What is Kings Island REALLY going to get?

familyguyfun1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was at the cardowins fan site i noticed that they have a wild mouse ride called the fly. And kings dominion has one also. So do you guyes think that KI could get a wild mouse next season??

There is no "The Fly" at Carowinds. That would be Ricochet:

http://www3.cedarfair.com/carowinds/attrac...il.cfm?ai_id=30

It's better than the one at Kings Dominion, IMHO, which is also called Ricochet (but in the thrill rides section of KD's website, while Carowinds puts its Ricochet under Family Rides):

http://www2.cedarfair.com/kingsdominion/at...ry.cfm?ac_id=13

The Fly is at Canada's Wonderland. It can be found here:

http://www1.cedarfair.com/canadaswonderlan...ry.cfm?ac_id=24

However, if any such a venue is going to have the same level of service, quality and pricing as food service has demonstrated this year, there really is no need to bother. . .

CP does quite well with Bay Harbor Inn. Which is the same type of restaurant KI has needed since IR closed.

So well in fact that it actually stays open year round with the exception on Sundays and Holidays. Which is saying something given the metropolis that is known as Sandusky, OH.

There is no reason to think that CF would not be able to re-create the same type of atmosphere at KI.

Of coarse, minus the whole year round idea.

Now for the 2008 attraction, my money is still on a re-themed TR.

• 2 weeks later...

I know exactly what KI is getting next year. Ive been told by a SFKK rep that some people from Cedar Fair were looking to get a "water" coaster for BB, the same as the Deluge that SFKK has got at their waterpark. Seems logical since they are fixing up BB. That would be cool to have and maybe they will make it bigger and longer.

I know exactly what KI is getting next year. Ive been told by a SFKK rep that some people from Cedar Fair were looking to get a "water" coaster for BB, the same as the Deluge that SFKK has got at their waterpark. Seems logical since they are fixing up BB. That would be cool to have and maybe they will make it bigger and longer.

Obviously we cannot argue with that. If it came from Six Flags it has to be true, after all, that's where all the Dip N' Dots guys report to for their info.

I know a thousand people have said this already but... for 2008 where getting an expansion to............... X-BASE!!! It'll have a restroom, 1-3 new small flats and some new shops. Oh and the Paramount theming will be gone.

=]

Of course they are, because obviously there is so much extra room to build back there. Plenty of room for 3 new flat rides, a bathroom and some shops. No need to worry about the fact that wood coaster maintainence headquarters is right on the other side of the fence, or that gaming storage, no I'm sure they'll just build right down the road, just build out in one direction like Six Flags America going to Batwing. Then eventually they'll connect the pathway around Son of Beast so that people can walk around and come up the maintainence stairs into SOB's station. Its all so practical.

Yeah, well, sooner or later, they're going to have to build a bathroom back in X-Base, especially if they decide they want to keep using the two Haunt maze locations back there for Halloweens in the coming years. You don't know how much of a pain it is to walk from Psychopath's exit all the way to the bathroom next to The Vortex when all the Port-O-Pooties are full with a line for each one on a Saturday night.

Obviously we cannot argue with that. If it came from Six Flags it has to be true, after all, that's where all the Dip N' Dots guys report to for their info.

I know a thousand people have said this already but... for 2008 where getting an expansion to............... X-BASE!!! It'll have a restroom, 1-3 new small flats and some new shops. Oh and the Paramount theming will be gone.

=]

Of course they are, because obviously there is so much extra room to build back there. Plenty of room for 3 new flat rides, a bathroom and some shops. No need to worry about the fact that wood coaster maintainence headquarters is right on the other side of the fence, or that gaming storage, no I'm sure they'll just build right down the road, just build out in one direction like Six Flags America going to Batwing. Then eventually they'll connect the pathway around Son of Beast so that people can walk around and come up the maintainence stairs into SOB's station. Its all so practical.

If they wanted to expand the X-Base, I'm sure they could find a way to do it. I'd say the biggest problem would be the bottleneck entrance under The Racer. Even back when it was just FoF back there, it got pretty crowded at times.

=]

I was thinking that the expansion would go farther away from the park, farther back than Firehawk.

They could just build a side walk under Firehawk.

a roller coaster is out of the question because canada's wonderland is getting one this next season. The copmany can't afforde to make any new roller coasters. If we got one it would be moved from some other park but we already got Firehawk.

It's not that it's just, when was the last time KI got 2 big coasters in a row (big meaning not in Kiddie Land!) ?

=]

Close Nick, but you didnt quite get it. They have no intention of all of connecting it t teh SOB area, however, you were correct abotu Six Flags America, eventually X Base will continue that way untill it reaches Batwing, connecting the parks, forming one mega park. Im so glad emo beaver released this info, its time the public knew. "Six Flags America Island of Kings presented by Cedar Fair." Featuring: Batwing and Firehawk....dual flying coasters.

^I wouldnt consider SOB a pice of crap. I would consider it a piece of junk that is rough as a cobb. But i mean it is still a decent coaster. What do you expect for a wooden coaster 200 feet tall.

But Cobb's wooden coasters aren't THAT rough!

--The Interpreter, who sure hopes more than a few get that one

(For those who do not, a hint:

http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?contact=25 )