Halloween Haunt FREE With Park Admission, Join the Haunt Scare Team, Labor Day Weekend Discounts

++Please note that Kings Island will be closed to the public and to pass holders from September 4th to the 22nd. Click here to be taken to PKI.com's operating calendar.++

This October, Kings Island will be transformed from a summer getaway into the biggest, baddest, most terrifying Halloween event in the mid-west: Halloween Haunt! Halloween Haunt is FREE with park admission and to season pass holders. It features terrifying new mazes, an amazing new R-rated show, and some of your favorite thrill rides! For a list of Halloween Haunt's attractions, click here.

Halloween Haunt features graphic scenes and suggestive themes. It is NOT intended for children. Parents please be advised!

A warm-hearted employer seeks cold-blooded employees as Kings Island continues its search for SCAREactors for the Halloween Haunt event! Ghouls and ghosts who terrorize, petrify and repulse park guests can earn up to $10 per hour. Scare Fairs are being held Fridays and Saturdays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Kings Island. For more information please contact the Kings Island Employment office at 513-754-5748 or go to PKI.com.

During Labor Day Weekend, Kings Island is offering discounted tickets via PKI.com. Tickets can be purchased half price by clicking here. Please note that these internet-only tickets are valid on Sept 1, 2, and 3rd ONLY!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? No Matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You Boddah1994 for coming through for us yet again. I am not sure why people doubted you in the first place.

Yeah, serves them right!!!

As I told you guys in another post, the "IF" was emphasized because the decision hadn't been made. I wasn't covering anything up, I was telling you the truth!!

I think that this was a smart decision by the park. Yes, the overall experience might have been improved had they charged for it this year (and to shorten some of the lines up for the haunts). However, because it was so close to the event, and they had not advertised a new pricing strategy, it would have been a hard push to get the public to understand the new structure, this late in the game.

I`m all for paying to get into Halloween Haunt if it means shorter lines. Which, looks like it will now happen next year.

It wouldn't have mattered to me one way or the other as I will be a creature, but I would have gladly paid to get into the event knowing it would be a better event. You get what you pay for.

Yes and no. The event this year is MUCH better than years past. They bumped it up a notch figuring that it would be an upcharge and wanted to make it worth your time and money. Consider it a gift from the fine folks in Sandusky.

Well that sucks... Now, we have to deal with SUPER LONG lines and DRUNK RULEY CUSTOMERS!! Well, they better change the adverts that are going around because the haunts WON'T BE LONGER or BETTER with lines like those. It will be just like last year, shoving groups of 10+ through at a time every :30 seconds!

Hopefully something will happen to change this! -Hauntguy

People were upset when they thought it was going to be an upcharge, and now people are upset that it's free. You can't please anyone. But I bet they intended it to be an upcharge this year, but since they promised in the 2007 park maps that FearFest would be included with park admission they probably figured it would be better to have HH free for 2007. Sounds like 2008 HH will be an Upcharge

I think Cedar Fair has again made the right decision. I'm telling you, finally I am seeing wisdom guiding decisions on the admissions and pass processing fronts. Kudos to all those involved in this wise decision...doing the best they can with where they are for this year, and upcharging in the future to deliver a higher-quality experience for those who go to the Halloween Haunt.

Well that sucks... Now, we have to deal with SUPER LONG lines and DRUNK RULEY CUSTOMERS!! Well, they better change the adverts that are going around because the haunts WON'T BE LONGER or BETTER with lines like those. It will be just like last year, shoving groups of 10+ through at a time every :30 seconds!

Hopefully something will happen to change this! -Hauntguy

Oh man, I know exactly what you're talking about. I HATE when they push large groups so fast that 1, only a fraction of the group gets scared per creature since only a part of the group actually encounters them, and 2, you can already tell what's up ahead because you're so close to the group in front, causing you to see the haunts before they scare you. It never gives the haunts enough time to reset and really go for it.

Just to say, I don't have a problem if HH is an upcharge next year. At least it won't be advertised as included. Even though FearFest is no more, they were advertising all season that it would be free with park admission, so I think this is a great move for Cedar Fair. And thank you.

I think Cedar Fair has again made the right decision. I'm telling you, finally I am seeing wisdom guiding decisions on the admissions and pass processing fronts. Kudos to all those involved in this wise decision...doing the best they can with where they are for this year, and upcharging in the future to deliver a higher-quality experience for those who go to the Halloween Haunt.

That sums up my thoughts on the issue exactly. I would like to thank Cedar Fair for making the right decision and not upcharging after they advertised it to be free for so long.

That being said I can't wait for the upcharged Halloween Haunt in 2008!

So, as of today (as I was working Cleanup Crew), the facades for Massacre Manor and Red Beard's are up, as well as their maze layouts, which look cool.

So, um, you might wanna grab the camera and get some Kodak moments this weekend.

Oh yeah, and that hearse that was parked out in front of the casting office is gone, and a mini-scene with a skeleton, a couple of hay stacks, and a fog machine, in its place. Apparently, people have been keying it a lot lately.

Hah, yea I saw that today. I was going to make a post about it later. I started laughing when I saw that, everyone who I was with just starred at me. Also, I found it funny how today was "Paramount sale day!" All former paramount merchandise was on sale up to 60%; In addition, they were also giving away bears with winter fest logos on them. I guess Cedar Fair is trying to clean out the ol' warehouses.