something. I can see CF putting a new coaster into the park in 2009, but I'd expect something small next year, if not the next 2 if money is a problem like it's rumored to be.

^ I wouldn't expect a new coaster but I would expect something new. Even if it were a coaser I doubt it would be a B&M. If there were a synonym for B&M it would be expensive. Considering CF's financial condition a B&M doesn't seem to be in the cards.

^ I wouldn't expect a new coaster but I would expect something new. Even if it were a coaser I doubt it would be a B&M. If there were a synonym for B&M it would be expensive. Considering CF's financial condition a B&M doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Or even if they were to move Dominator from GL to KI.... :D

The best part about Wikipedia is you can tell who makes edits. The IP of that user is 63.215.29.198. (It's free information.)

Just take a look at their "talk" page on wikipedia. They have been suspended before for vandalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:63.215.29.198

Also, look at the bottom:

Hi, Please stop adding false information to the Six Flags Great America article

We can dream can't we?

I just edited the Wiki article.

We can dream can't we?

I just edited the Wiki article.

Yes, we can dream...

I've considered CF's financial situation, it doesnt look good, but I'm looking at our sister park up North, and CF is building a massive B&M there.

^I was gonna say just that. Where in the world does anyone get the KI hates B&M or Intamin? Oh, because one hasn't been built there before. Well, guess what? Like Ronny said, CF now owns KI and it'a whole new ballgame. I wouldn't be surprised to see a B&M and Intamin added in the next 5-10 years.

Well, Kings Island really need a modern coaster from someone like B&M (my preference) or Intamin. In a way, I am a little sad that we were given Firehawk, because that will make us wait even longer in all likelihood for a new coaster. When I saw what Canada's Wonderland was getting in 2008, I was a little depressed thinking about how great it would be for something like that to be built at KI...

The best part about Wikipedia is you can tell who makes edits. The IP of that user is 63.215.29.198. (It's free information.)

Just take a look at their "talk" page on wikipedia. They have been suspended before for vandalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:63.215.29.198

Also, look at the bottom:

Hi, Please stop adding false information to the Six Flags Great America article

Which is interesting because here is that persons location

ipaddressbp1.png

and don't forget.... KI is no longer the "favorite child" in the chain. Cedar Point is the "spoiled" sibling in the CF family to get most of the record-breaking attractions.

The ironic thing about this is that Cedar Fair will put in better things at KI than KI received the whole time it was Paramounts "flagship park."

and don't forget.... KI is no longer the "favorite child" in the chain. Cedar Point is the "spoiled" sibling in the CF family to get most of the record-breaking attractions.

Yeah, but I think Maverick is going to be the new mindset for Cedar Fair. They don't have the $$$$ to build record breakers any more. And with Maverick, it has been accepted by the GP pretty well and it doesn't break any kind of record.

I want dominator! They need to bring Dominator to KI!

Sorry, but per Lance on Screamscape (aka Coaster Prophet), Dominator is going to Kings Dominion....

Realistically speaking, it looks like our best shot for a new coaster will be something for 2009 or 2010....probably a mini-B&M hyper like CW is getting...

I love TTD and MF, I really feel they and Maverick are the best coasters ever made. As much as I love them though, I would have to say Maverick is more fun and even more intense. I would much rather see a ride like Maverick come to KI than a "record breaker". ;)

It would be cool to get another record breaking coaster although we are home to a lot it seems like but IMO i have to go with what coasterfan said i would much rather see a ride like Maverick come to KI. But hey a new coaster is a new coaster and its usually better then just getting nothing even if it does not come anywhere close to breaking any type of record.

The ironic thing about this is that Cedar Fair will put in better things at KI than KI received the whole time it was Paramounts "flagship park."

We were the flagship park? I dont ever remember the park being called that in press releases or the website or anything. If you go buy which Paramount Park perofrmed the best.....PCW did much higher attendance than PKI did.