What is Kings Island REALLY going to get?

familyguyfun1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember all the people who said KI wouldn't get anything last year. How did that prediction work out? I don't think KI will get a coaster either but to say a coaster is "out of the question" is a little strong.

I would be very happy with a good flat and a new sit down restaurant. Maybe a slide for the waterpark.

I still remember all the people who said KI wouldn't get anything last year. How did that prediction work out? I don't think KI will get a coaster either but to say a coaster is "out of the question" is a little strong.

I would be very happy with a good flat and a new sit down restaurant. Maybe a slide for the waterpark.

Had Cedar Fair not taken over, that WAS the plan under Paramount...

I honestly dont see a sit down resturant working in an area of the park that has less hours than the rest of the park as well as a limited season...but thats just me.

Yeah, because look at the locations that were sit down restaurants. (International Restaurant and Columbia Palace.) Both were extremely popular, always packed and made good to great money. Why would CF want to duplicate that?

What was the plan? No coaster. A sitdown restaurant? What? I don't understand what part of the post you are talking about.

They had plans to have shows for 2007, but not necessarily the ones we ended up having. There wasn't going to be a ride installment, however they were going to do the regular capital improvements.

I honestly dont see a sit down resturant working in an area of the park that has less hours than the rest of the park as well as a limited season...but thats just me.

Yeah, because look at the locations that were sit down restaurants. (International Restaurant and Columbia Palace.) Both were extremely popular, always packed and made good to great money. Why would CF want to duplicate that?

If CF does dupliate that, and I agree that they should, they need to duplicate the service those places used to give and not replicate the kind of food service you find now.

I totally understand that under Paramount their was no plans for a coaster. My point was that people were saying there was no plans for anything new long after CF took over control of the park. Those predictions were proven wrong when we got the news about FH.

The same types of things are being said again this year. Like I said before, I don't think KI will get a new coaster in 2008 either.

Well there's no apparent signs of construction around the park so I doubt there'd be any large coaster being installed. There could be a chance of getting something smaller like a wild mouse but nothing to brag about. So I feel I'd go along with the original post...

i don't know what we could get but i would like something like skyhawk at CP

I was going to say the exact same thing. It is an extremely fun ride and I feel it could go well with X-Base. With many else, I feel that KI needs at least one table service restaurant. The only thing I'm afraid of is what The Interpreter mentioned...

However, if any such a venue is going to have the same level of service, quality and pricing as food service has demonstrated this year, there really is no need to bother. . .