2008 Cedar Point Season Pass Program

2008 season passes go on sale September 14

Friday, August 31, 2007 5:23:24 AM

Cedar Point Press Release

Summer’s Not Over Yet!

Bonus Weekend Is Near; North American In-Water Boat Show Returns To Cedar Point Marina; 2008 Season Passes Go On Sale

SANDUSKY, Ohio, 2007 – Summertime fun will continue past Labor Day when Cedar Point amusement park/resort will open for one Bonus Weekend on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 7-9.

On Friday night, Sept. 7, Cedar Point will be open from 6-11 p.m. with limited ride availability. (Some rides and attractions will not be open.) On Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 8-9, the park will be open from noon to 8 p.m. The following weekend, Sept. 14-16, Cedar Point will reopen for its 11th annual HalloWeekends celebration (one weekend earlier than last year). For the first time, the park’s fall fright fest will be extended to seven weekends of thrills and chills!

Now through Labor Day and the Bonus Weekend, Sept. 7-9, guests can challenge the rides and roller coasters at Cedar Point and save money. Guests can save $10 on a one-day regular admission ticket (valid for guests ages 3-61 who are 48 inches and taller) by purchasing their tickets online at cedarpoint.com. (An $8 surcharge will be imposed on any ticket used after Sept. 9.) Senior and Junior tickets are only $12.95 each. Children age 2 and under are free. (Cedar Point will be closed Tuesday through Thursday, Sept. 4-6.)

Another favorite will return to the park when the 35th annual North American In-Water Boat Show will sail in and will dock at the Cedar Point Marina, Wednesday through Sunday, Sept. 12-16. This is the largest boat show on the Great Lakes and will exhibit more than 700 sail and powerboats, ranging from boats that cost a few hundred dollars to boats that are 60 feet long and are worth more than $1.5 million. The show will also feature boats from the top builders, including new, pre-owned and brokerage boats, and will display the latest in marine accessories and equipment. Guests at the boat show will also have the opportunity to enjoy a free sailboat ride at the Discover Sailing Center.

Show hours will be noon to 7 p.m., Wednesday through Friday, Sept. 12-14; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16. Children age 12 and under will be admitted free to the boat show. Admission to the boat show does not include admission to Cedar Point.

Beginning Friday, Sept. 14, guests will also be able to get a “jump start” on the fun at Cedar Point in 2008 by purchasing a season pass, valid for unlimited visits to Cedar Point. For the 2008 season, guests will have two season pass options to choose from: the Cedar Point Regular Season Pass, valid for unlimited admission to Cedar Point only, and the Cedar Fair Platinum Season Pass, valid for unlimited admission to Cedar Point, Soak City Waterpark and all other Cedar Fair amusement parks and outdoor waterparks. Overall, the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company owns 12 amusement parks and five outdoor waterparks.

In addition to admission to some of the best parks in the United States and Canada, the 2008 Cedar Fair Platinum Pass includes several added perks that guests will enjoy. All Platinum Passes will include parking at Cedar Point and all other Cedar Fair parks. Also, all Platinum Passes will include enrollment in the Point Perks program, a “members-only” benefits program that features early entry to Cedar Point each operating day, discounts on food and merchandise and invitations to special events just for Point Perks members. Cedar Point Regular Season Passes will not include parking or enrollment in the Point Perks program. Cedar Point Parking Passes will be $50. Guests who purchase any season pass (Cedar Point or Platinum) through Nov. 11 will also receive a complimentary Cedar Fair Entertainment Company pullover jacket. Cedar Point Regular Season Passes (valid for guests ages 3-61, 48 inches or taller) will be $104.95 ($114.95 beginning Nov. 12); Junior Season Passes (valid for guests ages 3-61, under 48 inches tall) will be $59.95; Senior Season Passes (valid for guests age 62 and older) will be $59.95; Cedar Fair Platinum Passes will be $140 ($150 beginning Nov. 12); Junior Platinum Passes will be $89.95; Senior Platinum Passes will be $89.95. Children age 2 and under are free.

Beginning Friday, Sept. 14, all 2008 season passes can be purchased at the Season Pass Center at Cedar Point during park operating hours (Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays) through Sunday, Oct. 28; online at cedarpoint.com; or by phone at 419.627.2309.

NO! Amazingly.

From this webpage:

http://marinas.cedarpoint.com/public/amenities.cfm

No boat ramp or space to park boat trailers at Cedar Point. Boaters should be referred to Battery Park Marine Services at 419/625-1666 or the City ramp at the corner of Shelby and Water Streets.

There is a marina where you can park your boat for a (NOT) nominal fee.

^ Just remember, a boat is a dry hole in the water into which one throws money. ;)

I am rather surprised and pleased with CF decision for the 2008 passes. Not only will I not be charged for SC in '08, it appears CF listened to people's complaints.

Nothing's perfect, but it certainly is a step in the right direction.

I'd scan for spyware then.

Any idea how muc the Platinum Pass will cost?

EDIT: Up in Muskegeon they're selling passes for $140. I certainly hope that's the chain wide price. Last year, I pad a total of $155 with $125 for the pass ande $30 for KI parking... So pay a little less for a lot more? Yeah, I'll take it.

^ Just remember, a boat is a dry hole in the water into which one throws money. ;)

I am rather surprised and pleased with CF decision for the 2008 passes. Not only will I not be charged for SC in '08, it appears CF listened to people's complaints.

Nothing's perfect, but it certainly is a step in the right direction.

Not if that dry hole has a hole in it, then it is a wet hole that is bleeding internally..........are we talking about a real boat or CF?

Cedar Points Platinum Pass is also 140 dollars. The normal park pass is 101.95 I believe and then once you add 50 dollars for parking it's more then a Platinum pass, which includes free parking. Whatever KI's prices are we don't know yet. I bet they are similar though to CP. I hope we offer the jackets as well, I want one.

Just a hunch, but I`d have to say that an individual Kings Island only pass will be slightly cheaper than the Cedar Point only pass. And I don`t believe passes to Kings Island only will get free parking this year. The only way you will get free parking will likely be with the Platinum Passes. And it sounds like the Gold Pass Perks will now be rolled into the Platinum Pass Perks Program.

Cedar Points Platinum Pass is also 140 dollars. The normal park pass is 101.95 I believe and then once you add 50 dollars for parking it's more then a Platinum pass, which includes free parking. Whatever KI's prices are we don't know yet. I bet they are similar though to CP. I hope we offer the jackets as well, I want one.

You don't know the hell you're raisin'

What happens in Sandusky

Doesn't always happen in Mason

:rolleyes:

All of the answers are provided from the CP Blog.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/...f0-4bbcaef57582

The Cedar Fair Platinum Pass

The Platinum Pass is valid for admission at Cedar Point, Soak City and all Cedar Fair amusement parks and outdoor waterparks.

But, it’s what’s included with the Platinum Pass that you’ll really like:

Parking – all Cedar Fair Platinum Passes INCLUDE PARKING at Cedar Point and every other Cedar Fair park! The Parking Pass is already built into your Platinum Pass – no windshield sticker necessary! It’s good during the 2008 season.

Point Perks – it’s our all-new members-only benefit program! Known formerly as the Joe Cool Club, Point Perks will get you entry to the park before the general public, discounts on merchandise, invitations to special events and so much more. You can’t add the Point Perks program to your Cedar Point-only Season Pass, so the Platinum Pass is your best value.

So how much?

If you purchase your 2008 Platinum Pass through November 11, it’s only $140.00! Beginning November 12, the price will increase to $150.00.

Junior and Senior Platinum Passes will be available for $89.95.

The Cedar Point Season Pass

The Cedar Point Season Pass is valid for admission to Cedar Point only and does not include parking. However, you can add a Cedar Point Parking Pass for only $50.00.

Cedar Point Season Passes will be available for $104.95 through November 11. Beginning November 12, the price will increase to $114.95.

Junior and Senior Season Passes will be available for $59.95.

But wait! There’s more!

No matter what Season Pass you chose, if you purchase it through November 11, we’re going to throw in a Cedar Fair V.I.P. Season Pass jacket!

The jacket, in sizes Youth L, S, M, L, XL, XXL and XXXL, is a pullover v-neck jacket with a snazzy embroidered logo on the chest. I modeled it for you to get the full effect:

Jackets will be available for each guest that purchases a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass or a Cedar Point Season Pass.

So, get ready to get a head start on the 2008 season. You can purchase your Season Passes here at cedarpoint.com or at the park during park operating hours beginning on Friday, Sept. 14.

P.S. The Cedar Fair Platinum Pass is your best value – take advantage of the benefits all next season!

Finally, a universal parking pass.

And if you want some hints as to how Kings Island is likely (I said likely, not will) to do the Kings Island season pass program, look at Great America in California, also a former Paramount Park:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10663

There, renewing single park passholders can get gold for slightly more than a regular single park pass, and it includes parking. The gold costs just $15 more than a Great America regular season pass. But parking is included ONLY for renewals and ONLY for Great America, NOT the other Cedar Fair parks....

And the Platinum pass is available there for $140, and includes parking at all Cedar Fair parks, just as at Cedar Point.