Does Wiki know something?

webboysmd

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I wouldn't expect a new coaster but I would expect something new. Even if it were a coaser I doubt it would be a B&M. If there were a synonym for B&M it would be expensive. Considering CF's financial condition a B&M doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Or even if they were to move Dominator from GL to KI.... :D

I heard Dominator was going to Kings Dominion actually, to replace hypersonic

As im sure has been discussed, the GP may view the removal of Hypersonic in a less negative light if they are getting a 'new' ride, especially not just a one trick pony... So the fact you havent heard anything about the 'last three words' means virtually nothing...

I personally wouldnt be all that stunned if Hypersonic made a quiet departure with dominators arrival...

and don't forget.... KI is no longer the "favorite child" in the chain. Cedar Point is the "spoiled" sibling in the CF family to get most of the record-breaking attractions.

The ironic thing about this is that Cedar Fair will put in better things at KI than KI received the whole time it was Paramounts "flagship park."

We were the flagship park? I dont ever remember the park being called that in press releases or the website or anything. If you go buy which Paramount Park perofrmed the best.....PCW did much higher attendance than PKI did.

Come on! Just about everybody knows KI was considered the flagship park of Paramount.

Kings Island was most definitely the flagship park under KECO, and was considered such in the last days of Paramount. For a time, the company (but NOT Jeff Seibert) maintained that Paramount's Carowinds was the flagship park. Paramount Parks headquarters was moved to there, and most of the higher level managers who had been in Cinci were moved to Charlotte.

There can be little doubt what park is the flagship of the Cedar Fair chain. . . and almost no one can debate that point.

Kings Island was most definitely the flagship park under KECO, and was considered such in the last days of Paramount. For a time, the company (but NOT Jeff Seibert) maintained that Paramount's Carowinds was the flagship park. Paramount Parks headquarters was moved to there, and most of the higher level managers who had been in Cinci were moved to Charlotte.

There can be little doubt what park is the flagship of the Cedar Fair chain. . . and almost no one can debate that point.

Geauga Lake? :P

Geauga Lake? :P

I was going to say MIA... but hey.. we're different. ha ha

Cedar Point is clearly the foundation onto which Cedar Fair is built, however I don't think that they'll be quick to look past Kings Island. Kings Island has the tools to make them a lot of money and I'm sure they know that.

I was going to bring up the Carrowinds angle but I was unsure if I was right.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Cedar Fair is Better than to pick fav's like Paramount. Of course, if you look at the history of the parks, you'll see that we have and always had more rides or coasters than any other ex-paramounts. (Maybe thats because we have a 3 year advantage?) But, that doesn't mean that we were the spoiled ones.

Actually, the highest revenue park for CF is Knott's Berry Farm. I am not debating about Cedar Point. Actually, KBF and Canada Wonderland are the parks with highest attendance for CF, right?

KBF

Wonderland

CP

KI

KD

Carowinds

Great America

VF

DP

WoF

GL

MiA

I think this was the order based on attendance.

^ Nice list. Boy, CP was 3rd! wow!

i think the only reason that CP was 3rd was because there arn't many kiddie rides so people usually go to the parks where their kids can have an enjoyable time where at CP there are only two kiddie rides then the little area by max-air.

^ Yep. KI has a Golden Ticket award for their Kiddie Area. If you ask me, I think it's a very well organized, decent kiddie area. Not like GL's.

i have never been to GL, but with what i posted before you i was talking about CP not GL. so were you talking about CP or GL.

or did GL have a poor kiddie area like CP?

CP actually has three kiddie areas:

Kiddie Kingdom (by Maxair): Full of old classic kiddie rides

Peanut's Playground: A Playground area for kids to run around (fenced in) with a mini train

Camp Snoopy(parallel to the Gemini midway close to MF island): New area with some newer rides(Camp Bus, Roadway, etc.,) classics family rides (tilt a whirl, Paddlewheel Excursions,) and the two kiddie coasters (Woodstalk Express and Jr. Gemini.)

That said Nick Universe blows CP's areas out of the water.

Has'nt it been mentioned rumored for years Cedarpoint was going to build a new from the ground up highly themed Kids Park inside the park ????

If that happens could cause trouble for Kings Island??

Will Kings Island keep up with there kids park and keep it going????

You won't see the Nick change anytime soon. Think of it this way.... would kids of today rather see Spongebob or Snoopy?

Keeping the licensing for Nick would be a great investment for CF. Though I loved Snoopy as a child, they need to attend to the children of today.

Also, don't forget to throw Scooby-Doo in the mix. I say he stays just do to the tremendous popularity of people of all ages. I bet the only people that aren't fans of Scooby are the Kings Island First Aid folks. The music is loud and I am sure they hear the music in their sleep.